Big Games Coming Up over the Next four week

Bazzinator

The games against the dragons, broncos, titans and manly will be huge for the tigers this month. We have only beaten one top 8 team this year (unless parra win tonight) and with these four teams firmly entrenched into the eight we would love to get 2 out of the four wins which is realistically possible but with only one home match will be hard to do. These matches will see where we are in relation to everyone else and could make us serious contenders.

previous years ive always believed tigers got up for the big games, and seemed to lose the stupid ones to the lower 8 teams.. see if the trend continues.

@Bazzinator said:
The games against the dragons, broncos, titans and manly will be huge for the tigers this month. We have only beaten one top 8 team this year (unless parra win tonight) and with these four teams firmly entrenched into the eight we would love to get 2 out of the four wins which is realistically possible but with only one home match will be hard to do. These matches will see where we are in relation to everyone else and could make us serious contenders.

Out of all of these, the Broncos is the one match I 'expect' to win, assuming we get snubbed for SOO again. The others are a bit tricky. Dragons will be tough, as will the Titans at home. Regardless of the result this friday, the way we play the game will answer alot of questions.

Titans at Campbelltown will be made a touch easier with the possibility that Scott Prince wont play. His Torn Hamstring will keep him out for a month they reckon. Capable of winning all 4 but should win at least 2.

The Titans switch hit styles without Prince.

They play a heavy forward grind and are very good at it. Friend becomes a halfback from DH much like Farah and they have speed to capitalise on it.

Yes their kicking goes south but Campbell helps in that regard as well. A dangerous side regardless

With our home games at the traditional grounds this will, hopefully be a huge factor. If yesterdays game is anything to go by the "12th or 14th" man factor is going to be key. We brought them home yesterday no doubt about it. These games alone will be enough to see us playing in September although i'm not sure my heart or blood vessels will hold out that long…

@southerntiger said:
I want 3 out of 4\. Very tough I know but doable for a team claiming to be a top 4 contender.

Couldn't agree more.
To be in the top 4 you need to beat the other top 4 contenders.

It's actually **Dragons, Broncos, Titans and Cowboys** over the next 4 weeks. Titans and Cowboys games are both home games - Titans at Campbelltown on a Friday and the Cowboys at Leichhardt on the Monday.

Manly game (at Gosford) is actually 5 weeks away.

The Dragons at Kogarah will be a big test given the short turnaround, a couple of players possibly in doubt with injury and Heighno charged with a grade 1, although he should escape suspension. We play the Broncos minus their Origin players, so that means no Lockyer, Thaiday or Folau at least which will help the Tigers chances. Titans at Campbelltown minus Prince most likely, but they're never easy, and then the Cowboys at Leichhardt whom the Tigers should smash…

I will be happy with 3 from 4 but if the Tigers can really aim up and dig deep, there's no reason why they cannot win all 4.

This Dragons game is very important to say the least. If we extend to 5 straight wins that would be a massive bonus for what lies ahead.

due a loss, so probably best were playing the dragons now, hopefully we can win another 4 straight afterwards

We're expected to the Dragons, but we can take the fight to them as we have in the past, but I'm more concerned about the baby Broncos. A lot of kids looking to showcase themselves for contracts next year, they're always something to be feared.

Back