Ellis

TheDen

Is he going to have a case to answer for tripping? I hope not but I have a feeling he could be cited and is going to have carry over points.

Im worried we might not have him for the Roosters game. Great game from the big man

@TheDen said:
Is he going to have a case to answer for tripping? I hope not but I have a feeling he could be cited and is going to have carry over points.

Im worried we might not have him for the Roosters game. Great game from the big man

It was minor, i reckon he'll be charged, but i reckon he'll play, if Soward can get off with what he did then why not Ellis?

Bed very surprised, I think a good brief could get him of the charge

It was very minor but who knows how this judiciary / citing comittee will react to it.

I think his carry over points could mean he misses a week. Guess we will know tomorrow.
Great to finally have a full strength side as well. Lets hope lady luck stays on our side

I think he is a goner the way the judiciary is these days. It didn't look all that flash.

your joking …..it was a penalty on the spot and it should be done and dusted .... soward,or thurstons kicks were way worse and both were cleared to play in their next game ......

@TheDen said:

He'll be so looking forward to smashing Willie.

If he's charged he should fight it. I don't think his leg ever touched orford.It missed by a bees…

@tiger tigers said:
your joking …..it was a penalty on the spot and it should be done and dusted .... soward,or thurstons kicks were way worse and both were cleared to play in their next game ......

He won't have the luxury of the early guilty plea because of carry over points which those 2 players didn't have. Fingers crossed anyway

@tiger tigers said:

I agree…normally dangerous trips are placed on report...

<big>**STOP PRESS**</big>

Ellis has escaped charged. His name did not appear on the charge sheet.

Wooooooooooooooooo :wink:

Well at least common sense prevailed. His arm and leg both shot out at the same time when he was wrong footed. It was not an attempted trip IMO

@smeghead said:
Well at least common sense prevailed. His arm and leg both shot out at the same time when he was wrong footed. It was not an attempted trip IMO

im pretty sure his leg went 1st but it was a reaction thing rather then deliberate, his arm wasnt far behind it though. but i agree common sense prevailed.

It was a trip, if it was Jamie Soward or Michael Ennis doing it you would be all over it calling for his head, very fickle people on this forum…

That being said though, the bloke is a deadset legend, he played his heart out last night and has been able to hold his head up high all season, fantastic signing and is holding our pack together atm.

The leg-drive in a couple of his runs last night was great to see, about time we had a forward that tried to run THROUGH the line, not just hit it up and collapse :slight_smile:

@Zaibatsu said:
It was a trip, if it was Jamie Soward or Michael Ennis doing it you would be all over it calling for his head, very fickle people on this forum…

That being said though, the bloke is a deadset legend, he played his heart out last night and has been able to hold his head up high all season, fantastic signing and is holding our pack together atm.

The leg-drive in a couple of his runs last night was great to see, about time we had a forward that tried to run THROUGH the line, not just hit it up and collapse :slight_smile:

your probably right, i just dont think it deserves suspension had it been ennis doing it i probably would of hoped he got suspended but meh thats the black and gold glasses we all carry around in our back pocket, some of us just wear them more often then others

@smeghead said:

That's the way I saw it. He was clearly wrong footed and tried his hardest to change direction. Looked awkward because of the way he stuck his leg out but there was definitely no malice or intent to trip from Ellis.

@willow said:
@smeghead said:

That's the way I saw it. He was clearly wrong footed and tried his hardest to change direction. Looked awkward because of the way he stuck his leg out but there was definitely no malice or intent to trip from Ellis.

Lol no intent to trip… Come on mate!

I don't think it is worthy of suspension and I love the bloke and how he's playing but in all honestly how you can you say he didn't try to trip him!? On replay you can even notice the point where Ellis realised what he was doing and tried to pull away from it.

No malice in it at all or anything, just a poor instant reaction in the heat of battle and not worthy of anything more than a penalty, but it was a trip and rightly called so by the officials imo.

Latest posts

Members online

Back