Did you notice.....

innsaneink

….those at the ground the other night, when Fitzys name was read out...there were no boooing.

Now Im not a big fan of his I admit, and I never boo our players, but it only occured to me we dont hear this at Cambo or LO....only seems to be at the SFS or telstra in the past.

Maybe those that do it only like bucket seats that are undercover.

Hands up all those that boo him. Come on...fess up.

No Booing in the stands when Fitzy was announced either Innk,,,

But let me tell you …....at about the 20th minute mark there was heaps of abuse.......

All miss-directed IMO ....Sheensy picks him....that started at 0-16....

Funniest thing was....the same people were cheering and clapping when Benji hit the accellorator at the end....

Goe….Theres a bit of a difference between some words when a player stuffs up....and booing an introduction.
I feel displeasure when our players err , and express this vocally...its all part of footy
Congratulatory rapturous applause is also applicable when they perform brilliantly....its all part of footy.

There was booing of Fitzy last Monday night at LO by a few vocal drunken clowns that were standing behind Bay 11.
And they heckled him throughout the first half and yes they were dressed like WT fans

Were these clowns standing on the concourse around the tunnel if so they are there every game clowns are a polite way of describing them.

@lathami said:
I am a Boo-er! And proud of it. Also morris…

Look who showed his face again…..going on past arguments with you this doesnt surprise me.

Your 100% the type.

@stryker said:
@lathami said:
I am a Boo-er! And proud of it. Also morris…

Look who showed his face again…..going on past arguments with you this doesnt surprise me.

Your 100% the type.

Sorry stryker, didnt think u were so sensative!!
Thank for boxing me into a type, i feel kind of free now, thanks!!!
BTW sarcasm…
Come on give us a hug??
At least i am honest and say what i think
And the fitz in first grade is a joke...1 try from how many games??? more against then for.

Dont worry stryk it will be ok!!http://www.weststigersforum.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=104023#

won't boo any of our players or the team, ever. but in saying that i do think fitzy needs to go. now.

Hey I think he needs to go as well, but I'm not gonna boo the bloke thats really poor form

@innsaneink said:
Goe….Theres a bit of a difference between some words when a player stuffs up....and booing an introduction.
I feel displeasure when our players err , and express this vocally...its all part of footy
Congratulatory rapturous applause is also applicable when they perform brilliantly....its all part of footy.

Agreed. After the opening 30 minutes they needed a rev up. But booing before they even get started - well you have to wonder why you're there in the first place.

I never boo any of them. Much like others, I believe the closest Fitzy should get is at best jersey #17, but I would never boo him. He has been good for us in the past and was involved in our maiden premiership as a joint venture. You don't boo guys who have achieved what he has, even if he's stayed on a little longer than most would like.

@innsaneink said:
….those at the ground the other night, when Fitzys name was read out...there were no boooing.

Now Im not a big fan of his I admit, and I never boo our players, but it only occured to me we dont hear this at Cambo or LO....only seems to be at the SFS or telstra in the past.

Maybe those that do it only like bucket seats that are undercover.

Hands up all those that boo him. Come on...fess up.

There was definatley booing at C'town in the Titans Game…

When Fitzys name was read out pre-match there were quite a few boo's i remember it clearly cause my mates i was with commented on how funny it was that everyone seems to see it except Sheens

Boo him when he plays shit and cheer on the rare occasion he does something good.
Booing a player when read out/coming onto the field is pretty low and disrespectful, it's not as if he comes out and dogs on it purpose, nor does he pick himself (not that I know of anyway).

I feel immense pride when I hear his name called out. It means that our club allows anyone with any level of ability to play first grade. Great motivation for the kids.

I commented in another thread that any player who pulls on a WT jersey deserves our support… booing a player at introduction is about as far from supportive as you can get.

I'd rather the Fitz wasn't in the team either, but would never boo him like that.

Hi everyone

Surely there's a rule that says that if a player wears a WT jersey they deserve every support - just like any supporter wearing a WT jersey (or equivalent) is a good bloke!!

Tigergran

I didn't boo him cause I don't think there's a point anymore. I have booed him in the past though.

When he dropped the farah pass I gave him an almighty serve and the bloke sitting next to me moved his kids lol

@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

Surely there's a rule that says that if a player wears a WT jersey they deserve every support - just like any supporter wearing a WT jersey (or equivalent) is a good bloke!!

Tigergran

I agree. The only boos that come out of these lips are for the opposition and the refs.

Back