CEO - Shane Richardson

No preference from me to either club.

When you are called to support the Wests Tigers following merger, you can’t really choose between the two kids! I cant anyway.

Respect and honour to both in equal shares. Not a hairs breadth between our revered ancestry.

We are lucky to have each other.

I disagree that LO is a 'heartland.'

It's mostly a boutique, inner west, hipster thing now. Its like beers at Marrickville bowling club. I know because I cannot resist going LO games if I'm in Sydney. It's cool, its an anachronism, its irresistible if the team are playing well. Its even pretty good if we lose. I would take the atmosphere and memories of regular games in September and the odd one in October any day of the week over demountable dunnies and some beers on Norton Street 3 times a year.

I grew up in Campbelltown as a Magpies fan but ALL of my family were Balmain fans growing up. So I'm kind of in a minority of one that actually liked and was stoked about the merger as it solved a lot of problems for me. But the merger was SO LONG AGO. And LO is all about it past. I was a bit a bit sad in a sense to see the hill named after Wayne Pearce, as doing so really felt to me like it ignored 20 years of subsequent history, (and a Premiership!). That for me was very symbolic of LO being a tribute show to the past and a different club from a different era rather than something in the PRESENT to believe in and get excited about.

I'm about as Campbelltown as you can get. I have a lot of westie bonafides. I also got out of Campbelltown and established myself at first in the Inner West, and now I live in Berlin.

I have to say, if you're talking about working class, actual rugby league heartland, its 100% Campbelltown. It's not as ironically brilliant as LO, I fully get that. But its authentic AF. AND, its in Leumeah, its a bloody suburban ground with some standing areas behind both goal posts.
Tigers.......I reckon it would be really interesting if you started a thread about 'living in Berlin'.
Anyone else interested?

the real spiritual home for Magpies is Lidcombe
Magpies only moved to campbletown in 1987
LO has been a ground since 1934
So, does that mean someone who gets married in 1934 loves their partner more than if you only got married in 1987.
Ever heard of :love: at first sight?

I guess it is Lidcombe., but Wests have been at Cambo longer than they were at Lidcombe
But Lidcombe is my era and we had some good teams those days
But yes Balamins history is much more entrenched with deeper roots
Wests had a few grounds at Ashfield. And concord for the first few years, then Pratten,. Lidcombe, cambo
Hard to establish roots

I have no connection to Cambo ...not too fussed over it and it's always been a long way from where I've lived, but I've followed Wests till 99
In the scheme of things, does "how entrenched with deeper roots" and the history of each team have any bearing on where WTs should play?
I personally don't think so as it's in the past, it's now part of WT's history.
We must play at whatever ground is best for our immediate and future history, still being made.
I believe Richo will make the 💯 correct decision, whatever it is.

Last edited:
In the scheme of things, does "how entrenched with deeper roots" and the history each team have any bearing on where WT's should play?
We must play at whatever ground is best for our immediate and future history, still being made.
so you would be happy with 100% Accor ?

I'll be happy with whatever Richo decides Jedi.
But I have said on here many times since 2019 which really pissed Cochise off, that WT's should be centered in Campbelltown.
And whatever ground we call home won't affect me at all as I have lived approx. 400 klms from Sydney since 1992 and will probably never go to another game, except for when WT's play in Newcastle, maybe.

No preference from me to either club.

When you are called to support the Wests Tigers following merger, you can’t really choose between the two kids! I cant anyway.

Respect and honour to both in equal shares. Not a hairs breadth between our revered ancestry.

We are lucky to have each other.
Well said.

Even less with the discount, probably saving $18 and the membership costs you what , $7.
Worthwhile to mention. As I am part way through recouping my member items. That a Jersey is not on the list of items. All items are under $50 with the most expensive being an over the shoulder bag.

What is the Pascoe update?

I thought he could stay on in a junior role.

Help start up Cambo branch, get that crackin’

He got the white elephant done.
The Pascoe update is he remains unemployed - and for good reason...

Bringing a failed CEO back in a "junior role" would just be a jobs for the boys scenario with zero merit!

It won't happen!

1711602476643.png1711602611892.png

The Pascoe update is he remains unemployed - and for good reason...

Bringing a failed CEO back in a "junior role" would just be a jobs for the boys scenario with zero merit!

It won't happen!

View attachment 11119View attachment 11120

Welcome back... I thought you only post in the
witching hours under a candlelight haha my guy

In the scheme of things, does "how entrenched with deeper roots" and the history of each team have any bearing on where WTs should play?
It doesn't have any bearing on the future at all... But as this is a very emotional thread and paoples memories are releyed... Thread goes off track from the future to the past... Just joining in the convo

• Love
Reactions: BZN
We got Zurich Centre, he did alright. The slander on
him is typical though..I suppose the lack of success
has something 2 do with it but I'm not cross-eyed
Securing funding for a SOTA training facility is only a small part of his portfolio though.

His primary KPAs are fiscal solvency and on field success.

Back