Did some of our top guns not fire tonight?

Tiger_heart

Farah - below his best but high tackle count saves him
Heino - nowhere near the player he was last year
Gibbs - next..

Others
Lui - gotta feel sorry for the kid but what role was he playing out there?

Gibbs and Heighington were good. Both are workers not "guns". Farah played injured and Lui is still a little hesitant.

I thought Farah had his best game in weeks t.b.h…...a lot more runs out of dummy half and looked dangerous with the ball everytime.

i dont know if our topguns didnt fire i think we expect a bit much from them evrytime.

farah has been playing injured he isnt 100% thats a given.

and gibbs with his penalties, well we all know that issue.

A lot of factors went into us losing but if i was forced to lay the blame on one of those its Farah. He did some good things as usual, but some of his decisions were very very costly. I can forgive a guy mis-timing a kick and it going out on the full, but i cant forgive the bad decision to go the short side when under pressure to do that kick. That one play changed everything. Then his poor kick into the Parra defence in the 2nd half cost us another try.

Benji on the other hand stood up. He stuffed up running it on the last a couple of times, but besides that his general play was great and he tried his guts out. Shame every try was in the corner.

I was actually impressed with Heighington.

We've questioned Lui's defence before but watching the game, it is just an unorthodox style.

@king sirro said:
A lot of factors went into us losing but if i was forced to lay the blame on one of those its Farah. He did some good things as usual, but some of his decisions were very very costly. I can forgive a guy mis-timing a kick and it going out on the full, but i cant forgive the bad decision to go the short side when under pressure to do that kick. That one play changed everything. Then his poor kick into the Parra defence in the 2nd half cost us another try.

Benji on the other hand stood up. He stuffed up running it on the last a couple of times, but besides that his general play was great and he tried his guts out. Shame every try was in the corner.

You'd blame Farah before Gibbs???….. Serious????

@Chris said:
@king sirro said:

You'd blame Farah before Gibbs???….. Serious????

I dont blame Farah for the loss, many things cost us the game, and he was just one of those.

u can not say anyone of our players cost us the game.
it came down to a lot of 50/50's going against us n eventually the weight of possession proves too much.

one try that should never ever have been scored was the one with7 off loads. how we could not wrap the ball up was beyond me.

@Torbizlo said:
u can not say anyone of our players cost us the game.
it came down to a lot of 50/50's going against us n eventually the weight of possession proves too much.

one try that should never ever have been scored was the one with7 off loads. <big>how we could not wrap the ball up was beyond me.</big>

When you cannot dominate in defence, and always seem to be relying on a scrambling desperate defence and you come up against a team like parra with offloads galore, you'll have trouble shutting it down.
Offloads > scrambling D every time. No wonder they have it on us.

In defnse of the boys,some of their offloads were incredible,and most of them stuck.

They were even throwing mystery balls of their own line to get them out fo trouble.

It just wasnt our night.

@simonthetiger said:
In defnse of the boys,some of their offloads were incredible,and most of them stuck.

They were even throwing mystery balls of their own line to get them out fo trouble.

It just wasnt our night.

Yeah Para were throwing some great offloads and normally some of them would have been knocked on because they were risky, but they were on fire in that period and everything was sticking…it hurts as I feel the refs cheated us...but para still played well.

Latest posts

Members online

Back