Booing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poor dear even faced the full wrath of rampant 'systemic' oppression by being viciously inflicted with Australian of the Year, a brutal honorary doctorate from the University of Sydney, received millions of bigoted dollars, was harshly parodied in an Archibald winning portrait, and then to top it off had to live with millions of dollars and several investment properties.

I deleted it mate because I didn't want to cause controversy. As a Arab person in this country who was born in Australia the amount of racism i've experienced is disgraceful & at times has scared me. The worst I experience it is when I head out to country towns for a getaway/little break, I mean people don't even try to be subtle about it. I've been called a dirty spick, told to go back to my own country, a terrorist all sorts of things.

The worst I experienced it was back in 08 on the Gold Coast when me & my wife were walking at night getting some Ice Cream & a pack of drunk individuals came & harassed us & we were physically threatened. I obviously de-escalated the situation as I didn't want to put my wife in harms way. I said earlier that I don't care for conversations like this on the Internet but in my honest opinion I think if anyone thinks the Adam Goodes situation is anything other then racist then I think the individual is just choosing to be ignorant.

A lot has changed nowadays compared to the early 80s & 90s as it was a lot worse back then to the point where I didn't want to go to school anymore because the Aussie kids would just constantly pick on me & hurl racist abuse at me. At a time it was getting better but I think it's sort of reverting back to how it was back then due to the sudden rise of far right politics in countries such as America. By no means am I a 'Lefty' as people call it but I think people use these sorts of controversial statements & issues & hide behind Politics as sort of a shield.
I remember being in the Gold Coast in 2019 on a holiday with my family, me & my brother were walking back to where we were staying when a group of Aussies shouted at us from a car "Yeh the foreign immigrants" people here are either blind or just choosing simply to ignore.

I remember being in the Gold Coast in 2019 on a holiday with my family, me & my brother were walking back to where we were staying when a group of Aussies shouted at us from a car "Yeh the foreign immigrants" people here are either blind or just choosing simply to ignore.
Sorry that happened to you bro, it can be scary out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back