Bottom 3 battle

happy_tiger

This will sound strange but this battle between the bottom 3 to avoid the spoon could be beneficial for the Tigers

They keep battling and winning games against higher ranked sides (hopefully not us ) and keep us in contention

We will be equal 4th when we win tomorrow and two points from the top spot

Just hope we can avoid any more injuries

Its certainly been another crazy season so far

@happy tiger said:
This will sound strange but this battle between the bottom 3 to avoid the spoon could be beneficial for the Tigers

They keep battling and winning games against higher ranked sides (hopefully not us ) and keep us in contention

In other words - we have to pin our hopes on Cronulla, Canberra Gold Coast,
Its not crazy for the top teams.
Its business as usual.

Injuries - ditto

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@AmericanHistoryX said:
@happy tiger said:

Its business as usual.

Injuries - ditto

Even if we lose we are only two wins behind the top sides

Bet if you told a team like the Roosters , Manly or Souths at the start of the season they were only one or two wins ahead of the Tigers they'd be concerned

Not a bad effort for the wooden spoon favourite AHX

@happy tiger said:
@AmericanHistoryX said:
@happy tiger said:

Its business as usual.

Injuries - ditto

Even if we lose we are only two wins behind the top sides

Bet if you told a team like the Roosters , Manly or Souths at the start of the season they were only one or two wins ahead of the Tigers they'd be concerned

Not a bad effort for the wooden spoon favourite AHX

your talking wooden spoon I'm talking premiership.
Different channels Happy.

I hope your right happy or it could come down to that one dreaded word ..MATHEMATICAL !

im starting to think that since players stopped drinking beer - their bones decalcified. Hence more injuries, I can't remember these problems in 78.

Problem is, we are unlikely to beat anyone above us on the ladder - including Penrith. We are not a consistent team, and until we are are have no right to compare ourselves agains tthe big boys.

We over-achived beating the Bunnies and Manly ealrier in the season and I doubt it will last. Happy however for Moses and Austin to prove me wrong. Hit the ball up at pace boys and let the pass beat the man!

@Tigersmurf said:
Problem is, we are unlikely to beat anyone above us on the ladder - including Penrith. We are not a consistent team, and until we are are have no right to compare ourselves agains tthe big boys.

We over-achived beating the Bunnies and Manly ealrier in the season and I doubt it will last. Happy however for Moses and Austin to prove me wrong. Hit the ball up at pace boys and let the pass beat the man!

this all happened when we were injury free

For and against is our real problem. Will be the reason we miss the eight.

@blake2005 said:
For and against is our real problem. Will be the reason we miss the eight.

i thought so too, but just looking at the ladder, both the tigers (9th) and storm (8th) are -32 and parra (10) has -54, so it could well come down to the tigers and storm getting the final spot.

just need results to go their way and… win!

The tigers will not beat teams like the dogs,manly or east unless they are at full strength, and even than they would struggle. In my books today we are at very long odds and the home ground advantage is the only thing we have going for us. We have not got a team or a coach that can play the old lets throw caution to the wind style of game plan.

Anyway sadly I predict we will finish way off the eight and don't get me wrong, it's the fault of yet another high injury toll and the SSO series. At full strength and some brave selections by the coach and we could have progressed well into the finals serries

@supercoach said:
The tigers will not beat teams like the dogs,manly or east unless they are at full strength, and even than they would struggle. In my books today we are at very long odds and the home ground advantage is the only thing we have going for us. We have not got a team or a coach that can play the old lets throw caution to the wind style of game plan.

Anyway sadly I predict we will finish way off the eight and don't get me wrong, it's the fault of yet another high injury toll and the SSO series. At full strength and some brave selections by the coach and we could have progressed well into the finals serries

We've already beaten Manly SC

The key will be finding a replacement for Tedesco and getting Gavet back

Once that happens (Round 18 ) everything should be good

Potter has realized the importance of todays game and we need this game more than Penrith does

We will find a way , it probably won't be pretty but the men will do it

Have faith , we are a new breed :sign:

@happy tiger said:
@supercoach said:

We've already beaten Manly SC

The key will be finding a replacement for Tedesco and getting Gavet back

Once that happens (Round 18 ) everything should be good

Potter has realized the importance of todays game and we need this game more than Penrith does

We will find a way , it probably won't be pretty but the men will do it

Have faith , we are a new breed :sign:

Yes we beat both Manly and Souths in early season clashes, usually the good physical teams take two months to hit their stride and lets face it we have gone backwards since that time, granted injuries have not helped our cause and the clubs inability to find a quality no9 back up for Farah has hurt us once again. I would have loved us to be able to compete against the better sides at full strength, than we could have really seen if our playing and coaching rosters are up to the required standard, but we could now not win another game, but everyone has a get out of jail card based on our injury plight.

Lets hope they win against the odds today and prove me to be a negative old cynical Tigers fan with no idea

Latest posts

Members online

Back