Ben Orcher

Balmain_Tiger

According to one of my sources one of the nsw cup sides just picked him up from the sharks nyc. unfortunately he is injured at the moment. for those who havnt seen him play he has been dubbed by some to being similar to greg inglis.

Which NSW State Cup side got himand is it for 2010 or 2011?

If this info is accurate then it is a good pick-up as this kid can play!

But isn't he a fullback? What about McKinnon and Mullaney…

Maybe McKinnon is only until end of season 2010.

@Tigersmurf said:
If this info is accurate then it is a good pick-up as this kid can play!

But isn't he a fullback? What about McKinnon and Mullaney…

Maybe McKinnon is only until end of season 2010.

That's exactly the case with McKinnon at this stage. Whether he stays beyond this season depends on his form.

Dont recall seeing much of him?

If we are gona try and grab a 20's player from another club, I wouldnt mind spending a few bucks on Beau Henry? Outside of him, I really like the young boys we have and look forward to seeing a few of them develop into genuine NRL players…

http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-display&id=603&team=Sharks&ben-orcher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A note from a sharkie fan:

There was a story in the Mole section of this week's latest Rugby League Week that Ben Orcher, who many regard as the new David Peachey has been punted from the club due to a poor attitude at training.

Does anyone know if this is true?

If this the case then the coaching staff need to be shown the door(should've been punted last season) as Orcher is a promising player and I would hate to see him become a superstar at another club.

Found this on the Sharkies website.
\
\
\
"Ben Orcher
Where is he his not in the toyota cup or n.s.w i thought he was a really big star for the sharks

02-May-2010, 3:40 PM #nar looks like he going to the tigers"

Mind you the post is from 2nd May and has not been updated to any great extent since.

@Tiger Watto said:
Dont recall seeing much of him?

If we are gona try and grab a 20's player from another club, I wouldnt mind spending a few bucks on Beau Henry? Outside of him, I really like the young boys we have and look forward to seeing a few of them develop into genuine NRL players…

Beau Henry
188cm
89kg
Five Eight
Country
NSW
Very Fast
Very Good Goal Kicker

Originally Posted by KnightFan93 View Post
It was in the herald today, but for some reason its not on the heralds website…this is what it says:

Dragons talent on verge of signing
" The Newcastle Knights are beleived to be close to finalising a three-year deal with dragons under 20's captain Beau Henry, although no official announcement is expected until after the State of Origin."

Thats pretty much all it says about Henry, but it also says, "Newcastle continue to monitor developments in Melbourne and will be particulary interested if young forwards Sika Manu, Adam Blair and Kevin Proctor become free agents."

"Referees are like your wife … when they're right, they're right. When they're wrong, they're right ... you just can't win"
-- Tim Sheens

LOl...on the same website!

my brother is a huge sharks fan, and he laughed at me when i said the tigers have signed rocher

I asked a Cronulla fan about him "Ben Orcher" at work today. He had no idea who he was. Can only assume he is not a big Cronulla fan!

They know who he is, and they are not going to admit that he is much of a loss now that he is gone.

I watched him against us in a U20's game a couple of years ago and he was very much a David Peachy style of fullback. He looked like he was going to score against us every time he ran the footy.

I hope he is not another Dane Laurie in terms of training…..but if we got him then he has the potential to be a very good signing. He is fast and that is something we have lacked in the past. Can he tackle though...

@tigersmurf said:
they know who he is, and they are not going to admit that he is much of a loss now that he is gone.

I watched him against us in a u20's game a couple of years ago and he was very much a david peachy style of fullback. He looked like he was going to score against us every time he ran the footy.

I hope he is not another dane laurie in terms of training…..but if we got him then he has the potential to be a very good signing. He is fast and that is something we have lacked in the past. Can he tackle though...

and hopefully his current ''injury'' wont slow him down too much.

@Tigersmurf said:
They know who he is, and they are not going to admit that he is much of a loss now that he is gone.

I watched him against us in a U20's game a couple of years ago and he was very much a David Peachy style of fullback. He looked like he was going to score against us every time he ran the footy.

I hope he is not another Dane Laurie in terms of training…..but if we got him then he has the potential to be a very good signing. He is fast and that is something we have lacked in the past. Can he tackle though...

Thanks for that Tigersmurf…is good to hear good wraps on this kid if we have him. Damn we seem to have so much young talent. Is a good problem unless we release the wrongs ones.

@Wildcat777 said:
@Tigersmurf said:

Thanks for that Tigersmurf…is good to hear good wraps on this kid if we have him. Damn we seem to have so much young talent. Is a good problem unless we release the wrongs ones.

david peachy in terms of playing style and inglis like in aura

There's a massive thread on the Shark Forever forum about the Kid… that's were this comparison of peachy has come from. The thread does go pretty dry after 2008 though... and goes from praise to "who cares"

Not so fused... although I have seen him play and he wasn't all bad... but he'll be another Daine Laurie by the sounds of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back