Benji short kicking game

Tiger_heart

It's a shocker :blush:

Just needs to work on this a little bit more, some of the ones he put through last night had no rhyme or reason, well meaning but poorly executed IMHO

Benji's mental capacity astonishes me. He cops so much flak but still has a go. His long kicking game was outstandning and allthough the short game wasn't, I loved what he was trying to do.

Benji is just an amazing player.

@Balmain Bug said:
Benji's mental capacity astonishes me. He cops so much flak but still has a go. His long kicking game was outstandning and allthough the short game wasn't, I loved what he was trying to do.

No argument from me - but to my mind, if he can master the mental aspect of his game, he has the potential to be remebered as one of the games truly outstanding players

his first 2 were ordinary but from there it was good, 3 forced dropouts, must be doin something right

Imo there is no doubt him & Ellis have been our best 2 players so far this season. Benji is involved in basically every try we score atm.

Last night was a good example when Farah kicked through for Ryan to score. Benji passed a bullet long ball to Farah - it allowed Farah the time to put in a perfect kick.

As for Benji's short kicking game - he pulled off a couple of real good ones.

it seems to be getting better, so obviously he is working hard on it. cant ask for much more than that.

@Balmain Bug said:

he is our Xfactor

His first couple of short kicks were off the mark but he found his range in the second half which was good to see. His long kicking game was good last night. Moltzen is slowly starting to kick more too which gives the Tigers another option.

Benji was good….Nice work in progess.........Now more of the same against the Rorters please....back yourself...confidence is the key...

Yeah unfortunately Benji has what I call 'elephant touch'… he kick the crap out of the ball but not great at the short stuff... he'll come along

kickings not his strength. Last night was close to the best hes kicked all year probably (not saying much).

The problem with alot of Benjis kicks is they somewhat come out of the blue and noone else knows they are on so the chase is horrid. A good example is with teh good teams when a halfback kicks the fullback is always right off his shoulder.

Our kicking in general is always too deep. Another example was at 18-0 we were going fine , right on the Manly line and Moltzen just belted one which went dead on the third tackle. Manly scored off the proceeding play.

What short kicking game, he doesn't have one, never have never will!! Farah has the goods for that and moltzen probably should take on more of that!

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
What short kicking game, he doesn't have one, never have never will!! Farah has the goods for that and moltzen probably should take on more of that!

He does geez… There were three kicks last night 2 by Marshall 1 by Moltzen that just went dead...one bounce the other way and who knows....at least a repeat set....I have been critcal of Benji's game of late but last night he was very good....

Robbie kicked it out on the full at a crucial time....If that had been Marshall....there would be a lot more jumping up and down I'm sure....

@hadds75 said:
kickings not his strength. Last night was close to the best hes kicked all year probably (not saying much).

The problem with alot of Benjis kicks is they somewhat come out of the blue and noone else knows they are on so the chase is horrid. A good example is with teh good teams when a halfback kicks the fullback is always right off his shoulder.

Our kicking in general is always too deep. Another example was at 18-0 we were going fine , right on the Manly line and Moltzen just belted one which went dead on the third tackle. Manly scored off the proceeding play.

Must have been a set play. We kick early too many times not to be.

The only kick i can complain about was the one right on half time when that winger extroidinaire had another brain explosion and gave the ball back to the Tigers 20 mtrs out and 10 secs to go - would have liked to have seen Marshall run it and look at other options - but he put in one of his ordinary short kicks - wasted play.

@Geo. said:
Robbie kicked it out on the full at a crucial time….If that had been Marshall....there would be a lot more jumping up and down I'm sure....

Benji has been significantly better than Farah this season. It has been one of Robbies worst seasons but still Benji is stepping up in class.

this has not been one of robbies worst years.
if u watch the first 10 rounds, he single handedly carried the team.
i think farah should do most of the short kicking coz his deadly left foot is exaclty that… deadly.
the reason benji has been playing good is coz he now had a player in the 7 who can actually play there n he knows that moltzen can create stuff as well, unlike morris who once he has the ball he dummies n takes a tackle n kills our attack.
sharks solved our problems n i hope we thank them sunday week with a 50 point thumping :slight_smile:

Back