Blair now on song!

I still think he is lazy in his defensive efforts. He might be covering some metres to get to the ball carriers, but his efforts to stop the man are half hearted or atleast very poor technique. He should have put a huge hit on Roberts and flattened him. He lets a line break through every week with a lazy attampt to tackle. For his size he should be getting lower and using the point of his shoulder. Too much arm grabbing.
No doubt defending beside Benji leaves a big weakness in our line.

@hellman said:
Compared to Galloway, Woods, Bell and Heighno he had an ordinary game. He goes missing for large portions of the game.

I still think you can get say 40 minutes tops out of him and it won't all be at the level of most of our other forwards.

He has been a terrible buy.

Disagree - all of the above players you mention, play tight. Blair is an edge backrower. As a result he isn't meant to do the same job as those players and shouldn't be compared to those either.

Blair was fantastic tonight.

So many good things he does go unnoticed. His pressure on kickers is top class, his wrestle in tackles, his cover defence is great, makes many last ditch tackles (sure he misses a few, but they all do). He runs a great line giving options to himself and out-ball runners.

He may very well be the guy who can make us challenge for the title.

You all want to pick on 1 player grow you immature ppl that have never played 1st grade. He ain't the only player to miss tackles, it's what he does off the ball that counts to. But again just accuse 1
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I agree Ti12ga. If you are picking on one player for missing tackles especially after last nights game, you are cherry picking at best, he certainly wasn't the lone ranger in that department.
Yes Blair hasn't been great this season. But it was an improived performance, just hope it keeps on getting better from here.

@ti12ga said:
You all want to pick on 1 player grow you immature ppl that have never played 1st grade. He ain't the only player to miss tackles, it's what he does off the ball that counts to. But again just accuse 1
\
\

If you actually paid attention to the forum you would have seen a number of players cop a bagging over the year. This player in particular came to us with awfully high expectations and we lost a good defender to fit him in, so far, he has failed to live up to expectations.

@Tigerdave said:
@ti12ga said:
\
\

If you actually paid attention to the forum you would have seen a number of players cop a bagging over the year. This player in particular came to us with awfully high expectations and we lost a good defender to fit him in, so far, he has failed to live up to expectations.

You obviously haven't got the memo mate. You can only criticise if you've played first grade before. :crazy

Farah was horrendous in the first 20 and yet I don't see anyone saying a bad word about him. He let in 2 of the first 4 tries from pathetic attempts, he's a protected species and honestly is half the player he was in origin. Blame our forwards, blame sheens, blame whoever you want but farah is the one whose gone missing since origin.

Blair IMO had one of his best games of the year, it's not all about metres and I thought some of his cover tackles were great. When we get a proper fullback we will see Blair and Woods rack up a whole heap of offloads, SOMEONE FOLLOW THEM!
\
\

@Winnipeg said:
I don't think Blair had a great game, but…
\

@Gary Bakerloo said:
It's funny, everyone blows up about some of his missed tackles, but did anyone notice his effort to get Morgan just prior to the second try? He came from the other side of the field to pull him down just before the line. If Farah had made an improved attempt to catch that kick from Sandow, it would have been a try saver to match Koroibete's effort on Sandow.

…yes I did notice that, it was a good effort

x3\. Morgan had broken 3 tackles in that run and was going to score if not for Blair's last-ditch cover.

@Tigerdave said:
Round 22 and it's now he's starting to stand up? not good enough. We'll see how he goes in the next few games before we should start praising him.

Greg ingles is having his best years at Souths this year his first 2 years he was pretty average he took 2 years to get used to there play
\
\

True he will fire up at tigers in the comming years and dont forget his a foward not an outside back lol. Dont expect him to do everything.

Yeh i seen that gary lot of ppl dont understand that there a majority of players that when there is a linebreak they jog back and watch the scramble defence then theres the blokes like Gibbs Hindy gallen dallas johnson who sprint back to see if they can help defend . takes alot out of there tank but i guess that doesnt make the fox sports highlight reel but a winger scores 4 trys every1 seen that . all that helping cover and scramble defence would effect his metres

@MacDougall said:
Still went missing for large parts of the game and came up with a very weak miss on Roberts. Improved but was still our worst starting player imo.

You my friend do not have a clue. Our worst player???? I guess you did not see Moltzen play. Wise up.

lol moltzen better ,

He didnt get 1 challenging kick all night they were to wingers so we didnt see his safety under high ball/ pressure
weak run returns
missed tackles that fullbacks should make
benji put him in open space he scored
Fullbacks get it easy compared to forwards

Blair plays in forwards gets challenged every set of 6 then has to run th ball not pass to winger
think he played most of game cant remember
scored try
as we said he ran lot of metres in defence/attack

looking at that yeh pretty fair to say moltzen was heaps better with those details we should have moltzen in 2nd row this week

@Blakeeeeeee said:
Farah was horrendous in the first 20 and yet I don't see anyone saying a bad word about him. He let in 2 of the first 4 tries from pathetic attempts, he's a protected species and honestly is half the player he was in origin.

Farah was ordinary wasn't he. That attempt on the bomb was one of the worst attempts I have seen.

Benji and Robbie are great players but consistency is not their forte.

Never thought Blair was really all that good, still don't think he is. He is an average player at best and nowhere near worth what we forked out for him.

@tigersrule4life said:
Cant belive u still think we paid him $500k lol

Where did I mention $500k? I have no idea what we paid for him, but I do know it wouldn't have been peanuts. My point is that even $250k would be too much. He is simply not that good.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back