Cricket Season Thread

@tig_prmz said:
i've said this about shane watson for a long time, i absolutely hate everything about that guy except his batting, bowling and cricket smarts. i still stick by that.

but kohli man.. there is only one person at this moment that i rate ahead of him in the 15 years of cricket that i've seen and that is ricky ponting. no one else comes close to these 2.

kohli has a chance to surpass him and i reckon he will. an absolute beast.

australia dug their own grave with the 'experimentation'. dont think they're still taking t20 seriously.

Australia still values Test and ODI cricket over T20, and I'm OK with that. T20 at an international level is really a joke. Don't mind if it's kept as a mercenary circuit run in individual national competitions but it's a nothing format as an international concept. We're lucky to play half a dozen international T20 matches a year (unless we sneak off through the winter and play a whole bunch I don't know about?)

Kohli is a very talented guy. Still reckon Dravid is the best Indian Test bat and Tendulkar the best Indian ODI bat that I've seen so he's got a few in front of him.

Dravid, Tendulkar, Kallis, Ponting, ABDV, Amla & Sanga are all in front of him still IMO and that's just off the top of my head.

Australia don't take T20 seriously.
Our focus is Test Cricket and defending our world championship in limited overs cricket.

T20 is seen as the focus of state cricket through the big bash.

@stryker said:
Australia don't take T20 seriously.
Our focus is Test Cricket and defending our world championship in limited overs cricket.

T20 is seen as the focus of state cricket through the big bash.

Which I don't think is all that healthy either, as preference is given to the BBL over Sheffield Shield. Granted it's a money spinner for CA, it shouldn't be to the detriment of our First Class development of players though if international T20 isn't a primary focus of CA.

@Yossarian said:
Surely there's a better death bowler than Tye?

He has been the stand out in BBL for the last 2 seasons and was very good in game 2.

IN 20/20 cricket the bowlers are all going to cop some stick at some point, particularly in the last few overs.

I think the key selection error was not picking a keeper. Bancroft was solid in the BBL at best, but it was always a risk, could have easily went with any of paine, Dunk or ludeman who are long term keepers that have done the job in 20/20 with the bat. Any of them would have taken that stumping almost every time.

I don't care how good a death bowler you are , some days you will get tonked

Bruce Reid was another , but can remember Allan Lamb tonking him for three sixes in a final over victory at the WACA back in the mid 80's

He bowled 7 balls, no yorkers most of it on the pads. It was a bad over. I hope I'm wrong but it just wasn't good enough and he needs to work in his variation.

It was a terrible over from a reliable death bowler. He'll learn from that. The bloke is worth persisting with.

Maxwell had another shocking series and should come under serious scrutiny as to whether he keeps his spot.

I agree with Goose's post re the keeper. Very strange selection which made little sense.

Tait was awful as well.

Bad signs for the WC.

Matt Wade is awful, period. He has gradually become worse with the gloves and the bat. He would have been more use to us bowling. I'd take Bancroft, Dunk, Carters, Ludeman or Paine in from of him. I'd even take Nevill and he is not a T20 bat.

Maxwell is an enigma, he goes out and hits that 90 odd in the ODI and you think "maybe he is maturing and turning the corner," and then he resumes normal service. That stumping he copped in game two was a howler.

OMG, watched the Kiwi innings and then went out to the shops and get back and find we are 6 down for farq all. If Marsh doesn't bring Uzi in for Marsh then he needs to be declared and committed.

We sucked the pineapple today that's for sure….

What a difference Starc Johnson and Pattison made...

showed how weak the middle order is

bailey, maxwell, marsh and wade have played maybe one or two good one day innings in the last year. heavily reliant on the top order.

dont think uzzi is the answer either, he should definitely be in the team and the selectors are wrong for not picking him but they are even more wrong with not picking a consistent bowling and batting line up.

when was the last time the australian bowling attack didn't leak 300 runs in an ODI?

Kiwis are going along at a run a minute

Australia getting a wicket every 12 minutes

Drinks session 1 NZ 5-51

Latest posts

Staff online

Back