Cricket Season Thread

First morning 4th test India England
England win toss bat
India resting Bumrah their best bowler and Kohl their best batter still absent ?
However a new fast bowler Akhash Deep makes his debut and 6overs 3-20
He clean bowled Zac Crawley twice the first one off a no ball when he was 3 and then bowled him on 42. The no-ball was only just ! That extra 39 is majority of their runs at 3-57
Seems they can unearth talent but a fair size pool to find them

England having their bottoms paddled very hard in India 5 for 112 against a weakened India,for some of them it must reminding them of their schooldays and giving them fond memories

England having their bottoms paddled very hard in India 5 for 112 against a weakened India,for some of them it must reminding them of their schooldays and giving them fond memories
Kamikaze squad whacking it around at 4+ an over but losing 5 wickets.

Kiwis imploding in second T20. Dud leading a Pom fightback.
Dud. Nice. 👌
I’ve been calling him shite without the e for a while, or 69er, he has 66 on his shirt.
He’s had a better career than I thought he would, Davey bopped him one when they were both still children. Still the best thing Dave’s done off the field.

What a crazy T20 I last night .Head started like we were going for 300 . Smith in for Davey playing crazy shots like a ramp over fine leg to a ball 4 ft outside off ?
Then came the collapse but we got to 174 thanks to Capt Pat ( not capt this time )
Still 174 very light on with these short boundaries
Then came our bowling Hazo great and NZ could only get 102 !
A huge win bookies would have given 10/1 at halfway point
I think we might be favourites for the upcoming WC

England started day 1 with Bazball going at 5 runs per over but lost 5 for not many
2nd half of day reverted to 3 runs per over or less and won the day in the end .
Verdict bazball failed then normal cricket succeeded

England started day 1 with Bazball going at 5 runs per over but lost 5 for not many
2nd half of day reverted to 3 runs per over or less and won the day in the end .
Verdict bazball failed then normal cricket succeeded
Dud’s third slowest ton and slowest of any batsman during Bazball. 🤷‍♂️ Bazball is just their excuse for being shite at cricket.
Did ya see the stokes LBW. Cracker of a ball if not with a little help from the pitch, but you still gotta put em in the right spot.

What a crazy T20 I last night .Head started like we were going for 300 . Smith in for Davey playing crazy shots like a ramp over fine leg to a ball 4 ft outside off ?
Then came the collapse but we got to 174 thanks to Capt Pat ( not capt this time )
Still 174 very light on with these short boundaries
Then came our bowling Hazo great and NZ could only get 102 !
A huge win bookies would have given 10/1 at halfway point
I think we might be favourites for the upcoming WC
We are not Favs. Curries, Poms, then us.

3rd dead rubber multiple rain interruptions we are ok at 4-118 off 10.4 overs
Result a bit meaningless .All that really matters is giving the paying crowd a bit of entertainment . Already 15 over game maybe even less
Only thing to come out of it is Steve Smith has batted twice as opener and failed twice
Head a bit scratchy but he and Warner and Marsh and Maxwell and David are a lock for the world cup

NZ get the big advantage .Rain stops our innings at 118
NZ need 126 off 10 overs with 10 wickets
However our bowling magnificent Starc ,Johnson ,Ellis and Zampa
We win by 27 runs and look a very professional outfit win series 3-0
Now just 2 tests left then the boys go and spend a couple of months earning some really big bucks in the IPL .

Poms very bad last session day 3 of 4th test. They lost 5-25 to be all out 145 leaving India only 192 to win and go 3-1 up in 5 test series . India 0-40 at stumps needing just 152 more
In fact England were 3-110 and then lost 7-35 batting at 2.7 runs per over
That's not BAZBALL that's BADBALL

Nearly going to lose my lunch watching day 4 England vs India
English commentator has said at least 25 times today that Stokes is the most outstanding captain .In the prior days he said it dozens more times
India need 74 more runs England 7 wickets
Indias problem is the number of 1st choice stars missing is incredible eg Kohli Bumrah Shami Iyer K LRahul Pant ,

English commentator has said at least 25 times today that Stokes is the most outstanding captain .In the prior days he said it dozens more times
Indias problem is the number of 1st choice stars missing is incredible eg Kohli Bumrah Shami Iyer K LRahul Pant ,
Yeah I don’t get the bloviating of the pommy commentator.
A 3-1 loss is a spanking in any test series.
Against a severely weakened team….well that’s embarrassing really.

Poms can’t see the truth through all of their self importance BS.

Yeah I don’t get the bloviating of the pommy commentator.
A 3-1 loss is a spanking in any test series.
Against a severely weakened team….well that’s embarrassing really.
Yes tour 1st Test England win 28 runs ( KL Rahul injured)
2nd Test India win 106 runs
3rd Test India win 434 runs
4th Test India win 5 wickets
That's 512 more runs for 5 less wickets doesn't look close to me unlike their commentator Nick Knight described the series
Does anyone really know why Kohli missing series " for personal reasons "
Makes me wonder losing the World Cup final back in Nov to Australia might have left a few scars on some

Back