13 Ben Teo

Reserves

De Gois
Junior Moors
Lewis Brown
David Fifita
Heighington
Santi

Would not be interested in any of the backline players but Fifita, Teo, Plum and Hoffman would be useful.

Let me know your thoughts.

Laffranchi is still playing , he'd have to force his way in their somehow
Rangi Chase
Sam Moa
Bronson Harrison
Gareth Ellis

Hoffman went from wests juniors to melbourne on money we couldn't afford,so he never got into the Weststigers system

Lui and Fifita are probably the only two we really miss, although I don't think Lui would get a run over Brooks. Both of them we had to get rid of though. Beau Ryan would come in very handy this week against the roosters, either in the centres or at fullback but I don't think he'd be a starter if all our players were fit.

Although some of those were in our junior system, they were never really ours.

you cant keep them all.

@everett said:
Team of ex Wests Tiger players

1\. Mitch Brown
2\. Koro (if rumours are true)
3 Ashyford
4 Beau Ryan
5 Lote
6 Marshall
7 Robert Lui
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 John Morris
10 Andrew Fifita
11 Nigel Plum
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ben Teo

Reserves

De Gois
Junior Moors
Lewis Brown
David Fifita
Heighington
Santi

Would not be interested in any of the backline players but Fifita, Teo, Plum and Hoffman would be useful.

Let me know your thoughts.

If you swapped Koro for Ryan and slotted Lawrence into the centre, wouldn't that be the exact backline that took us into the semis in 2010/11? My how times have changed!

Four players from the Original list never played NRL for the Tigers despite being in the system, Ben Roberts was also in the Junior ranks for the Magpies but never played NRL for the Tigers.
And how about Andrew Fifita last year talking his brother David up when the Sharks were looking at signing him, Andrew told the media that David was always a better player than him, d'oh!, we let the wrong one go!.

@GoldXR50Leroy said:
Four players from the Original list never played NRL for the Tigers despite being in the system, Ben Roberts was also in the Junior ranks for the Magpies but never played NRL for the Tigers.
And how about Andrew Fifita last year talking his brother David up when the Sharks were looking at signing him, Andrew told the media that David was always a better player than him, d'oh!, we let the wrong one go!.

P.S. I reckon the reason for the original post was because there was no NRL on the weekend and someone was rather bored, I used to do similar things back in the early 2000's but with former Balmain players.

@happy tiger said:
Meant to ask Nigel Plum , Wests Tigers ??

As Ink said a wests boy,one who Sheens didn't rate or give a fair go to,so he went to easts and more or less got straight in the top squad.

Hard to work out the point of the OP but if it is to point out the quality of the players we have let go, I reckon our current team at full strength would lap that team.

In particular, the decisions made regarding retention/release since Mick Potter has come on board fill me with confidence.

@851 said:
@happy tiger said:
Meant to ask Nigel Plum , Wests Tigers ??

As Ink said a wests boy,one who Sheens didn't rate or give a fair go to,so he went to easts and more or less got straight in the top squad.

I always thought the Roosters threw cash we couldn't match at him and the lure of playing for a team that had just been in 3 consecutive grand finals was more appealing than playing for us who were absolutely battling prior to 2004.

We also went on that huge signing spree at the end of 2003 so he may have got lost in the fold.

Back