Daine Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so u know…
Daine told me he hates the tigers and all the players except Keith Galloway.

Daine could not stay off the drink, even for a 6 figure contract. Some people just can't help themselves.
I grew up with someone that was possibly the most talented footballer you would see. Was better than others from the same junior club that went on to have successful NRL and rep careers.
He liked his drugs, but was signed by a NRL club that put his behaviour down to associating with the wrong people.
He didn't last, could not beat his demons even when the supposed problem was taken away

@ said:
Daine could not stay off the drink, even for a 6 figure contract. Some people just can't help themselves.
I grew up with someone that was possibly the most talented footballer you would see. Was better than others from the same junior club that went on to have successful NRL and rep careers.
He liked his drugs, but was signed by a NRL club that put his behaviour down to associating with the wrong people.
He didn't last, could not beat his demons even when the supposed problem was taken away

I think the NRL needs to target people like these and intervene early. Perhaps ship them to Melbourne or Brisbane where they have the coaching staff to sort them out. … I hated how Dugan and Carney could F up Canberra and just transfer. They should be forced into a program and the club should be rewarded for doing the right thing. I will get that a transfer is sometimes needed but seriously...

Unfortunately another man who has so many issues with life.Unlike many in his situation he had the opportunity to turn it around but for whatever reason didnt.
A sad result

He'd be great for the opening 10 mins of a game in origin

He'd be great for the opening 10 mins of a game in origin

He was outright scary at his peak. His first few games had me wishing he was in the Blues team.

Dame waste… didn't grab his chance.

Anyone remember the game against the Storm when Farah made the break, drew Slater and passed to him and he dropped it cold with the line wide open. That seems to sum up his life.

What we all forget is that most of us have inner demons to deal with at times,some are more prevalent than others…I too have been in a circumstance where a player was contracted to us as a playmaker...I won't go to when and where,but he couldn't handle the drink and drugs...he stabbed to death our physio because the voices told him to...
We are all human and make some terrible mistakes and decisions during our lives,however in this day and age there is so much help available in all different fields of life that these things really shouldn't happen if help is sought..
But then again we are all responsible for our actions and should be dealt with in the appropriate manner....I'm not going to bag the crap out of Laurie,I will just look at the waste of talent that has gone by the wayside...once again...

@ said:
Anyone remember the game against the Storm when Farah made the break, drew Slater and passed to him and he dropped it cold with the line wide open. That seems to sum up his life.

Yes he certainly did murder that try, no attempt there…

@ said:

White jumper & orange with black V?

@ said:
Just so u know…
Daine told me he hates the tigers and all the players except Keith Galloway.

As I recall, when he left he stuck the boot into us and Sheens in particular, saying we were "nothing but negative". Maybe he would have been better listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back