David Nofoaluma #164

It’s a shame it’s turned out this way for Nofo. I remember in his first year, him scoring a freak try back flipping over the defender and comer post to score in the corner and only just a year or two ago when he had gone back to running straight and hard for a few games, he took a penalty tap 30 yards out and ran through all the defenders to score.
But he really seems a little arrogant these days and the $500k doesn’t help. If he were on 300 -350 I’d be happier.
Also I don’t understand why a winger wouldn’t be working on sprint training over the off season, especially if their pace has dropped?
He was worth 500 in 2020 when he carved up for us. Something like 20 tries. Benji put them on a plate for him. Since then, he got his big contract and decided to stop running as hard as he did that one year.

It’s a shame it’s turned out this way for Nofo. I remember in his first year, him scoring a freak try back flipping over the defender and comer post to score in the corner and only just a year or two ago when he had gone back to running straight and hard for a few games, he took a penalty tap 30 yards out and ran through all the defenders to score.
But he really seems a little arrogant these days and the $500k doesn’t help. If he were on 300 -350 I’d be happier.
Also I don’t understand why a winger wouldn’t be working on sprint training over the off season, especially if their pace has dropped?
Yea, like I think this whole situation is sad.

Nofo gets stupid money because he doesn't want to stay in a side "struggling to make the 8"... Then doesn't want to stay in a side "struggling to make the 16".
I GET IT.

Still, he has given up. Still he is a club Legend and man he did some awesome tries.

Still he has to GO! It's just a shame I can't remember him for his damn amazing tries earlier and instead we have to throw a player paid way too much.... Meh garbage to trash, now.

Yea, like I think this whole situation is sad.

Nofo gets stupid money because he doesn't want to stay in a side "struggling to make the 8"... Then doesn't want to stay in a side "struggling to make the 16".
I GET IT.

Still, he has given up. Still he is a club Legend and man he did some awesome tries.

Still he has to GO! It's just a shame I can't remember him for his damn amazing tries earlier and instead we have to throw a player paid way too much.... Meh garbage to trash, now.
Not too many play out their careers here and I would prefer we had a better ratio with that.
Probably noticeable to other players too, and we’re trying to make big signings.

Dear Mr Nofoaluma

Did those bad men hurt your dedicate feelings oh i am so upset for you. You overpaid overhyped winger. Grow up if you do not like the treatment leave pure and simple buy out your contract or negotiate a release Figure with the club and leave. On your way out stop in the treatment room go to the fridge and find your balls get them attached and find another club. But please understand you are 30 years old and your game has taken a step or three sideways.​

A few points:
1. I feel going to the RLPA and making a big deal of it is counter productive to what Noffa would want. This might be something he feels strongly about?
2. Seems it's reported that he was "treated unfairly" so he may feel he was being made to work harder than others or psychologically/ mentally pushed harder. True or not, who knows?
3. The part about time trials leaking out is still not great for the club.

No matter what, it seems like Noffa will be leaving us soon anyway. This will all get brushed under the rug as pre-season will start to kick off properly.
Are we swapping him for a taller faster winger who doesn’t run backwards?

Any other player, and it would be unanimous that this story is another hit job on the club. It’s funny how when it’s a player everyone hates, there are crickets. This is another guy I’m tired of reading about. Brooks had to go cos it was a toxic relationship, and this is another. When the most die hard of the die hards choose to hate on you over the media, it’s a lost cause.

Last edited:
Not to defend Noffa here, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see the club comment on this rather than journo and 50 pissedoff fans. There is no quotes in any of these reports and it’s hard to search for the truth whilst a pile on is underway.
Beat me by half a second. Was waiting for someone to finally point this out. If it’s a player that’s disliked. it doesn’t get questioned. If it were Stef or Tupou, the conspiracies would be flying left and right. Every second post would be demanding the club take legal action. Nothing more than confirmation bias on show here.

Any other player, and it would be unanimous that this story is another hit job on the club. It’s funny how when it’s a player everyone hates, there are crickets. This is another guy I’m tired of reading about. Brooks had to go cos it was a toxic relationship, and this is another. When the most die hard of the die hards choose to hate on you over the media, it’s a lost cause.
They are/were both long term losers. Good riddance.

Very few people would hate noffa. He’s great when he turns up. There’s no bias when I observe him not getting involved, running sideways instead of at the line, or points the finger at team mates. (Esp on social media). He’s paid big $$ and that comes with strings.

I just hope he’s not struggling mentally. That’s no good for anyone.

Very few people would hate noffa. He’s great when he turns up. There’s no bias when I observe him not getting involved, running sideways instead of at the line, or points the finger at team mates. (Esp on social media). He’s paid big $$ and that comes with strings.

I just hope he’s not struggling mentally. That’s no good for anyone.
No one knows what’s going on. Everyone just assumes he’s being weak, but he at least deserves to tell his side of the story (assuming it’s true) before the knives come out.

No one knows what’s going on. Everyone just assumes he’s being weak, but he at least deserves to tell his side of the story (assuming it’s true) before the knives come out.
The evidence has been there the last three years in his wildly inconsistent performance. This is just Benji doing his job as a coach who needs winners.

Personally I think the stories should stay in house. My concern is that benji leaks info to suit his agenda.

Back