CEO - Shane Richardson

It’s a good move. I don’t think we’d have got him anyway. I get where we are, but we do not need to be going after every marquee player on the market just because. There needs to be a method. And Richo is right, our pack is strong enough. Now we secure Luai and then focus on a gun centre.

He's the best qualified, most successful and experienced CEO we've ever had.

No guarantee that he'll fix us but we've never had a CEO of his stature before. Well done Tigers.

So funny listening to Lee say that he's disappointed in Pascoe going because benji needs an experienced CEO. I'd say Richo qualifies.

Last edited:
I liked how Richo went about things he instills confidence, I never warmed to Pascoe i always thought he was out of his depth and was tone deaf to situations. I will admit he did do well with the finances and getting the COE ect but ultimately its about results he had none.
As for Lee i applaud the fact he put his hard earnt in but that doesnt give him the ultimate right to dictate to all and sundry like he did. Just go back to being a fan but i doubt he'll do that he'll keep taking swipes but they will become less relevant as time goes by.

Quite a pathetic comment from Lee.

I've heard Shane speak on numerous occasions and mostly on James Grahams Roundtable thing.

He's quite opinionated and likes to be out and about. I like him but I also don't want our CEO and Chairs to be out in the media all the time.

He's got a good rapport with the media so might help anti tigers articles for a while.

Main thing though is to win, just win that's it.

I don't care if there are a million articles against us, everyone hates us, laughs at us, whatever it is just bloody win.

Tigers at this point are just a way to kill a couple of hours on the weekend for me now and winning is the only thing that can change it.
What he has is contacts around the nrl , and ways to hurt journos , even by deliberately giving thier rivals key info for scoops or delaying info to them and playing the game that way .
And they can’t really call him out on it , because he’s got too many runs on the board now .
He really strikes me as a bloke you don’t want to piss off . I can see the knives really coming out .

Tbh it sounded like he considers Luai a want but not a need, so wouldn't be surprised if we drop out of the race for his signature if the price tag increases too much
Agree with you D. I think he and Benji/ Fulton will be having a few interesting chats about recruitment. They’ve obviously already discussed Blake so maybe Luai next ?
Maybe the price tag has already increased too much !!

Richo was instrumental in signing Greg Inglis and they were over the salary cap at the time. Had to convince Beau champion to leave.on Christmas Eve. For those who still reckon the front office don’t affect the football department. South’s don’t win the 2014 GF without Inglis.

Straight on the front foot. Hard not to like what was said.

The old management will forever be viewed as villains around here, and that is understandable. But for what it's worth, they achieved a few things of note & I honestly believe they had their hearts in the right place.

People are talking about Luia etc due to Richo. I have 2 names I think become immediately underlined.

Scott Fulton- think we might see some movement there.

Wayne Bennett. That GM role might just suit..
And HH.. for any role, great utility….🥹😅😂

Anybody know who was instrumental into recruiting him?

Thinking it was perhaps a couple of the dual representation directors.

And what role did Benji and Morris's appointment have to do with landing him?

Fulton's appointment......a connection?

Because he is ideal for us.

Someone mentioned it was a Tony Crawford from an earlier connection working in the NRL offices.
Though I'm pretty sure I read it in one of the articles posted over the past few days.

I might be in the minority but I get a little nervous about leaders who constantly refer to their past successes of 20-25 years ago. He seems to understand what is required but I am getting some Sheensy vibes in that they both have a wealth of knowledge but some parts of the game may have passed him by. In saying that, I am not sure who else the could have recruited.

Jury is out for the moment.

Going by his interviews the main draw was the current restructuring we're doing right now, on the podcast with James Graham when asked if he'll work at another club he says the only way he would work at a club is if he's given the power to make the necessary decisions.

He seems to be one of those guys that love to work but is picky about what kind of situations he's willing to walk into, the 6 months is probably just to make sure the changes to our structure stick and Holman Barnes don't just do it half heartedly

It’s a great day, finally a little bit of hope. I do hope he signs Luai, his professionalism and infectious personality is what the place needs to ignite the belief in the players that they can do it. It might not happen overnight but he could be the catalyst needed to drive success from the player level.

i’d Like to see the Club’s promotional year kicked off on 23 January which would be the 115th Anniversary if I’m correct.
Not too many clubs around have that rich pedigree.
A black and gold Singlet with the numbers 115 Or a photo of Laurie just might ignite the passion the team can ride all the way to the finals.

I might be in the minority but I get a little nervous about leaders who constantly refer to their past successes of 20-25 years ago. He seems to understand what is required but I am getting some Sheensy vibes in that they both have a wealth of knowledge but some parts of the game may have passed him by. In saying that, I am not sure who else the could have recruited.

Jury is out for the moment.

Once bitten twice shy. Issue is we have been bitten more than once with the experience line.
I can see this view easily.

Just think for Richo to sign on he has total control to shape us how it’s needed which has never happened before.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back