Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Nor me. But it would make the club look like idiots from here.
If the clubs end game is to move him on, they don’t care how they look to us. They have to appear that selections are fair and reasonable to the players, the employees. Hence the ambiguity in the media.

If he is about to leave our salary cap, he is definitely on at least 1.3… I heard it’s closer to 1.6-1.8 whatever the highest number we can get so it frees up so much more cap..

The club is all in on Brooks. To let him go now would be egg on the face of those at the top.
They will make him one club man just because they in head office know that's what fans like.
Chris Lawrence was busted but we persisted when no other club would have.
This will be the same.
They'd have at lest a matching pair of eggs after their backflip on Madge. They could put them upon the wall like the ducks in the 70s.

A million dollar player won't stay in KOE cup for long.
That will really make our silly board look worse.
So what will happen?
Goes to reserve grade to "find some form and come back to where? What if AD and JH are killing it in the halves?
Come back as a dummy half?
We are lacking centres due injuries so that would mean AD to play there and bring Brooks back to ⅝.
There is a chance that JH will go tits up with that leg injury so we could see Brooks back to ½ with AD at ⅝.
Let him go, that's going to be ugly mid-season
regarding $.
All of a sudden the dark clouds are getting darker.
What's the answer?
There is none. This never-ending saga is of the club's making through poor initial decisions (I don't mean just Maguire) and then backflips on those decisions. Sometimes I feel the club from top to bottom is run like the public service - everyone does there job but there's no desire to be really good at it. (Apologies to all the public servants I've just offended.)

View attachment 1543

Drums are beating, louder than ever.

Much like in the off season.

Time for the club to make a move and release this ongoing burden.
I don’t care what we say about Brooks coz has little impact but when fhead hack jobs like tate and fn drug addicts like johns start saying crap like this in the media it fn pisses me off. It undermines the club, which we can do ourselves, and not to mention the drug addicts only trying to better his own club they’re shit too. Also must effect the player, they say it doesn’t but I find that hard to believe. Anyway i could hate johns anymore more if I tried and I’ve always hated tate, the list is getting long.
Sorry for the swearing, I think I had a rant?

A million dollar player won't stay in KOE cup for long.
That will really make our silly board look worse.
So what will happen?
Goes to reserve grade to "find some form and come back to where? What if AD and JH are killing it in the halves?
Come back as a dummy half?
We are lacking centres due injuries so that would mean AD to play there and bring Brooks back to ⅝.
There is a chance that JH will go tits up with that leg injury so we could see Brooks back to ½ with AD at ⅝.
Let him go, that's going to be ugly mid-season
regarding $.
All of a sudden the dark clouds are getting darker.
What's the answer?
I agree he he won’t want to stay in ressies long. Tigers will try to put pressure on him to take a cut to play elsewhere or he’ll be in ressies.

There’s nothing to play for now so who cares if there’s a million sitting in ressies for this season. Next season is different though. Depends if Newcastle want him for this year or if dolphins desperately need a half.

Wow, i can't believe we are still wanting to let Luke Brooks go.....granted he is not playing his best footy at the moment, but please have a look at our forwards always on the back foot no platform for Luke or to be fair no other half would be looking good at this club at the moment. He is our best choice at the moment. Our coaching merry - go - round would not be helping over 5 years this coaching mess has been going on, and so what if he is getting paid overs, not he's fault that the club paid overs, i would be looking at, at least 10 other players before looking at moving him on. Still turns up every week , not like others that have either walked out or started to carry on like pork chops so they can get a release.

I agree he he won’t want to stay in ressies long. Tigers will try to put pressure on him to take a cut to play elsewhere or he’ll be in ressies.

There’s nothing to play for now so who cares if there’s a million sitting in ressies for this season. Next season is different though. Depends if Newcastle want him for this year or if dolphins desperately need a half.
I meant to say that playing in KOE does noone any good, devalues him.
If he was playing really well it would be easier to sell him imo.
Imagine the round after reps he get mom. Don't you think it would be a better sell for us and brooks?

I meant to say that playing in KOE does noone any good, devalues him.
If he was playing really well it would be easier to sell him imo.
Imagine the round after reps he get mom. Don't you think it would be a better sell for us and brooks?
If he was playing really well there would be no need to offload him.

I feel for Brooks as he has been the punch bag for a few years now , under Cleary he was playing very well so it is in him we just have a rubbish pack , no go forward and dominated in most matches I would love to see him behind a pack with
Appi , Papi , Stef , Joffa then add 2 more hard heads like Brown and Lodge and I said like Brown and Lodge it would make his and Jacko life much easier and then they could play there game add a centre and maybe we head up into the 8 , we can do this we just need to speed it up. Sign a coach and get the cheque book out. Players will come knowing who the coach is and see who we already have coming

Wow, i can't believe we are still wanting to let Luke Brooks go.....granted he is not playing his best footy at the moment, but please have a look at our forwards always on the back foot no platform for Luke or to be fair no other half would be looking good at this club at the moment. He is our best choice at the moment. Our coaching merry - go - round would not be helping over 5 years this coaching mess has been going on, and so what if he is getting paid overs, not he's fault that the club paid overs, i would be looking at, at least 10 other players before looking at moving him on. Still turns up every week , not like others that have either walked out or started to carry on like pork chops so they can get a release.
To be really honest about Luke Brooks,his real problem was he was a junior through our system...he showed great talent and potential,had a couple of legends around him,but also had a lot of club instability as well...
What Im saying,had Brooks been behind a stable solid pack for the last 5 or so years then we would of seen a different halfback to the one that has had to do his job under difficult conditions because of the instability with coaches and rosters...
Its a hard task making it into the NRL,getting everything to suit is a totally different arena...
I dare say that Lukes career has suffered because of the ineptness of this club...I often had a shot at him,but in hindsight I still think he is a great NRL level player and should find himself a team that could use him,even though many think he will be a one club player...just my opinion....

Perhaps we should look outside the club and at some recent history for perspective.

When Kearney took over the Warriors from McFadden Shaun Johnson was killing it. Kearney introduced a style of play that put the shackles on Johnson and his performance fell away. Look at him at the sharks, under a different style of play and he was almost back to his best. He is back at the Warriors, behind a pack that is not winning and he is much less an attacking weapon.

Brooks hasn't played well recently - that can't be denied. However, who knows what a different coach with a different style could unlock. Can he be a great 14 for us? Maybe, Can he be an interim 9? Possibly with a bit of work. We need to experiment and see what we can unlock before we toss him in the bin.

I'm in no rush to offload him. He's old enough to know he deserves a kick in the arse. We just need to take him aside and work out how best to utilise him for the duration of his contract.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back