Blakes Blog...

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
THE BATTLE FOR MY CENTRE SPOT
3/06/2010 11:21:53 AM
>
There is a lot of news to catch up on both on and off the field since my last blog, so straight to it!
>
I’ll start with the Heritage match against Souths at the SCG. Firstly, it was just a thrill to be a part of. The day had all the ups and down that footy has to offer.
>
I loved the history, tradition and sense of occasion that comes with the Heritage Round. The crowd rivals last year’s match with Parramatta as the biggest I’ve played in front of. Sadly though, it was a disappointing day for both the team and me.
>
We were confident going into the match but were just out played and we felt like we let our Members and fans down. I left the field with a groin injury when we were still in the game at 18-6.
>
After that I had to watch the game from the sidelines and all I wanted to do was dig myself a hole.
>
It was frustrating that I couldn’t be out there to help the boys but I knew we could bounce back in the coming weeks.
>
After the injury I suffered against Souths, I headed straight into rehabilitation the next day.
>
Let me tell you rehab is not where any Wests Tigers player wants to be!
>
Thanks to the ‘Captain of Rehabilitation’, injured winger Taniela Tuiaki, I got flogged by Rehabilitation Manager Andrew Leeds.
>
Leedsy is one of the best in the business and works tirelessly on making sure each player puts in the hard yards in rehab.
>
He is very thorough and makes sure that we don't return to the field unless we can prove out fitness. You can have a laugh with Leedsy but he also won't stand for any nonsense.
>
As for Taniela, I feel for him. He is trying so hard to get his ankle right. Like all of our Members, I am itching to see the big man back on the field and destroying opponents down the left wing.
>
Taniela's unique sense of humour has helped him get through the constant laps on the bike and the hours of rowing.
>
Once I get my groin right, I’m looking to return in round 15 when we tackle the Canberra Raiders at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, June 20.
>
I love playing at Leichhardt Oval and there is no better feeling to run out in front of a packed crowd. I hope to see as many Members there as possible.
>
I know I have an almighty battle in trying to get my centre spot back from Geoff Daniela.
>
Geoff is a great mate of mine and he has been on fire in recent weeks against Newcastle and the Warriors since taking my position.
>
It might sound weird but I was happy to see him score a hat-trick of tries. It is good to have strong competition for positions each week as it keeps you on your toes.
>
I’ll have a chat to Geoff this week about the best way to handle Bulldogs centre Josh Morris. I know Josh likes to use his speed and get on the outside of his man but Geoff is a good defender who will do the job.
>
If Coach Tim Sheens sticks with Geoff in the centres for round 15 and I am not in the squad, then I look forward to getting a run with the Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers in the NSW Cup.
>
The Tigers are the competition leaders and are playing some great, attacking footy. I look forward to linking up Arana Taumata. AJ is that quick he is like lightening.
>
Until next time, Go the Tigers!
Blake Ayshford

From the WT members section on the official site…..not a bad read bit dated....

Lots can change in a couple of weeks...

Not a bad read, Blake has a good head on his shoulders and hopefully he has a big game on Sunday. Interesting regarding his comments on Taumata, but as you say Geo, a few things have changed in the last couple of weeks.

Blake is lovely. And I was very impressed to see that he came to the after match function for Balmain after last years grand final. Great bloke.

Ayshy was at Henson last weekend to watch his mates go around in State Cup. One of the few genuines who go to support his mates and not forget where he has come from and doesn't take it for granted.

Hope the kid continues his progression,can't beleive the Roosters let a junior go,would be good to see him star and really p the Roosters off.

@851 said:
Hope the kid continues his progression,can't beleive the Roosters let a junior go,would be good to see him star and really p the Roosters off.

What I find amazing is that the Rooters had a junior. let alone one of his quality…

Back