Cairns Cyclone Jasper

Tiger_Fanatic3

No doubt we have been following the live updates as the terrible storm battling Cairns and the Far North Queensland Regions. Anticipating all residents/tourists are able to seek appropriate shelter, and can avoid any possible life-threatening injuries. Stay safe. 🙏🏻

Yeah not too bad.
Lots of trees down and we’ve had a heap of rain.
Flooding is the concern as it spreads things that bite everywhere.
Media pissing their pants as per usual 🤣 trying to whip up drama a bit.
It was pretty wild after 11 last night. Had a bit of a get together with my neighbours and we knocked a couple back as we watched it. Got the genies running as the power is out.
Haven’t seen too much property damage where I am, but those a bit further north probably aren’t so lucky as there are a lot of fibros in Mareeba, Cooktown, Laura, Coen etc…
Know some blokes in Boarder Force and they’ve been tracking it, they reckon Darwin may cop it worse when it reaches them.
Clean up will start later today…I’ve taken a couple of days off to help out as I’ve got an 9x6 trailer and a few chainsaws.
Should be right to go by Monday.

Yeah not too bad.
It was pretty wild after 11 last night. Had a bit of a get together with my neighbours and we knocked a couple back as we watched it. Got the genies running as the power is out.
Haven’t seen too much property damage where I am, but those a bit further north probably aren’t so lucky as there are a lot of fibros in Mareeba, Cooktown, Laura, Coen etc…
Know some blokes in Boarder Force and they’ve been tracking it, they reckon Darwin may cop it worse when it reaches them.
Clean up will start later today…I’ve taken a couple of days off to help out as I’ve got an 9x6 trailer and a few chainsaws.
Whereabouts are you Tucker?
I'm up on the Tablelands and our situation sounds like yours, a few trees down and lots of rain. Power is out right across the southern tablelands. Otherwise no real problems.

My daughter lives at Trinity Beach and pretty much as Tucker and NT Tiger have said - minor damage from winds, storm surge hasn't caused much damage as yet although that may change with a high tide at 9.30am this morning. Their power went out at 4pm yesterday and hadn't been restored by 10pm last night.

Yeah not too bad.
Glad you guys got through it all safe n sound tucker,but can you send some of that rain down taree way, really drying out here again

Whereabouts are you Tucker?
I'm up on the Tablelands and our situation sounds like yours, a few trees down and lots of rain. Power is out right across the southern tablelands. Otherwise no real problems.
Palm Cove mate.
She was a bit wooly last night but wet more than anything.
Power still out here as well.

I have a friend up there she's saying more rain the problem... Some vids she posted it didn't seem too windy
Yeah tonnes of rain. My gauge holds 8 inches and since lunch yesterday its about 3/4 full.
Its cold too. 24 here at the moment.

Rain is going beserk up here.
Still no power as roads cut off.
It’s getting a bit full on now.
Bairds has already set an Australian December rainfall record.
Have no idea where that is, assume it’s near Mosman ?

Gearing up for round 2.
Only just got the highway reopened on the weekend from Jasper. Had to go inland to get to Port Douglas. It’s been a huge pain in the arse and now Kirrily is on its way.
Port Douglas is struggling as they’ve had their freshwater cutoff.
Very few tourists about…most resorts are down to 30 odd percent. You can walk into any restaurant around town and get a table. Tour operators are very quiet.
If this cyclone hits us hard, the summer season is over.

Gearing up for round 2.
Only just got the highway reopened on the weekend from Jasper. Had to go inland to get to Port Douglas. It’s been a huge pain in the arse and now Kirrily is on its way.
Port Douglas is struggling as they’ve had their freshwater cutoff.
Very few tourists about…most resorts are down to 30 odd percent. You can walk into any restaurant around town and get a table. Tour operators are very quiet.
If this cyclone hits us hard, the summer season is over.
Feel for you all up north , don’t need this one that’s for sure , I did a road trip just after Xmas 2 years back , did Bribie island to Townsville / Magnetic Island , nobody around even spoke to a lady who has a small gift shop in Townsville , it was lunchtime when we went in to grab some souvenirs and we were her first customers that day , she had 2 customer the day before , bloody terrible and that area keeps getting a hammering , stay safe ,

Back