CEO - Shane Richardson

There is still recognition of Wests as a joint venture club .. same as Balmain.
Are you saying you want more?
Maybe bring Balmain back as a reserve grade side too to make it equal?
Yeah I wouldn’t object to Balmain coming back.

I don’t want decades of blood sweat and tears of our ancestors let go.

We stand today on their mighty shoulders.

Last edited:
it would be like St Merge deciding to not play any more games at kogarah and solely at Wollongong.
Richo has done some good things he may well have got this one wrong when it comes to shifting from LO
St Merge? From a WTs fan

You seem to think its solely his decision if and when we leave LO

Richardson's comments regarding revolutionary membership for next year I found interesting. He said if you pay for a membership your a member but if you buy 2 jerseys and not a membership your not a member yet you have shelled out like $350. Wonder if in some way you prove you've purchased x amount of merchandise you recieve a minimum membership. He said they're doing something revolutionary next year so I'm very curious now.
It directly answers to the issue alot of us had with Richo saying that he only answers to paid members. By buying merch and going to the games you invest so much more than simply buying the bare minimum membership.
This is almost as bad as Pascoe including unpaid members.

This jersey/merchandise money is already spent. It's not extra revenue towards membership. At least, that's how I've understood it.

If you buy a jersey and get a membership thrown in for free, are you really a paid member?

Richardson's comments regarding revolutionary membership for next year I found interesting. He said if you pay for a membership your a member but if you buy 2 jerseys and not a membership your not a member yet you have shelled out like $350. Wonder if in some way you prove you've purchased x amount of merchandise you recieve a minimum membership. He said they're doing something revolutionary next year so I'm very curious now.
It directly answers to the issue alot of us had with Richo saying that he only answers to paid members. By buying merch and going to the games you invest so much more than simply buying the bare minimum membership.
I think that’s probably going to be a thing . It makes sense really! Plenty of people out there shelling out hundreds of dollars , because they want to represent the club they love , but can’t get to all the games / can’t justify the extra money on top for a membership .
I’m not sure how that wouldn’t inflate numbers though , which I thought the club wanted to use raw numbers

Well the idea of membership is to have an emotional dog in the fight. Paying to be part of the club, making a sacrifice to keep her up and about.

i said it before, the dog and I became members this year to acknowledge and pay tribute to HB changing things and getting us out of the rut or at least trying to. And it’s icing on the cake we are getting some good stuff from the footy players and staff. A long way to go.

If we need $20m to save LO and we have 10,000 members, I’d have to donate $2K. If it was a tax deduction, it would be a lot more attractive. Maybe we set up a charity to save her.

And try to use the asset for other purposes, such as concerts and events etc.

Last edited:
Pet memberships have to be the greatest attempt of fleecing that I have seen from clubs.

Well the former chairman said this.

Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis said, “We’ve been saying for some time that the state of the facility at Leichhardt is substandard, it’s third-world, and potentially dangerous, what we saw was the fulfilment of that potential.”​

So if anything happens, like an injury or worse, I'm pretty sure the club could be sued as they admitted it's potentially dangerous.

No one has said we don’t have public liability insurance.

If it is that dangerous, why are we still using it?

I’m curious.

Maybe many loyal fans, and I count myself in this group, could possibly think I’m wrong? But I’m not going to throw money at the club for pseudo membership. I don’t care if HBG and Richo treat me as a second class citizen, 2 wins is not a factor in any of my financial decisions. I will become a member when it means something, such as voting rights on constitutional change etc.

Maybe many loyal fans, and I count myself in this group, could possibly think I’m wrong? But I’m not going to throw money at the club for pseudo membership. I don’t care if HBG and Richo treat me as a second class citizen, 2 wins is not a factor in any of my financial decisions. I will become a member when it means something, such as voting rights on constitutional change etc.
Fair enough

This jersey/merchandise money is already spent. It's not extra revenue towards membership. At least, that's how I've understood it.

If you buy a jersey and get a membership thrown in for free, are you really a paid member?
More so than someone that gets it for buying nothing.

I can see why would think that way but this looks business growth activities.

We have no idea how the model may work but it sounded to me that he will be encouraging merchandise sales with a membership.

Maybe they run with buy 2 new jerseys or spend x amount on merchandise from our store and get a membership for $x or something like that.

It could see a double benefit especially if we start winning. They give discounts anyway for merchandise but after you join. difference here is it’s encouraging people to forward spend not reactive spend so they get more money sooner.

He knows we are coming from the bottom so to encourage merchandise and members could be a very astute play.

Last edited:

The Wests Tigers have refused to put a ceiling on success and vowed to take control of south west of Sydney as they outline their plans to bury the past and become a perennial top four club in the NRL.
The Tigers have also promised to take their fans on the journey as they determine their playing future in concert with the NRL, insisting any decision on home grounds will be made with the growth of the club in mind.

The Tigers released their strategic plan - christened ‘Roaring Ahead’ - on Wednesday afternoon, conceding the club is at a critical juncture in its history.

Much of the report is devoted to south-west Sydney and the need to pay more attention to one of the club’s heartlands. Crucially, the club is setting up an office in Campbelltown and will use former players John Skandalis and Shannon Gallant to strengthen their grip on the area.

Their stated goal is to become the No.1 pathway club in Sydney and key to that will be cultivating the south-west, an area that the club acknowledges they have neglected at times in the past.

The Wests Tigers' strategic plan.' strategic plan.

The Wests Tigers' strategic plan.

“For many years, this club hasn’t truly given the time nor consistent effort for the need to focus in on the south west corridor, to grow our opportunities,” the plan states.
“We intend to, by acting quickly, strategise this plan around the growth of the south west without affecting our inner-city roots.

“This is a critical juncture in the club’s history. We have gone through significant change as an organisation and while we know we need to do better; we need our members, fans, corporate partners, and our entire community more than ever to be part of our journey ahead.”

The plan doesn’t talk about premierships, instead opting to specifically put no ceiling on success.
The Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are among the clubs to have previously released strategic plans with premierships aspirations included.

In both cases, the club fell short and the administration was pilloried. The Tigers stated goal is to become a top four club in the NRL and NRLW.

“Never put a ceiling on what our success can be on or off the field,” the plan stars.
The Tigers also insist they are committed to developing a stadium policy in conjunction with their stakeholders and the NRL.

The club currently plays the majority of their home grounds out of Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium but there are concerns over the future of both given Leichhardt Oval is in serious need to investment and the club can make much more money playing out of a modern ground such as CommBank Stadium.

The club’s strategic plan states that the club will be transparent with their development of a stadium policy and constantly review their approach to “ensure growth occurs for the club and its stakeholders”.

It adds that the club wants to establish a working group with the NRL for future stadia policy for the club.

Sorry those targets are rubbish.

you don't go from 140 school visits to 300. Try 200.
Membership targets are reasonable, but ambitious.

The membership revenue target is NUTS> 1.9m would be a stretch.

be realistic.

The Members comment was offensive to me.

Im not currently a member, I didnt support Pascoe and his idiotic regime.

We WTForumers are about as passionate and committed as they come, (I should be working LOL)...

For your benefit and for those that missed it the first time around, this is what I wrote in this thread on 27th March:

Let me know if I have got this right because it may encouraging people to take out a non ticketed membership or even better still have the club create a new member package:

Non Ticketed Membership = $ 75.00

Full priced jersey less 10% = $144.00

Estimated Postage = $ 12.00

Total = $231.00

Less $50.00 credit = $181.00 for a non ticketed membership plus a jersey and postage.

If you were just buying a jersey it would normally cost you $172.00 with postage ($160 + $12), so in reality you are getting a non ticketed membership for $9.00.

Assuming the above figures are correct it makes pretty good sense if you are in the market for a jersey.

Can someone tell Richo to cut out all the mucking around and offer a non ticketed membership and jersey deal, cut out the postage cost which they do anyway with the core membership package, and do it for $169.00 and wait for the stampede.

This would be pure Sheenius, and the ball is in your court Richo.

Now can someone tell me what is wrong with that?

If you can currently buy a non ticketed membership, get a core membership pack or $50 credit, 10% off tickets etc.

What is wrong with bringing in what I have outlined above?

People wearing jerseys around the place is free advertising and showing pride in the club they support and if the opportunity arises they can still get to a game with discounted tickets and get to club events.

People can't always commit to ticketed memberships for many different reasons, doesn't necessarily make them less of a supporter.

Someone pointed out that currently spending the $50 credit is not available on a jersey but that can be fixed with the stroke of a pen.

The biggest problem they may have is not having enough jerseys and needing to order more and people having to wait to have their order fulfilled, hardly the biggest problem you could have.

For your benefit and for those that missed it the first time around, this is what I wrote in this thread on 27th March:

Let me know if I have got this right because it may encouraging people to take out a non ticketed membership or even better still have the club create a new member package:

Non Ticketed Membership = $ 75.00

Full priced jersey less 10% = $144.00

Estimated Postage = $ 12.00

Total = $231.00

Less $50.00 credit = $181.00 for a non ticketed membership plus a jersey and postage.

If you were just buying a jersey it would normally cost you $172.00 with postage ($160 + $12), so in reality you are getting a non ticketed membership for $9.00.

Assuming the above figures are correct it makes pretty good sense if you are in the market for a jersey.

Can someone tell Richo to cut out all the mucking around and offer a non ticketed membership and jersey deal, cut out the postage cost which they do anyway with the core membership package, and do it for $169.00 and wait for the stampede.

This would be pure Sheenius, and the ball is in your court Richo.

Now can someone tell me what is wrong with that?

If you can currently buy a non ticketed membership, get a core membership pack or $50 credit, 10% off tickets etc.

What is wrong with bringing in what I have outlined above?

People wearing jerseys around the place is free advertising and showing pride in the club they support and if the opportunity arises they can still get to a game with discounted tickets and get to club events.

People can't always commit to ticketed memberships for many different reasons, doesn't necessarily make them less of a supporter.

Someone pointed out that currently spending the $50 credit is not available on a jersey but that can be fixed with the stroke of a pen.

The biggest problem they may have is not having enough jerseys and needing to order more and people having to wait to have their order fulfilled, hardly the biggest problem you could have.
Have you really sold a membership though? Or have you sold merchandise with a cheap membership attached?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great for the fan. The more free or cheap stuff, the better.

Will that person renew their membership next year if it was free or $9 with their jersey purchase?

Do other clubs do this? I'm not sure, but if I could take every jersey sale and slap a $9 premium on it for a non-ticketed membership, I'd be confident of large membership growth too.

More so than someone that gets it for buying nothing.
Let me ask you this. Why is someone who buys a jersey entitled to more than a fan who spends loads of money at a leagues club, but doesn't want a jersey? Or prefers a training singlet?

It's just a way to inflate numbers and get a big impact quickly. You are only looking at it from a fan point of view. The fans will be happy. They will get a member number so they can talk to Richo whenever they want.

Financially, I don't think it makes any real impact on the club.

Well despite his warranty, you don’t always get through to Richo is my personal experience.

But he can’t spend all day responding!

I guess. Different era now. It sounds like he despises men who stand and drinking beer on the hill. All about families, golden toilets and good insurance.
i have seen and been in the company of woman, kids (as well as men) enjoying themselves standing on the hill. Don’t think Richo would be able the stand on uneven ground for very long. Sounds like everyone now needs a comfy chair , next to a toilet or be in a corporate box.
Everyone here seems to be missing the point?
Richo wants to grow the club and a VERY RARE max of 18,000 crowd at Leichhardt can't get there!!!!!!!
All the big crowds go to stadiums eg Penrith, Newcastle, Suncorp, Townsville, Parra. Rorters.
More bums on seats, more members, more corporate boxes, more sponsor's, bigger dollars, bigger investment at grass roots development. Better future. Clear path.
We can't live in the passed and expect to be a regular NRL force.
Have a look into the future, get the blinkers off.
Rant Over.

Well despite his warranty, you don’t always get through to Richo is my personal experience.

But he can’t spend all day responding!
I got a question for you mate. What's Pascoes favourite thing to eat when you's go out for dinner together?

Latest posts

Staff online

Back