Broncos looking to offload fowards

Captain_Awesome

Battling Broncos looking at player cleanout rating
\
\
Rugbyleaguelive.com | 05/08/09

**The Broncos have started sounding out rival clubs in a bid to offload four high-profile recruits**, as they look to radically revamp their playing roster in the wake of a dismal 2009 season.

Dragons recruits **Ashton Sims and Lagi Setu**, along with **former Tigers backrower Ben Te'o and ex-Panther Joel Clinton** are all looking to be moved on by Brisbane, despite the fact they're all contracted until the end of 2010.

With the club looking likely to miss the finals for the first time since 1991, the club is determined to give under-fire coach Ivan Henjak a chance to assemble his own playing roster.

It would appear that Clinton, Setu, Te'o and Sims - whose combined yearly salaries are estimated to be worth upwards of $800,000 - are not in the club's future plans.

And with Karmichael Hunt moving on at the end of the season, plus the imminent re-signing of Darren Lockyer on a much smaller contract for the next two seasons, Henjak is in a position to enter the player market.

"I don't think he recruited one player in that squad," Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen, who has given Henjak his full support, told News Limited.

"As far as Ivan is concerned, nothing has changed. He has our full support. At the end of the day we will look at what we have to do going forward. We'll look at our options with regard to an extension of his contract. He's contracted for '09 and '10 and he's in no danger whatsoever.

"We have a roster that Ivan has had little input into. We have to give him the opportunity to build a roster."

http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/6156/2009/08/05/Battling_Broncos_looking_at_player_cleanout.aspx

If we offer Teo money we should tie up whoever came up with the plan like a pinata at fan day and take turns with a tee ball ball

clinton and sims will be worth pursuing and they will be cheap in the first year of their contracts as brisbane will still have to pay some part of their wages, but definatly should look to sign clinton

I wouldn’t take any of them, hope no club is willing to take them, make the Broncos keep them and suffer :smiley:

isnt teo only on a one year deal?

anyway thinking about it, if they are to off load these forward who are they going to buy for next year? there arent many forwards better then the ones they are releasing on the market maybe they just need to suck it up for another 12 months

Clinton is a great prop

I would love this pack for next year with Laurie having a full off season

8\. Clinton
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Laurie
13\. Heington

Bench

14\. Payten
15\. Gibbs
16\. Skando
17\. Fulton/ Galea / Mataka / Utility

Teo is his own agent, I am sure he is already prostituting himself around town, having the Bronco's experience in his resume.

@HappyTiger said:
All i can say to Teo is "Karma".

yes it is quite amusing to see it happening.
he made a real lot of difference at Bronco's :unamused:

Offer Teo a poultry 2nd tier contract and send him to play in bundy cup every week out of spite.

I'd take Kenny if the wanted to free up some space. Clinton or Sims at the right price..

Usually if a club sounds clubs to come get some players they would be willing to pay part of there contract, I would look at Sims for the right money and also look at Setu, he hasn't been fully fit for most of the season but if he gets it right this kid is one hell of a talent.

Clinton has has some off field drama at the Broncos and the Panthers. Remember there was a big falling out between Clinton and Ross.

I would prefer Sims.

couldnt happen 2 a better person than teo , what goes around comes around :bulb:

Im sure Teo probably had a verbal agreement for 2yrs at the Bronc's.

He was being sued by his ex agent so a 1 year deal meant he had a lower liability.

always gives me a lough thinking about Corey dropping him :stuck_out_tongue:

Back