Ellis

crouching_tiger

Was trapped with the ball on several occassions. Each time this happened, it was at a crucial time when WT were on the attack with overlaps. Can't work out why he seemed to hold off from popping his signature offload as the support was there.

do you think Ellis is best on the left or right?
\
\
he only moved there when Heington got injured

@BigUnit said:
do you think Ellis is best on the left or right?
\
\
he only moved there when Heington got injured

Right in attack

Left in defence

IMO should be playing lock to utilise him more efficiently in attack. Should be closer behind the ruck. His fantastic ability to pop the offload will serve both halves running off his hips.

Just listening to 2GB and they were speaking with Hindmarsh and Anderson. Anderson was saying the Parra players after the game said it was the fastest game they have played all year. Hindmarsh said the players also could not believe how strong Ellis is and what a good player he also is, and this opens the way for more Poms to give the NRL a try.

I agree about Ellis the way he throws players round like rag dolls is amazing.

@Muffstar said:
Just listening to 2GB and they were speaking with Hindmarsh and Anderson. Anderson was saying the Parra players after the game said it was the fastest game they have played all year. Hindmarsh said the players also could not believe how strong Ellis is and what a good player he also is, and this opens the way for more Poms to give the NRL a try.

I agree about Ellis the way he throws players round like rag dolls is amazing.

\

Hayne said last night's match was ''Origin-like'' in its intensity, while Anderson added: ''The boys were knackered in the dressing room. I haven't seen them as distressed physically after a game as they are right now.''
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/eels-star-turns-on-heat/2009/08/21/1250362219735.html?page=2

I think both Ellis and Hindmarsh contained each other well last night. Anytime either got the ball the other was right there waiting, good arm wrestle.

The thing i love about Ellis is that he dominates. For a long time ive sat there watching in frustration as our big men struggle to wrap the ball up or put a guy on the ground, but whenever the likes of Hayne or Hindmarsh came in contact with Gareth, they were nailed staright away. He's a strong man.

Definitely a high quality game with great tries and defence by both sides. Ellis has definitely proved himself in the NRL though.

Back