Benji at halfback again tonight

Balmain_Bug

I wish our next coach plays benji at a wide 5/8.

Sheens just doesn't get it does he ?

….slotting back to 5/8 and looks the goods.

should never play anywhere else instead of 5/8 or centre.

we won, so i will not complain too much, but i wanna kill him sometimes. some of those passes when we are on the opposition line and needing to play the percentages…. agggh
we look far better with him at 5/8\. i like Lui at half - he just needs to gain a little confidence to order the team around and tell Benji to move aside and let him in. i think they will work well together.
but, they put in tonight in terrible conditions.

yeah I can't do the math, he looks better at 5/8, both johns and sterlo were saying he should be 2 wide…

For portions of the game, especially towards the end Lui started to take more responsibility in the attack and started to look a bit more comfortable.
Hopefully Lui grows markedly after that game & Benji can go back to where he belongs, wider and not trying to organise things.

He was inconsistent but he was still good. I think he had to play in tight to get us the win because Lui isn't up to it yet.

He has the ability to play 7 or 6\. I also wouldn't listen to the commentators - Benji was looking real dangerous and led us around well tonight. If he cut out the occassional dumb play that he made tonight it would have been a real good performance.

I thought Lui was really good and grew into the game as it went on. Once he gains more confidence i think this will allow Benji to stay at 5/8.

Tonights match gave me a lot of encouragement about Lui - i think he could build into something over the next couple of months.

took alot of pressure of benji
and lui is really starting to show glimpses of what he can do with the ball
benji looked very dangerous on the fringes though…

@tiger05 said:
He was inconsistent but he was still good. I think he had to play in tight to get us the win because Lui isn't up to it yet.

He has the ability to play 7 or 6\. **I also wouldn't listen to the commentators** - Benji was looking real dangerous and led us around well tonight. If he cut out the occassional dumb play that he made tonight it would have been a real good performance.

Yeah, Sterlo & Joey Johns wouldnt have a clue about halves, would they? :unamused:

@innsaneink said:
Yeah, Sterlo & Joey Johns wouldnt have a clue about halves, would they? :unamused:

Its not that it is that they had made their minds up without actually watching what was going on.

Benji got involved and was leading us around real well. He just made a couple of dumb plays. He also made a couple of real good plays and without him I doubt we win that game.

Lui atm doesn't have the spark to play there consistently . He may get there but he isn't there atm. Farah is not up to playing first grade rugby league at halfback so Benji is the best option.

Yes out wide he is real dangerous but he can also win us games playing in tight and if he is the best option well play him there.

They were going off the entire season re marshall, not just tonite

I agree on Lui but hes still very green and a work in progress,….marshall at half takes the heat off him, but he can overdo it too....

@innsaneink said:

That is my point. In the situation tonight I think Marshall in tight was what we needed. Hopefully he will be able to rove around more if Lui becomes more dangerous.

BENJI PLAYED 2 WIDE LAST WEEK AND DIDNT TOUCH THE BALL. Sorry about the caps but some people are just too hard to please.

@tiger05 said:
@innsaneink said:

That is my point. In the situation tonight I think Marshall in tight was what we needed. Hopefully he will be able to rove around more if Lui becomes more dangerous.

Theyve all been all over the place all year….but conditions tonite werent really suited for benjis traditional game, it was an arm wrestle and we played the conditions well

@innsaneink said:
@tiger05 said:
@innsaneink said:

Theyve all been all over the place all year….but conditions tonite werent really suited for benjis traditional game, it was an arm wrestle and we played the conditions well

Agreed…when he stopped the no look passes(intercept twice) and played with maturity he was much better....

If anyone actually watches how Marshall has been playing lately (not getting involved) it's obvious that he had strict instruction to get his hands on the ball tonight. I could tell from his first 2 touches where he actually run the ball i think twice in one set. I think he actually got too involved at stages calling the ball on the left and right of the ruck play after play but achieving not much and actually putting pressure on himself and coming up with errors. At least he had a decent crack tonight but it always seems to take some sort of public bashing for him to have a go, hope he keeps it up though. Lui played first receiver pretty much all second half and he went real well i thought.

Latest posts

Back