Coastal Destinations

Not sure if it was just the area, but I used to spend a bit of time in Wollongong for work and around the train station it was chock full of junkies in the middle of the day. It can be true that a place is both beautiful, yet full of misfits. It generally felt unsafe, but I accept its individual as to the standards we accept.
Yeah that’s not the best part of town that’s for sure. Full of meth heads with a methadone clinic not far away also.

Bonny is a good spot. The surf club is a good spot for a nibble and drinks.
Great beach. Excellent for the novice surfer and middle rock at lake cathie for the more experienced. Bonny Hills tavern is one of my local hangouts. Usually have a band on Friday nights.

Reactions: 851
I’m

The traffic through there is a nightmare . Especially on the weekend . Whilst it is beautiful , it’s pretty elitist and full of expats from Sydney / England . It’s basically Bondi lite .
Disagree completely about Shellharbour .
It needed some elitism. I was born at Coledale and it was a fairly remote destination then. Austinmer and Thirroul have always been beautiful and the cafe culture in Thirroul is great. The place is so beautiful so I've never had to go south. I've never had much time for Shellharbour.

I'm just down the road at lake cathie.
I have a few mates from where I live who have bought there. One couple have built and moved in already, they keep asking when am I coming to live.
Lake Cathie has so many new housing estates now, infrastructure will increase for sure.
Bonny Hills is still undeveloped, and I hope it stays that way.
I have a good mate who lives on the border of Kew and Camden Haven, which is not far away at all

Was always a big fan of the south coast and was my destination of choice when the kids were young for family holidays. Now I tend to head north to Hawkes Nest. Great for the grandkids and the weathers is ore reliable than the South coast.

Hawkes Nest is also still pretty much a sleepy coastal town and has not been destroyed by the devlelopers ..yet. Great golf course

Was always a big fan of the south coast and was my destination of choice when the kids were young for family holidays. Now I tend to head north to Hawkes Nest. Great for the grandkids and the weathers is ore reliable than the South coast.

Hawkes Nest is also still pretty much a sleepy coastal town and has not been destroyed by the devlelopers ..yet. Great golf course
Tea Gardens was our holiday place when growing up we spent about 5 years running there about 45 years ago , it was a sleepy little place their back in those days , fishing , infront of the pub and hot chips for lunch from the shop that was a few yards down to the right , Jimmies beach for some waves , haven’t been there for over 25 years

Diggers Tavern has been pretty depressing the last couple of Saturday arvos, it may be hot here in summer but the winter days are magic. Good to hear another Tiger lives here in Bello
I’m more of a federal man myself you will probably spot me up on the dance floor I’m the bold bloke with a moustache haha

Any love for the West Coast?
Parts of it leave the East for dead IMO

I have a few mates from where I live who have bought there. One couple have built and moved in already, they keep asking when am I coming to live.
Lake Cathie has so many new housing estates now, infrastructure will increase for sure.
Bonny Hills is still undeveloped, and I hope it stays that way.
I have a good mate who lives on the border of Kew and Camden Haven, which is not far away at all
Developers have ruined lake cathie. Was a lovely coastal village when I moved there. Now it's just new estates and over 50s resort housing. Luckily I bought across the road from the ocean so I am away from most of the development.

Members online

Back