Can we...

citizen_cub

Can we happily forget the flogging to Souths?

I know it's still fresh in many people's minds, but with a solid performance last week and some great attacking prowess showed last night, is it time we just forget that horrible day at the SCG?

I'd really like to see what you guys have to say about the matter…

When we actually play a decent Footy team ..last night our 20's would of flogged the warriors ..next week is the test even though the dogs are not hot at the moment they will still be a challenge if we knock them off I think we are on our way!.No you never forget those floggings.

I agree. Every team in the comp will get flogged at least once this year. It has already happened to a number of teams - Roosters, Parra etc.

We have had ours and we have also dished it out now. Steady as she goes!

Nope, that loss cannot be forgotten, in fact it should be highlighted before every game that this is what will happen if you go out there with a poor attitude and don't support one another.

Next week will be a much tougher test against the Bulldogs and they beat the Tigers comprehensively earlier this year so the team will need to fire up for this one.

Never forget, never let the players forget.

If they get over the Dogs they have gone a long way to attoning for it though

@willow said:
Nope, that loss cannot be forgotten, in fact it should be highlighted before every game that this is what will happen if you go out there with a poor attitude and don't support one another.

Print off some articles and show them to the boys before each game, that should get them fired up :sign:

you can only play whats in front of you…. there were some really good things came out of last nights match, benji looks like he is getting back to somewhere near his best, daniella looked sharp and elusive, the forwards all had a real go, even fitzy had his best game this year. one match at a time and remember we have not played a game at leichardt yet. even though it really hurt getting flogged by the rabbitohscum all teams will get a touch up during the season. remember what happened to the cap rorting storm a couple of years in the g/f !

Listen to the way the Farah & Sheens are still referring to it in press conferences.
The team has to keep remembering it or they'll get lazy again.

& as a fan it will be a long time before I forget just how pathetic we were that day.

@citizen cub said:

I know it's still fresh in many people's minds, but with a solid performance last week and some great attacking prowess showed last night, is it time we just forget that horrible day at the SCG?

spot on citizen cub, southsscum who ????

@djm619 said:
@willow said:

Print off some articles and show them to the boys before each game, that should get them fired up :sign:

have the articles hanging up in alot of places at wests-tigers headquarters, so they can be constantly reminded.
or put up the image of a scar with stitches, and have the date and score surrounding it..
only a top 8 finish, will result in coping with the bad memory of that game. :pray:

@citizen cub said:

how stoopid would it be to forget about the floggin by soufs. we need to use that as motivation for as long as it lasts. i hope that loss haunts our players all the way to the semis.

@innsaneink said:
LOL….most balmian cant forget 1909 and you wanna forget 2 weeks ago?
Sorry dont work that way

Don't mention 1909, it still hurts. Losses against Souths are never forgotten, they're etched into the memory

@innsaneink said:
Sorry dont work that way

1976, Belmore Sports Ground, Mick Liubinskas, 7-7\. That's why I will always hate Canterbury.
And, I won't forget round 10, 2010 easily, even though I've always had a soft spot for Souths. :astonished: i beg forgiveness :pray:

@prattenpark said:
@innsaneink said:
Sorry dont work that way

1976, Belmore Sports Ground, Mick Liubinskas, 7-7\. That's why I will always hate Canterbury.
And, I won't forget round 10, 2010 easily, even though I've always had a soft spot for Souths. :astonished: i beg forgiveness :pray:

x 2….. :imp:

Whingers...... :brick:

Soft spot for Souff's are you kidding me.....bike track 1976....

The way I see it, thats the second time we have been flogged this year.The Roosters pounded us as well.

Never forgive or forget. I felt ashamed by those two efforts. We can only move forward and make up for those losses…but it should never be forgotten how we approached and played those games

I'm trying too but Can't forget…keep waking up my beautiful wife in the middle of the night , with blood cuddling screams....it starts every night with allowing the kickoff to go over the dead ball line , then Benji's kicks out on the full, the tossing and turning in bed for a slow 80 minutes , the image of disinterested players in Bumble bee jersies with the heads down will haunt be forever .....years and years of theropy, to try to cure my insanity wasted on one sad Sunday afternoon at the SCG.....sorry , but only a 2010 premeirship will let me sleep peacefully again

Im still trying to forget our 56-0 loss to the Roosters 6 years ago.
And the 66-10 loss to Parra 9 years ago.
Im not going to forget the loss to Souths in a hurry and I dont think the players will either.

Latest posts

Back