Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers Side Vs North Sydney Bears

Jason Clarke and Garret Crossman will line up for the Bears barring any major last minute injury in the Souths camp

Sorry if ive missed it, but does anyone have a time and place for this game? Smeg?

Just listen to it on HHH….Well done BRET defeated Souff's 28 to 12....

Taumata...3 tries..... :eek:pen_mouth:

Just like Geo I've just finished listening to the game over the internet, great team performance despite the conditions and Shaun having an off day with the boot, the result was never in question and it was fantastic to hear the name Lazarus attacking and probing all game, great effort fellas, cheers BRET!.

A hard fought win by the Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers
winning 28-12 on a wet dead track.
Matt Ryan was my Man of the Match.

A performance that would please any coach.

The Tigers could not buy a penalty all game and the disparity in time allowed in the ruck was pretty large but they still fought hard and put in.

Schirnack and Davidson were very good returning from injury. Really the entire side showed up and performed for their team mates and you cannot ask for much more than that.

It is really great to finally be getting troops back on deck

How did Matty Davidson look Smeg? Has he regained all of his lost size? And how was Taumata in bagging a hattrick?

Davidson is not to the same size as the beginning of last year but really trimmed down over the last 3 weeks and is at a good starting playing weight.

Taumata scored 3 good running trys.

Replay is at 5 on Fox this Wednesday

Davidson still looked big IMO, and made some big hits in a game of many good clashes.
Arana is super quick in short distances which helped today in all of his tries.Looking at the team sheet, what I noticed was that all put in today , for a hard fought team win.

Balmain were all over the Bears in the first half and were getting a lot if repeat sets, but to North Sydney's credit they hung in ,to go in at half time only down 10-6\. Smeg's comments on the ref was pretty spot on, and I don't remember many penalities coming the Tigers way.

The Tigers probably could have scored 3 more more tries if they were more patient , but after a game last week, where the ball on a string , they were again chancing their arm a bit.

Darren Nicholls was again very solid at 5/8 before he was moved to hooker , so Mitch Brown could a start of the bench and into the centres , pushing Arana to 5/8, and 80 minutr player , Ryan Carr back on the bench.

The absence of the Balmain Faithful ( who I believe some are overseas) made being at Leichhardt a little different , but the addition of the flying flag Bear fantanic made for sone very funny moments.

Apart from the weather being a downer , the increase of the price of beer from $5 to $6 , a 20% increase makes it now more expensive to have a can of beer at Leichhardt than to enter the place( and that always includes you own copy of Rugby League News , The Greek owner didn't waste no time telling me that it's been his first increase in 3 years

Hi everyone

The Balmain, Balmain, Balmain chant, and the lolly-legs calls were sadly missed.

Good that the team managed a win without them.

Well done Tigers!!

Tigergran

Darren Nicholls impresses me every time i see him. He just gets the job done. He has a good boot on him, looks sharp and comes up with some clever plays. I wouldnt have a problem with him wearing the 6 or 7 in first grade if we get any injuries.

@king sirro said:
Darren Nicholls impresses me every time i see him. He just gets the job done. He has a good boot on him, looks sharp and comes up with some clever plays. I wouldnt have a problem with him wearing the 6 or 7 in first grade if we get any injuries.

I'm watching him now and was just pondering the same thought of him. I liked him last year for the 20's, but never really thought he showd any zip or major creativity. He is jumping into Dummy Half alot and is directing play well.

He is a real competitor, and may offer something as a utility later in the year. I dont think he would let us down!!!

Watching Tuamata's 3 tries, and I wouldnt say he isnt doing anything which would suggest he should be bought up to NRL. All 3 were simple tries and to be honest, the guy is farely average in defence…

Taumata is an ideal bench back as he actually would provide real impact IMHO.

As for Nicholls the best thing that happened to his career was playing changeup hooker off the bench for the start of the year. He improved all of the 1% areas of his game. He and Lazarus form a very potent halves combination and have the right balance and can play either side of the ruck or in combination swapping between half and pivot.

Just got back from watching the replay and Darren Nicholls played brilliantly. He works very well alongside Lazarus. Can't wait for this weekends game :slight_smile:

Taumata would indeed offer significant impact off the bench. Speed to burn. People go on and on about Soward over 40m, Taumata would thrash him I reckon. The conditions in that game probably didn't suit him so much, but I was a little concerned about his lack of involvement. Every other tigers player rated an A+ for enthusiasm, but I thought Taumata was a lot less involved.

10 minutes off the bench at the end of each half in first grade and I reckon he would create many opportunities.

@king sirro said:

yeah King Sirro , the kid is getting better & better with every game. It Is funny how before Sheens went overseas with the Australian team , Nucholls got told he had a spot with the top squad, but when he came back Chris Corby got that spot.Nicholls would have been better value there as he can cover , 5/8, halfback & does a fine job At hooker as well.It's a pity really as with Lui, Motzen , Benji , Farah tie up for years, Dazza will probadly be at another club next year…

Back