Better to be lucky than good

Eddie

And that is what is happening in 2010\. The breaks are going our way. We are winning the close, dirty, struggles in the middle the season. The performance was pretty abject however i actually applaud the team for hanging in there and pulling the game out. The reason we missed the semi finals the past 4 seasons is because we lost 4-5 in the last 10 minutes where we were the better team. This season we have pulled at least 5 games out in the last 20 minutes and some in the last 5 minutes. It is the sign of a team that is very determined in my opinion.

There are 1000 issues with our structure, individual performances and overall team performance however for once, just once it is giving me great pleasure to win a game we did not deserve. Brisbane have done that to us a few times over the years, pulled games out of fire they did not deserve.

Lastly Robbie Farah, that is a special play there at the end. Big captains play in a game we desperately needed. The less sdaid about the rest of the game the better although it is still worth 2 points and extremely vital.

i dont understand how we have gone from this beautiful fluid attacking machine to a team that looks like its straight out of under 8s in less then 12 months….

Not only have Brisbane done it over us that is usually how Brisbane wins any game.
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
*I could be in bed by now if this forum would just let me post

I agree with you Ink…I'd like to know what goes on at training, our defense has improved but our attacking structure, kicking - both the act and the chase, ball handling, ball security, enthusiasm and discipline have all gone backwards, in fact they are steadily getting worse each game.

It's kind of like the Wests Tigers have made it…..
The opposing team challenges our try line from 20 metres out for sets of six and we resist, with success.
And then, because we can score from anywhere anytime we do just that in the nick of time.
In the past we'd lose the the games we played better than the winners, tonight we phucked the broncos over. :smiling_imp:

Geez, we've had our fair share of games where we were the better team and lost. IMO it's about time we were on the other side of that equation.

We won and we sit in third spot. You guys are hard to please. Doesn't matter how you get to the 8\. Getting there is what counts. We would have lost this game in past years and finished in 9th, 10th or 11th. i'm a happy man tonight

It is all about the 2 points ink, really. They are all worth 2 points. No one is happy the way we and certain players are playing. However in order to quality for the finals sometimes you have to take the luck and the bounce of the ball. It is all about getting there and we have not got there in 4 seasons because we lost games like tonight. I am happy with the team for pulling it out of the fire. It was vital no matter how ugly.

@innsaneink said:
I'd rather us be good
Good teams win comps.

and tbe eels were more crap then us at this time last year and got to the grand final on luck

@prattenpark said:
We won and we sit in third spot. You guys are hard to please. Doesn't matter how you get to the 8\. Getting there is what counts. We would have lost this game in past years and finished in 9th, 10th or 11th. i'm a happy man tonight

In golfer speak: you just write your score on the card, not how you got it, so in keeping with that I agree with you Pratten

The game is 80 minutes long and there was no luck in Browne's try, just a brilliant kick and a good catch and dive.

Beale's try for the Broncos was very lucky - lucky they didn't knock on AND, I reckon Fitzy grounded the ball - have a look at it on slo-mo - downward pressure with the forearm. No try.

Back