CEO - Shane Richardson

And he fully deserves it...
Him joining us is a sliding door moment and one we will look back on and celebrate..
No, not really.

No other club is cheering or boo-ing their GM like we do.

Seriously:

Parra are INSANE and always wanting to fire Brad Arthur, even when he got the Eels a top 4 spot.
Manly under Penn are INSANE. I expect the gaps in hiring Siebold will start to show now that Flanagan is gone.
St George 'settled' on Flanagan.
Brisbane fired Bennett for Siebold.

Look Richo has been 'good' for us. He has gotten a few of the basic things right. He won't be a miracle cure for what's going on here.

What I do like is he may be able to pin what our training is lacking and with John Morris, get the Tigers fighting tough. We don't win comps from the back house stuff being right. We win when the coaching is right.

The hard part coming up is Marshall. At some stage his effectiveness with us will plateau. That decision to know when to stick buy him and when to turf a club legend is going to be a very tough call.

Surely HBG isn’t that stupid to not continue with the recommended governance changes. I know they have a new Chair in Julie Romero but HBG ‘unanimously’ agreed for the WT review recommendations to be implemented. Just say Romero backlipped, she & HBG would face the wrath of thousands of members & fans and also devastating negative publicity from the media which would significantly affect their brand & her personal profile. They aint that stupid! Just media scratching to get the WT back into the spotlight.
well said. I think with the way Richo is talking he has no other plans but to stay here for the long haul.

Cronulla's reserve grade team is Newtown and Manly's reserve grade team is Blacktown Workers. I don't think it matters too much what our NSW Cup team is called.
They are forced to use juniors out of their own areas and systems... we're not.

Reactions: BZN
Seriously they just make this stuff up to sell papers and make us read it

Yeah .. I don’t disagree that it would be a major setback and would turn out to be the wrong call,,,

But people don’t like relinquishing control of things they own to others … they also might not be happy with the change of direction that Richo has announced so far …

Im just totally speculating …hopefully it’s all just a rumour…. I mean .. Richo having a lunch with some of his ex colleagues from Souths doesn’t necessarily mean they were pitching a new job offer to him …

Still… a lot of other clubs would welcome him… I hope he signs that three year deal soon…

Yeah, Ivan just had a lunch with the panthers chair, that was a storm in a teacup 🤪

Richo is asking for big $ for a three year contract. Highest paid Director of Football in the game. A nice lunch with Souths out in the open will help his cause.

Very simple. Wests implemented this to save cash injections no other reason. Richo will deliver and be paid handsomely as he should be. We can’t attract premier administrators. I can see a 3 year plan to groom the successor by then pathways, stadium, roster should be all set. It’s all nonsense from the usual suspects. It breaks loose as soon as the club seeks to break free from its shackles.

There’s a strong media element that’s pissed a premier game like St George is at Cambo. Will expose myths that cambo doesn’t support its team. Will be surprised it’s not sold out tbh.

Richo has already said this is his last hurrah.

It fits in with his pattern of taking spooning clubs to premierships.

He’s in a no lose situation here, less pressure, we are easy with his health issues and he’s likely to be enjoying the adoration and power.

And he won’t get that at Souths.

What he’s got at South’s is a split camp, aging players, Latrell, loss of memberships coming and problems that will take years to fix.

As for the money, it’s a factor, he’s very very expensive but he’s very wealthy as it is.

So it’s a beat up. timely for him as he negotiates.

No, not really.

No other club is cheering or boo-ing their GM like we do.

Seriously:

Parra are INSANE and always wanting to fire Brad Arthur, even when he got the Eels a top 4 spot.
Manly under Penn are INSANE. I expect the gaps in hiring Siebold will start to show now that Flanagan is gone.
St George 'settled' on Flanagan.
Brisbane fired Bennett for Siebold.

Look Richo has been 'good' for us. He has gotten a few of the basic things right. He won't be a miracle cure for what's going on here.

What I do like is he may be able to pin what our training is lacking and with John Morris, get the Tigers fighting tough. We don't win comps from the back house stuff being right. We win when the coaching is right.

The hard part coming up is Marshall. At some stage his effectiveness with us will plateau. That decision to know when to stick buy him and when to turf a club legend is going to be a very tough call.
I’m not sure I agree with all of it, but this was an enigmatic and thought provoking post and I appreciated it.

When Benji plateaus, when he hits the wall with no answers, hopefully after a premiership, I’m afraid he will need to go the way of Lee of Justin.

All coaching tenures come to a sad end.

At the end of the day, it’s fans and members who are the only immortals in clubland.

We suffer for it, the dogs bark but the caravans rolls on.

Its our club, no one else’s.

Last edited:
I can always like a post even i disagree with it, because it adds value to the conversation.

But there’s no good coaching without a good front office. They go hand in hand.

Last edited:
well said. I think with the way Richo is talking he has no other plans but to stay here for the long haul.
💯agree. I feel pretty certain he will stay here to see thru what he started, and the satisfaction he will get from doing that will be enormous.
Also, I reckon Richo staying here will be a big attractant for Wayne Bennett to come here as well.
Just imagine, 2 quality people working together to succeed in getting Wests Tigers to be a top 4 club, then happily retiring together and being able to look back with great satisfaction on the amazing turnaround they achieved for our club.
I reckon we'll be the top and best run club in greater Sydney by the time they have finished our tune-up.
Wests Tigers will be the destination club we all want it to be, knocking the Roosters out of that long held position.
Stay tuned folks, for an amazing and exciting ride to the top over the next few years.

All levels should be branded Wests Tigers. I’ve always followed he Magpies but it’s 25 years now since the merger. Kids that are in pathways and future players never knew the magpies or Balmain tigers.

Hopefully Wests let it all happen Balmain and Magpies is the past the club needs to embrace the south west it’s where the growth and juniors will come from for a long time.
Agree. Obviously let’s not give up on the Balmain area though, I like the idea of having the biggest area of juniors to draw on. 25years is nearly half my lifetime soon I will have supported Tigers longer than Magpies.

💯agree. I feel pretty certain he will stay here to see thru what he started, and the satisfaction he will get from doing that will be enormous.
Also, I reckon Richo staying here will be a big attractant for Wayne Bennett to come here as well.
Just imagine, 2 quality people working together to succeed in getting Wests Tigers to be a top 4 club, then happily retiring together and being able to look back with great satisfaction on the amazing turnaround they achieved for our club.
I reckon we'll be the top and best run club in greater Sydney by the time they have finished our tune-up.
Wests Tigers will be the destination club we all want it to be, knocking the Roosters out of that long held position.
Stay tuned folks, for an amazing and exciting ride to the top over the next few years.
Absolutely.

Even if Richo goes or has the health issues, the blueprint is there.

He talks a lot about the untapped potential and establishing an indelible footprint in the South West.

I’ve heard the arguments about immigrants not wanting to play footy, but the longer term, their kids will grow up with the game etc.

The corporates are the ones with money and we want a crack at their resources.

If the business model is right, we will eventually have the cash to fix up LO and make it viable again along with many other opportunities. We can offer more with memberships than the base model now.

But as I’ve said, I’m not buying a jersey, my membership is a nod to HB for taking the board out and massacring them.

It’s for pulling down the statues of Lee (and his show off ferari), liberating us from the clutches of cronyism, nepotism and telling the coach his wife needs to visit centrelink.

• Love
Speaking of which, Souths should do a meet the boss show. Keep Latrell busy interviewing Mal.

• Haha

Latest posts

Members online

Back