Croc attacks

Can't exterminate them... They were here long before us... Just don't go where they are, I know it ain't always that simple but we live in a dangerous country.... We were in a park in the middle of Sydney only 2 days ago and I noticed a red belly coming straight towards us

Condolences to you and your mates family tuck

Can't exterminate them... They were here long before us... Just don't go where they are, I know it ain't always that simple but we live in a dangerous country.... We were in a park in the middle of Sydney only 2 days ago and I noticed a red belly coming straight towards us

Yeh, extermination is never the go.
Dangerous world out there.

Crocs have proliferated further because of the impact of cane toads - that wipe out smaller predators like goannas etc who raid croc nests and naturally keep down the population rate. It is also beeing seen in the NT since the toads crossed the border 25 years ago.

Crocs have proliferated further because of the impact of cane toads - that wipe out smaller predators like goannas etc who raid croc nests and naturally keep down the population rate. It is also beeing seen in the NT since the toads crossed the border 25 years ago.
There is so many of these pests up here it’s not funny.
I call them that as they truly are. Very much in the same vein as wild dogs and pigs.
It’s estimated that in the Proserpine River, there are over 7 per kilometre. That is bad enough but the Mary River in the NT has reportedly got roughly double that. 15/km. 15 of these gluttonous disasters per every kilometre of river!
I know farmers who haven’t gone near the river edges in over 2 decades because they have seen crocs drag fully grown bulls into the water. They have seen animals over 6 meters long and as thick as a tinny sunning themselves. You can only imagine what’s in the waters these days in some really remote areas.

Cheers Ink. He was a good man, tough bastard but loyal and hard working.
He knew the area well. Knew the risks, knew where they generally liked to be. He was careful.
Just shit dumb luck that he crossed paths with a rogue.
Hell of a way to go….

all the power 2 U Tucker,share any good recipes on them apart from a hot 1/2 ounce of lead n a mixed bowl of fruit cake greenie salad

Dangerous animals hey
I wouldn't wanna cross one

Sorry to hear about friend mate
Terrible news

Is there any solution to prevent these?
Other than the obvious one; extermination.
Cheers Demps.
Nothing can be done man, we could kill 10 thousand of them and there’d still be man eaters taking people out. They are wired differently, a bit like Grizzlies…just 100% savage, brutal killing machines.

Kevvy knew the area, knew the river. There’s no way he was standing on the waters edge. I’ve heard whispers that he was ambushed from behind. Sometimes they get out of the water and climb up the bank…when they come at you like this, you’ve got nowhere to go…

all the power 2 U Tucker,share any good recipes on them apart from a hot 1/2 ounce of lead n a mixed bowl of fruit cake greenie salad
Thanks Merlot.
Yeah wild ones aren’t that great. Having said that, I’ve been to some black fella cookups and they do some pretty good things with them.

Sorry to keep posting about this, but I’d like to share the rangers killed two crocs today and I’ve been told they had human remains within.
They have to confirm it, but you’d guess that’s poor old Kev.

Here’s a nice write up on my friend…

RIP Stumpy. 😔

Sorry to keep posting about this, but I’d like to share the rangers killed two crocs today and I’ve been told they had human remains within.

RIP Stumpy. 😔
that’s rough as man sorry for your loss mate

Last edited:
Firstly, sorry about the loss mate.

As someone who lives up north majority of my life, it’s just a known fact to stay away from the water when you’re out of town or when it’s been raining.

Exterminating them won’t do anything, but people should be more aware instead of thinking they can do whatever they want.

Countless times I see backpackers jumping into the water and I’m surprised they aren’t taken.

Plenty of signs even in remote locations, people just think they’re immortal.

RIP Stumpy. 😔
Sorry for your loss; condolences to you, his friends and family.

Lived in the Territory in the early 2000s; hard to land a Barra without having it chomped on when you landed it. They are prolific up there and no idea where they end up after the rains. Always dreaded putting the boat in if someone wasn't already about.

Also did a bridge repair up at Babinda; only time ever as a diver I was counting every minute until my job was done and someone else was in the water. Had to trust the number 2 on the bridge with a .308 for protection.

RIP Stumpy. 😔
Please don't apologise.
Thanks for sharing an update during such an emotional time.

Sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you and his family & loved ones. Sending hugs and prayers🤗🙏

Staff online

Back