Can we deal with the pressure now we are in the the 8??

@turnstyle said:
as i said earlier in the year, the halves was the problem and it was rectified by moving moltzen there.
i may raise a few hackles here, but i think more relies on marshalls ability to step up now that there is real pressure on the team. it is one thing to play a blinder against the titans in the final round last year, and against the roosters first time around this year, but now is his time to prove his doubters (me included) wrong and to really step up. !

Benji has been our best player along with Ellis this season. He can't do much more - lets hope it continues.

I have a bad feeling we'll beat the Sharkies, but then go on to lose our last 3 matches, missing the finals.

Hope I'm wrong… one win would do it. Not sure where it'll come though?

Eels? Titans? Bulldogs? Dogs seem the best chance at this stage IMO.

I have a bad feeling if Sheens does not replace Gallant with a fullback option, then it could be catastrophic. Weakening the attack with Molzten being pushed out of the halves and perhaps even defence depending on where Lawrence may end up if he's not back at Left Centre. Grave concerns with the potential Collis and Morris returning for a farewell tour :angry: :unamused: Please let the fullback replacement be Hanbury.

@Gobbs said:
I have a bad feeling if Sheens does not replace Gallant with a fullback option, then it could be catastrophic. Weakening the attack with Molzten being pushed out of the halves and perhaps even defence depending on where Lawrence may end up if he's not back at Left Centre. Grave concerns with the potential Collis and Morris returning for a farewell tour :angry: :unamused: Please let the fullback replacement be Hanbury.

J Mo and Deano may just have blinders to impress Sticky….. :eek:pen_mouth:

@tiger05 said:
Benji has been our best player along with Ellis this season. He can't do much more - lets hope it continues.

told you i could raise some hackles! :smiling_imp:
benji has been pretty ordinary in a lot of games this season, with numerous bad kicks, passes dribbling over the sideline and cutouts to "the kid in the third row".

you cant judge him solely his recently improved game (achieved by greatly reducing his error rate and attempts at the highlight reel plays) and say he has been the best player over the entire season.

how many bad games did he play at half? and if he was so good, then why is he not still there? sure, you can use morris as an excuse, but it doesnt change the way marshall played.

@steven_tiger said:
I have a bad feeling we'll beat the Sharkies, but then go on to lose our last 3 matches, missing the finals.

Hope I'm wrong… one win would do it. Not sure where it'll come though?

Eels? Titans? Bulldogs? Dogs seem the best chance at this stage IMO.

given recent history, you are well justified having these feelings, and with those 3 teams to come, it does look as though missing out is a distinct possibility unfortunately. i half expected it against the roosters, but was happily disproven by a gritty win. still, i wouldnt rule out a bad game against the sharks…not that i dont want them to win, but it wouldnt be completely unexpected.

still, unlike recent seasons, if it does happen again this year, at least it will be that they lost against good teams when they needed a win and the season will have been lost with poor performances earlier on, rather than missing out when they really shouldnt have.

@turnstyle said:
@tiger05 said:

told you i could raise some hackles! :smiling_imp:
benji has been pretty ordinary in a lot of games this season, with numerous bad kicks, passes dribbling over the sideline and cutouts to "the kid in the third row".

you cant judge him solely his recently improved game (achieved by greatly reducing his error rate and attempts at the highlight reel plays) and say he has been the best player over the entire season.

how many bad games did he play at half? and if he was so good, then why is he not still there? sure, you can use morris as an excuse, but it doesnt change the way marshall played.

I understand what your saying but imo he & Ellis have been our 2 best players. If Benji continues playing like this he will be one of the top 5 players in the game and he is that level now.

His form this year has been good - one or two bad games but he has been our best attacking player by miles and his defence has been pretty solid.

if we can stay in the top 8, like sheens said a few years back, its a whole new comp after that n i am very confident that if the itgers make the top 8, they will cause plenty of teams in there a shae up. i am confident we can beat both dragons and dogs if we finish 7th or 8th.

I am confident we can beat both dragons and dogs if we finish 7th or 8th.

Lol?

@T91 said:

Lol?

So am I….

I remember quite a few people carrying on saying we wouldn't win another game this season when i started a thread on the old forum before our winning streak...

Have faith in the team you support!

@Kaiser said:
@T91 said:

Lol?

So am I….

I remember quite a few people carrying on saying we wouldn't win another game this season when i started a thread on the old forum before our winning streak...

Have faith in the team you support!

I do, that's why I'm very confident we'll beat the Sharks. There's a reason those two teams are at the top of the ladder ie. they're much better than us. I didn't say we had no chance.. but to be confident of a win, that is very funny indeed.

@tiger05 said:
I understand what your saying but imo he & Ellis have been our 2 best players. If Benji continues playing like this he will be one of the top 5 players in the game and he is that level now.

His form this year has been good - one or two bad games but he has been our best attacking player by miles and his defence has been pretty solid.

thats cool. i certainly dont deny your right to your own opinion; its just that mine is different.

as a long time accused "benji basher" i will happily admit (and have done) that this has been his best season for quite some time (and lets be honest, the fact he has been injury free has meant its his best season for ages) and i have been very very happy with his improvement in defence. i have said on a few occasions that it was never that he _couldnt_ tackle, but rather that he _wouldnt_.
he has pulled off some textbook ones this year and its been great to see (eg; a side on slam straight from the scrum - on pearce i think - was awesome!).

i just remember the season as a whole and how frustrating it was with him making the same mistakes as always (kicks out on the full, too long, straight to the fullback, cutout passes behind players, drilled through them, dribbling on the ground… shall i go on?) before he recently got a lot better in the mistakes dept....

having said that, i dont think not making mistakes makes you a great player and i see this part of his career as a transition phase to where he can find the right mix of few mistakes and great plays in the same game.

i agree - it does look like he could be heading there and that is great, but i dont think he is there yet....

as for elmo - legend.

Back