Best 25 next year

citizen_cub

Very interested to see who will be selected and who will be cut from the 25 contracted players next season.

Especially in the fowards, where you've got Jason Cayless clogging up 250K and not even playing. Then you've got talented youngsters coming through like Moors, Fifita and Dwyer. Cayless is very injury prone, and I am really starting to doubt whether the guy will ever be seen in a Tigers jersey again. I think he might be snapped up by another club before the June 30 deadline.

In the backs, we've got 4 contracted half backs and/or five eights. In the long term we may only be able to keep 2 of them, maybe only 1\. It depends whether we want a back up in case we lose Marshall or the chosen half back. The two favourites to keep their contracts at this stage would have to be Moltzen and Lui. If that is cut to just 1 it'd have to be Moltzen. The bloke was just in superb form up until his injury and it was no coincidence that the tigers had never lost with him wearing the 7 jersey. The bloke is all class, honestly, he always looks like he'll do something when he's got the ball, whether that be a line break, try assist or a long cut out ball.

Lui has been in good form himself lately, but I don't think he's in the same league as Moltzen. However, I still think he'll be in the 25 next year.

As for Lazarus and Taumata, I don't think they'll make it next year. Taumata is only on a one-year contract and will be looking else where at the end of the year, I doubt Lazarus will be seen in a Tigers jersey again. The boy's come off two ACL injuries, putting him in first grade that early after such injuries probably did his confidence no good. I'm sure he'll be snapped up by some other club and he'll have a very successful career.

Then you've got 5 wingers (Fitzhenry, Ryan, Tupou, Tuqiri and Tuiaki). Now that we've secured Mckinnon's services, this means that none of them will cover the fullback role. I think that'll we'll probably have to oust at least 2 of those if not more. If we had to keep three, mine would be Tuqiri, Ryan and Tuiaki. If two, it'd have to be Tuqiri and Ryan. I don't know whether Tuiaki will have the same impact as he did without this wretched injury. So to be safe I'd keep the ever reliable Ryan. I don't know why we bought Tupou, the bloke is again, injury prone and is just clogging up more money in the cap. Fitzhenry, I'm still baffled as to why we got him back.

Yeah I think Cayless will be gone by the end of the year (He was on a 1 year contract right?).

With the wingers I think it will depend on how much Tuiaki has lost over the injury. I also doubt Fitzy/Tupou will be here next year unless Tupou does something.

@djm619 said:
Yeah I think Cayless will be gone by the end of the year (He was on a 1 year contract right?).

With the wingers I think it will depend on how much Tuiaki has lost over the injury. I also doubt Fitzy/Tupou will be here next year unless Tupou does something.

I'm pretty sure Cayless is on a 2 year contract

OK There are 18 Certainties for next season

1\. Tuqiri
2\. Lawrence
3\. Ayshford
4\. Ryan
5\. Marshall
6\. Lui
7\. Moltzen
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Payten
12\. Ellis
13\. Heighington
14\. Dwyer
15\. Fifita
16\. Daniela
17\. Brown
18\. Fulton

Plus chuck in taniela when he hopefully gets better so thats 19 guys with 6 left over. McKinnon, Moors, Flanagan could and should get contracts for next season. With guys like Schirnack's, Woods, Akeripa, Davis, Pritchard, Corby, Curran etc. filling the last few spots. I think Laz will not be a tigers contracted player with Taumata second tier. but still a long way to go and things will change week to week

no thats just a list of the players i was going through in my head definetly not positions but it kind of turned out like that in the end

yeah cayless is on 2 years with us
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26210341-23214,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If he wasn't, you'd think he'd be gone.

So, TnT, Tupou, Moors, Fitzy, Flannagan, Lazarus are all only signed on for this year?

Wade is only with us for this year at the moment, who knows how he'll go. A change of clubs can make a fair difference in a player.

We have 21 contracted players for next year I think, so only 4 spots available? You'd think TnT and Moors would be signed and if Wade goes well, they'll sign him.

Will we see Tupou this year?

**Outside Backs:** Tuqiri, Lawrence, Ryan, Ayshford, Mullaney, Brown
**Halves:** Marshall, Lui, Moltzen, Florimo
**Backrowers:** Ellis, Heighington, Fulton, Hyland, Roqica, Flanagan, Dwyer
**Frontrowers:** Galloway, Gibbs, Fafita, Moors, Woods, Payten
**Hookers:** Farah, Corby

Hard to say before you know who were going to sign.. and who will be released (Cayless :pray:)
And Im just hoping we dont resign Fitzy..

@citizen cub said:
Very interested to see who will be selected and who will be cut from the 25 contracted players next season.

Especially in the fowards, where you've got Jason Cayless clogging up 250K and not even playing. Then you've got talented youngsters coming through like Moors, Fifita and Dwyer. Cayless is very injury prone, and I am really starting to doubt whether the guy will ever be seen in a Tigers jersey again. I think he might be snapped up by another club before the June 30 deadline.

In the backs, we've got 4 contracted half backs and/or five eights. In the long term we may only be able to keep 2 of them, maybe only 1\. It depends whether we want a back up in case we lose Marshall or the chosen half back. The two favourites to keep their contracts at this stage would have to be Moltzen and Lui. If that is cut to just 1 it'd have to be Moltzen. The bloke was just in superb form up until his injury and it was no coincidence that the tigers had never lost with him wearing the 7 jersey. The bloke is all class, honestly, he always looks like he'll do something when he's got the ball, whether that be a line break, try assist or a long cut out ball.

Lui has been in good form himself lately, but I don't think he's in the same league as Moltzen. However, I still think he'll be in the 25 next year.

As for Lazarus and Taumata, I don't think they'll make it next year. Taumata is only on a one-year contract and will be looking else where at the end of the year, I doubt Lazarus will be seen in a Tigers jersey again. The boy's come off two ACL injuries, putting him in first grade that early after such injuries probably did his confidence no good. I'm sure he'll be snapped up by some other club and he'll have a very successful career.

Then you've got 5 wingers (Fitzhenry, Ryan, Tupou, Tuqiri and Tuiaki). Now that we've secured Mckinnon's services, this means that none of them will cover the fullback role. I think that'll we'll probably have to oust at least 2 of those if not more. If we had to keep three, mine would be Tuqiri, Ryan and Tuiaki. If two, it'd have to be Tuqiri and Ryan. I don't know whether Tuiaki will have the same impact as he did without this wretched injury. So to be safe I'd keep the ever reliable Ryan. I don't know why we bought Tupou, the bloke is again, injury prone and is just clogging up more money in the cap. Fitzhenry, I'm still baffled as to why we got him back.

Did you make most of this crap up? Cayless is on nowhere near 250k a year, or does maiing up that BS number justify your rant a little more? Tupou is on even less, so they're not exactly 'clogging up the cap'. Arana signed a 2 year deal, so he's here next year.

@Tiger Watto said:
**Outside Backs:** Tuqiri, Lawrence, Ryan, Ayshford, Mullaney, Brown
**Halves:** Marshall, Lui, Moltzen, Florimo
**Backrowers:** Ellis, Heighington, Fulton, Hyland, Roqica, Flanagan, Dwyer
**Frontrowers:** Galloway, Gibbs, Fafita, Moors, Woods, Payten
**Hookers:** Farah, Corby

no TnT?

we'd have to release a few players to fit in corby, woods, hyland, roqica, flanagan, florimo and mullaney

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@citizen cub said:

Did you make most of this crap up? Cayless is on nowhere near 250k a year, or does maiing up that BS number justify your rant a little more? Tupou is on even less, so they're not exactly 'clogging up the cap'. Arana signed a 2 year deal, so he's here next year.

Mate, I'm pretty sure Cayless is on something like that, maybe 200K I don't exactly know. Fact is, we have spent unnecessary money on him when we could've evenly distributed that money to some of our current young fowards, or buy someone who is on the field most of the time, a person we'll get value out of. Instead of a bloke who is 30 years of age and over the last 12 months, has spent very little time on the field. The signing was a 'lottery' the recruitment management should've taken into account his recent form and injury status, instead of looking at his past accalades

What's the point of having Lazarus and Taumata?

It seems a forgone conclusion that neither of them will be the first choice halves for the Tigers.

Both of them possess tonnes of talent, unfortunately we just don't have space for them in our team. I'm sure other clubs will secure their services and they'll both end up having very successful careers

@citizen cub said:
@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@citizen cub said:

Mate, I'm pretty sure Cayless is on something like that, maybe 200K I don't exactly know. Fact is, we have spent unnecessary money on him when we could've evenly distributed that money to some of our current young fowards, or buy someone who is on the field most of the time, a person we'll get value out of. Instead of a bloke who is 30 years of age and over the last 12 months, has spent very little time on the field. The signing was a 'lottery' the recruitment management should've taken into account his recent form and injury status, instead of looking at his past accalades

Cayless is not on much at all. The Tigers bought him as a broken player and it was somewhat of a gamble if he came good, which so far he hasn't. McKinnon is only here for the remainder of this season only and is not costing the Tigers a cent. Whether he is here for next year depends on how he performs. Tupou will be playing front row and not on the wing. Lui is very highly regarded by the Tigers coaching staff, he'll be around for awhile.

Bit early to be predicting who will be around next year when this season is only at the halfway mark.

@citizen cub said:
What's the point of having Lazarus and Taumata?

It seems a forgone conclusion that neither of them will be the first choice halves for the Tigers.

Both of them possess tonnes of talent, unfortunately we just don't have space for them in our team. I'm sure other clubs will secure their services and they'll both end up having very successful careers

The point is having depth. Fans have complained about having no adequate replacements for when Benji has been on the sidelines and no adequate replacement for the loss of Prince. We've already lost Moltzen for this season and Lui spent 7 or 8 weeks on the sidelines. Lazarus is a half who has come back from two season ending injuries and the Tigers gave Taumata a lifeline with the idea of turning him into a 7, which was a failed plan as he is now playing centre.

Sheens said Cayless was a quality signing for the club.
>
"Jason will add a lot of depth and experience to the pack and will provide invaluable leadership to the strong crop of exciting young forwards coming through the ranks at Wests Tigers," he said.

LOL

Dean Richie on Hollywood & Zorba this morning said cayless would be cut at years end

@innsaneink said:
Sheens said Cayless was a quality signing for the club.
>
"Jason will add a lot of depth and experience to the pack and will provide invaluable leadership to the strong crop of exciting young forwards coming through the ranks at Wests Tigers," he said.

LOL

Dean Richie on Hollywood & Zorba this morning said cayless would be cut at years end

Dean Ritchie also said Lote would be a rooster….and Farah a titan....and Marshall had already signed with a jap rugby club.

Ritchie says alot of things.

1\. Moltzen
2\. Tuqiri
3\. Daniela
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Lui
8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Tuiaki