Benji proved why..

benjibrotown

Potters choice to put him on the bench was disgraceful as far as I'm concerned. I agree without a doubt that Benji has been rather quiet during games this year but to be replaced by Liam Fulton is completely asinine. Obviously the team is struggling as a whole but to put the brunt on blame is Benji by sitting him down shows a lack of respect from Potter in my opinion. I thought Marshall showed good energy tonight, took the line on, threw some good balls and showed that along with Farah he is the centre of attack.
If theres anyone that needs to be sat on the bench it is Adam Blair who shows a complete lack of interest and effort. While guys like Benji and Koro have stuggled at times this year with different parts of the game you cannot question their passion and efforts. How is Benji meant to perform anyone near his peak with a pathetic forward pack that is getting constantly trampled by even backs. Not to mention the fact that Sironen is clearly not a halfback which puts so much unnecessary responsibilty on the back of Marshall. Its no mystery as to why Benji's greatest years have come when he had a decent halfback (Prince and Lui). As for Woods despite what some have said on this forum I still think he will make the NSW squad without a shadow of a doubt.

There is no way that I will ever be attending a game in which Benji is starting on the bench out of principal and if he does end up leaving the club because of Mick Potter I will stop supporting Rugby League and the Tigers in particular until Mick recieves the sack.

37m, 4 tackles, 5 missed tackles for 63 mins.

He came on, his first touch was great and then he disappeared amongst the chaos. He should be in NSW cup with that useless thief Blair.

I agree he showed good energy, which he has not done all year. Maybe, just maybe, it was a reaction to being benched. Just a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

@Cultured Bogan said:

He came on, his first touch was great and then he disappeared amongst the chaos. He should be in NSW cup with that useless thief Blair.

I would be interested in Tedesco's stats. He definitely looked below FG level with some of the very important tackles he missed.

@Cultured Bogan said:

You can't just look at the basic stats mate as Benji's game is clearly not based around that. He provided good passing and created opportunities for the players around him alot more then Liam Fulton was able to do. Obviously not a knock on Fulton though as he is a great BACKROWER.

@benjibrotown said:
Potters choice to put him on the bench was disgraceful as far as I'm concerned. I agree without a doubt that Benji has been rather quiet during games this year but to be replaced by Liam Fulton is completely asinine. Obviously the team is struggling as a whole but to put the brunt on blame is Benji by sitting him down shows a lack of respect from Potter in my opinion. **I thought Marshall showed good energy tonight, took the line on, threw some good balls and showed that along with Farah he is the centre of attack.**
If theres anyone that needs to be sat on the bench it is Adam Blair who shows a complete lack of interest and effort. While guys like Benji and Koro have stuggled at times this year with different parts of the game you cannot question their passion and efforts. How is Benji meant to perform anyone near his peak with a pathetic forward pack that is getting constantly trampled by even backs. Not to mention the fact that Sironen is clearly not a halfback which puts so much unnecessary responsibilty on the back of Marshall. Its no mystery as to why Benji's greatest years have come when he had a decent halfback (Prince and Lui). As for Woods despite what some have said on this forum I still think he will make the NSW squad without a shadow of a doubt.

There is no way that I will ever be attending a game in which Benji is starting on the bench out of principal and if he does end up leaving the club because of Mick Potter I will stop supporting Rugby League and the Tigers in particular until Mick recieves the sack.

Youre missing the point of why he was benched.
It wasnt about the game, the team or tactics…its about telling everyone who is in control
Potter is trying to gain respect.
You dont get respect by being weak, bowing to those under you.
He himself has said he's not here to make friends.
If you think Benji is bigger than the club then dont go to games, your loss.
If benji leaves because he's been benched then sayonara

**You said yourself he was better last night** coming off the bench than after starting the games the past few weeks.
You cant even see it possibly worked.

Agree on Blair

@owley girl said:
I agree he showed good energy, which he has not done all year. Maybe, just maybe, it was a reaction to being benched. Just a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Too much common sense owley

without knowing 'why' he was benched, it makes it harder to understand or find the best solution.

Maybe Marshall was a naughty boy and he was bench for this reason alone?

Rediculous. Benji didn't even play 80 mins and still managed to miss 4 tackles. Looked ok in offense on 1 or 2 occasions but never looked like making a line break or setting up anyone else. Delusional if you think he made any difference last night. In fact could have been worse if he started because there was an extra 17 minutes for him to miss a tackle.

Like he would made a difference he can't tackle if his life depended on it.
Good on Potter for benching him no one is bigger than the team including Benchy.

Benji showed signs of improvement, which is good for all involved.

However whilst Benji is coping all the blame our forwards are underperforming, Woods was poor, Blair as per usual and with the lack of a decent halves pairing we have no direction.

It really is a mess at present and with our mental state at its lowest point in Wests Tigers history, it easy to point the finger at one or two players but the core issue is the entire team at doesn't have any self belief.

for the wests tigers fans whove been around for since inception; is this the worst youve seen general morale?

Benji only perfomed marginlly better to save his position and his butt. Benching him was definatley a wake up call, and if you don't get that …...then I'm benching you. Hope Benji gets the message loud and clear. There's a new Sheriff in town, and your mommy(Sheens) isnt he to save your ass, its Potters now. UNDERSTAND!!

@benjibrotown said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Idiot.

@benjibrotown said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

You can't just look at the basic stats mate as Benji's game is clearly not based around that. He provided good passing and created opportunities for the players around him alot more then Liam Fulton was able to do. Obviously not a knock on Fulton though as he is a great BACKROWER.

He was still poor. Not the standard I'd expect from one of the more dynamic players in the game.

Potter needs to bring in a half, and tell Benji he'll cut off his hands if he gets anywhere near first receiver.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@benjibrotown said:
@Cultured Bogan said:

He was still poor. Not the standard I'd expect from one of the more dynamic players in the game.

Potter needs to bring in a half, and tell Benji he'll cut off his hands if he gets anywhere near first receiver.

So were the other 16 players out there.

First time in 2 years he looked like he wanted to play football.

Won't become a magician again over night. He should improve next week and the week beyond. If he doesn't then its time to say goodbye.

@benjibrotown said:
Potters choice to put him on the bench was disgraceful as far as I'm concerned. I agree without a doubt that Benji has been rather quiet during games this year but to be replaced by Liam Fulton is completely asinine. Obviously the team is struggling as a whole but to put the brunt on blame is Benji by sitting him down shows a lack of respect from Potter in my opinion. I thought Marshall showed good energy tonight, took the line on, threw some good balls and showed that along with Farah he is the centre of attack.

no it wasnt.
benji barely takes on the line anymore, takes no control -which is what we need.
its not like 05 where he can sit back and let others organise around him, he hasnt matured as a footy player (like someone such as thurston has).
it was a good decision by a smart coach.

Back