Chris Lawrence

Tiger_heart

do people think he is a better player this year than in previous years? To my mind, he seems to always be one step away from greatness, the expectations I had of him as one of the great centres are being replaced by " a solid first grader"… Is he doing more of the defensive work these days?

He does make a lot of important one on one tackles. His defense has improved markedly.

In attack he sometimes seems to play more of a wide running second rower hit it up type of game rather than a hole running center's game. Seems to have a good combo going with Heigno as well at the moment.

I'm not worried about Lawry at all…he goes well.

Sheens has turned him into a defensive centre..effectively a young Matt Cooper.
His positioning supporting the ball carrier is totally one dimensional
A career unfulfilled the way he is tracking

He hasn't kicked on as much but his defence is now good. He took a bomb today. His passing game to set up Lote is good.

I think he has improved and just needs a little work on his hands when it comes to taking some hard passes.

He will always be a better than average first grader. I think he could be a good origin player.

Throw him in Origin and he will eventually be seen as a great player.

Whilst he keeps getting ignored, there will always be a perception of being just a bit above average.

@Jazza said:

Whilst he keeps getting ignored, there will always be a perception of being just a bit above average.

Murdering at least two tries today wont get him into origin…ditto Lote .

Given all Lote has ever done with ball in the hand is run sideways, I'm not surprised.

He is a freak. He can turn score a try or be an assist man for his winger (This year Lote and last year Taniela)

The kid is 21 and a class act. I can't believe people on here would bag him. Unbelievable

@senexx said:
Given all Lote has ever done with ball in the hand is run sideways, I'm not surprised.

What tripe. Lote's stats suggest he has run forward a few times this year.

BTW apart from one less than great game, Lawrence has been very good all year. Best centre in the game, although he needs to get a few of the handling errors out of his game.

@Alf Duguid said:
He is a freak. He can turn score a try or be an assist man for his winger (This year Lote and last year Taniela)

The kid is 21 and a class act. I can't believe people on here would bag him. Unbelievable

No-one is "bagging" him Alf..the kids a terrific talent who simply isnt playing to his potential,in all probability because his coach is an ex prop & assistant coach an ex hooker.
He needs some guidance in positional play which he simply isnt getting

@clontarfkid said:
@Alf Duguid said:

No-one is "bagging" him Alf..the kids a terrific talent who simply isnt playing to his potential,in all probability because his coach is an ex prop & assistant coach an ex hooker.

Absolutely spot on! Thank you.

hes a winger or fullback…he shouldnt have been put in the centres..having said that he should make NSW for sure now that lyon is definatly out of origin 3....

@southerntiger said:
@senexx said:

What tripe. Lote's stats suggest he has run forward a few times this year.

BTW apart from one less than great game, Lawrence has been very good all year. Best centre in the game, although he needs to get a few of the handling errors out of his game.

Agree, 182 metres in attack today to lead the way again. And those metres don't include running sideways.

@clontarfkid said:
@Alf Duguid said:

Potential isn't unlocked overnight though, and watch the way the Tigers play out wide, on many occasions this season the centres have not received great quality ball, not as much as they should.

@clontarfkid said:
@Alf Duguid said:

Okay now I see, this is really another bag Sheens thread hmm. Geez looking back at Sheens history as a coach I can only but agree that he has only ever developed props. His backline in the 80's and 90s (pretty much all developed by him) was rubbish.

@clontarfkid said:
@Jazza said:

Murdering at least two tries today wont get him into origin…ditto Lote .

You're a positive chappy, ain't ya?

Have we ever done anything right, champ? :unamused:

@ron burgandy said:
hes a winger or fullback…he shouldnt have been put in the centres..having said that he should make NSW for sure now that lyon is definatly out of origin 3....

I think Taniela Tuiaki would disagree. Lawrence served up half of his tries last year on a platter.

Back