Danny Williams

Peaches

I think he is the type of player this club should really have a look at. I believe he is off-contract unless he has signed an extension and hasn't got too much if any FG this year. Arthur Beetson scouted him for the Roosters a couple of years back and he went to the Dogs not long after. He is a real worker type prop and would be a great off the bench. No-nonsense type player who will do the hard work. Wouldn't be the marquee signing but a real good one none-the-less.

I remember Beetson having HUGE wraps on this bloke, the Roosters letting him go was the reason Beetson left them as a scout originally, he was so disgusted that they let him go after he done all the work to get him there.

He hasn't seemed to have kicked on at the Dogs though, and if you are playing behind the likes of Morrin and Laeano then you probably don't have what it takes.

@Zaibatsu said:
I remember Beetson having HUGE wraps on this bloke, the Roosters letting him go was the reason Beetson left them as a scout originally, he was so disgusted that they let him go after he done all the work to get him there.

He hasn't seemed to have kicked on at the Dogs though, and if you are playing behind the likes of Morrin and Laeano then you probably don't have what it takes.

He seemed to get FG when Folkes was in charge but hasn't this year. May not be in the coaches plan. If he was good for Artie, he is good enough for me.

I thought we had salary cap problems at the moment. What is going to change between now and next season to fix this problem, before we look at signing players from other clubs?

From the look of it we are/might be getting rid of/not re-signing upwards of $800K of players (Morris, Payne, Collis, Halatau, Tagive, and maybe Galea and Trimarchi).

We would hope to sign at least someone with that money!

He's a kid, and as is often said about props - they don't hit their straps till their 25\. Artie had big things to say about him, and I reckon in the near future will kill it at NRL level. He is a hard nut, has good leg speed, has a great off-load, and will go all day. If he hasn't signed with the Dogs, I'd be punting on him with a low level contract.

Interesting to note that there was a Danny Williams who cheap shotted Mark O' Neill at Leichhardt Oval in 2004\. Does anyone remember the incident?

Its definatly a different Danny Williams and I think almost everyone on this forum will remember it - was the cheapest shot u will ever see and that Danny Williams nearly got linched at Leichardt oval as people charged to the fence and many were keen to jump it and take down that Danny Williams for a dirty from behind king hit of our beloved Captain Buckets

@citizen cub said:
Interesting to note that there was a Danny Williams who cheap shotted Mark O' Neill at Leichhardt Oval in 2004\. Does anyone remember the incident?

Its a wests tigers forum of cause we remember,buckets doent.

@JRD said:
@citizen cub said:

Its a wests tigers forum of cause we remember,buckets doent.

the reason why asked was because everyone who posted ( above my comment ) didn't seem to remember his name coincided with the dirty pig who used to play for the Melbourne storm who cheap shotted O' Neill

I think there are better prop options within the Bulldogs who are not being used currently by them

Back