Benji (Mark 2)

Liddy

When Benji first appeared in First Grade he was a revelation.

He had speed, that sidestep, show and go and that no look pass that found the mark.
His defence was always shaky at best, but Sheens tried to hide him on the blind side.
Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
He was once considered the best player in the World.

Fast forward and Father Time is catching up to him.

At this stage of his career, when the above talents he showed have gradually disappeared, it begs the question….
What can he do to make himself a regular First Grader?

Many other players have changed their game as they got older, but it this something Benji can do and if it is
what can he do?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but I don't what to see him finishing his great career in reggies.

A more consistent kicking game. A more selective running game (due to a drop in pace) and he was always good at setting others up, so less passes over the grandstand while still finding the gaps for runners.

These 3 things would be an onfield pass, notwithstanding I'm happy he's back for other reasons anyway.

If Benji watched Reynolds and Brooks tonight would thinking he might be playing a bit more football then anticipated.

Marshall already adapted. He put his sidestep away in about 06-07.

He has already showed that he can excel in a less significant bench role while playing for the Broncos last season.

Back