Comments on the season gone

Tiger_heart

Robbie Farah said prior to the Parra game (I think) that not to make the 8 this year, would be considered a failure. I wonder what he would be thinking now. In fact, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and hear what was said at the end of the Titans game. We'll never know. What we do know, is that in 2010 we are going to have a whole bunch of Sheens/Simmons coached kids that are going to be playing not too much differently from what we have seen to date. After all, the Tigers are the team everybody loves to watch. Pity they don't make the finals, though. And whilst the coaching staff will point to injuries, and "too much dropped ball" , the media will continue to close rank and argue that "the coach's record speaks for itself". That is, up to 2005\. Because after that, a CV like that will not even get you a junior league gig. But I forget that we don't even have the money to buy quality players. Benji and Robbie must be living like kings on their wages, else where is all the money going?
Time to put away the flag, to lower the colors - I could say there is always next year, but why, oh why does it look like a re-run of a bad movie I have seen before? :unamused:

@mattc78 said:
8th out of 16 to make the finals is it really that hard!!!!

At best it isn't as easy as some would believe.

I understand disappointment but the comments coming from so called supporters are just out of here.

@mikey said:
@mattc78 said:

I understand disappointment but the comments coming from so called supporters are just out of here.

Its not easy?

No…not for us it seems.
But really all you need to do is win 50% of your games, and considering if you do that you finish 8th, and half the comp finish with a worse record below you, are a poorer team than the one finishing 8th on 50/50...then how is it so difficult, pray tell?

@innsaneink said:
@mikey said:
@mattc78 said:

Its not easy?

No…not for us it seems.
But really all you need to do is win 50% of your games, and considering if you do that you finish 8th, and half the comp finish with a worse record below you, are a poorer team than the one finishing 8th on 50/50...then how is it so difficult, pray tell?

I reverse the question and ask how is is it so easy Guru? The way you comment on everyone's posts would lead most to believe that you have coached all the last 50 grand final winning teams.. so lead on McDuff. Allah, please lead this camel to the watering hole with thy devout and wholesome comments.

I am disappointed like many. Unlike many, however, I am not blaming one or all for anything - it's a team effort and so far the team effort hasn't been enough for us to get to the semis since 05.

If we have a positive differential at the end of the season and do not make the 8, which looks unlikely and a team with a lower or negative differential make the 8, there is something suspicious going on.

@mikey said:
@innsaneink said:
@mikey said:

Its not easy?

No…not for us it seems.

I reverse the question and ask how is is it so easy Guru? The way you comment on everyone's posts would lead most to believe that you have coached all the last 50 grand final winning teams.. so lead on McDuff. Allah, please lead this camel to the watering hole with thy devout and wholesome comments.

I am disappointed like many. Unlike many, however, I am not blaming one or all for anything - it's a team effort and so far the team effort hasn't been enough for us to get to the semis since 05.

Answer a question with a question = cop out.

@senex said:
If we have a positive differential at the end of the season and do not make the 8, which looks unlikely and a team with a lower or negative differential make the 8, there is something suspicious going on.

We don't have an organiser or an on-field leader, if we did we would have been safe before the parra game.

Simple answer we are a poor team. Bar 8 weeks of every season we are useless

Ooh, you are such an inquisitor it makes me squirm!
As my 16 and 14 year-old daughters have said to me, seriously gay and totally gay response :laughing: .

@senex said:
@stryker said:
We don't have an organiser or an on-field leader, if we did we would have been safe before the parra game.

What's Farah?

I accept that for a majority of the year he is but in crunch games he doesn't fully step up to the plate in this area - he panics. We need someone to direct the team and the troops other than him or Benji so that they may play their natural games and slay opposition defences.

@stryker said:
@senex said:
@stryker said:
What's Farah?

I accept that for a majority of the year he is but in crunch games he doesn't fully step up to the plate in this area - he panics. We need someone to direct the team and the troops other than him or Benji so that they may play their natural games and slay opposition defences.

Moltzen for sure, but he has to be at half back.

Back