Canberra Raiders Josh Dugan arrested for neg driving

G

Canberra Raiders full-back Josh Dugan arrested for negligent driving

Canberra Raiders full-back Josh Dugan was arrested for negligent driving and driving while suspended on Sunday evening.

"Dugan and the Raiders will await the outcome of the court's decision before making any further comment on the issue," a statement from the club said.

Dugan returned from a knee injury in the Raiders 18-10 loss to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on Monday.

Dugan's injury had sidelined him for the past two matches and his performance against the Bulldogs was a last ditch effort to impress NSW selectors.

Dugan, 20, missed out on a spot in the Blues' Origin III squad.

He will face court on July 13 to answer the driving charges.

if they are consistant they will give him heaps of chances first

@alien said:
if they are consistant they will give him heaps of chances first

bronx goodwin and the other young fella involved in carneys last incident disagree…they got no second chance

Thought he looked off his game last night.. Certainly dont think that he'll be sacked for this.

Sack him for neg driving and driving while suspended? I hate reading about players stuffing up, but sacking him for that would be incredibly harsh.

Hope Dugan doesn't end up a serial dickhead like Carney, although this looks like it could just be the start of it.

You're right Ron, Steve Irwin never got a second chance… I guess that the leniency a club shows to a troublesome player is based on how valuable they are to the club...

After watching him on the Footy Show, unfortunately he looks like a bit of a bogan. Lucky he's got a solid role model like Todd Carney to see him through these times….

@Cultured Bogan said:
Hope Dugan doesn't end up a serial d*** like Carney, although this looks like it could just be the start of it.

You're right Ron, Steve Irwin never got a second chance… I guess that the leniency a club shows to a troublesome player is based on how valuable they are to the club...

i thought after the carney saga they had a zero tolerance policy there now?

anyway ive been done neg driving and the cops beat it up pretty bad…the things they said i was doing made me believe i had the potential to be a hollywood stunt driver....they do seem to target "P" platers a bit more harshly then others....and for good reason may i add.....still doesnt mean its right....

Back