Expansion Team

@tilllindemann said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454659) said:
@glebe-tiger said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454656) said:
Yes won't be pretty. But the NRL will do all they can to funnel talent and big names to the new team in the hope of success. Comps too light on depth, addition of new team in the next 4yrs is lunacy. With no junior comps due to covid they need to wait it out longer. I wouldn't be looking at expansion for at least 5-6yrs. Our product is a joke atm ridiculous rules chopping and changing all the time. Pandering to tv execs detrimental to the game.

If we're going to add a team I would rather a team in Perth or second NZ team than another Brisbane team.

I reckon that will happen by the end of the decade.

@demps said in [Expansion Team](/post/1455716) said:
![Screenshot_20210827-143145_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1630038749835-screenshot_20210827-143145_instagram.jpg)

Who would your main targets be ?

Wayne Bennett
Nicho Hynes
Brian To'o
Joey Manu
Zac Lomax
Xavier Coates
Adam Doueihi
Adam Reynolds
Brandon Smith
Payne Haas

![Screenshot_20210827-143143_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1630038744082-screenshot_20210827-143143_instagram.jpg)

![Screenshot_20210827-143145_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1630038749835-screenshot_20210827-143145_instagram.jpg)

If it was 5 years ago:
- Reynolds
- Packer
- Matulino
- Mbye

@tig_prmz said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456231) said:
![Screenshot_20210827-143143_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1630038744082-screenshot_20210827-143143_instagram.jpg)

If it was 5 years ago:
- Reynolds
- Packer
- Matulino
- Mbye

Cleary as coach

Potentially unpopular opinion, but if I were the NRL, I'd strongly consider approving both bids for a Brisbane team.

Have a Sunshine Coast/Moreton Bay team and the Western Corridor/Ipswich team. South East Queensland is going to have a total population approaching 5 million by 2030. That's large enough to support 4 teams.

There's no room for a second Brisbane Until maybe 2025 at the earliest. The league is struggling big time. Need to fix the game and the league before looking to further dilute it

Most people have a second team they keep an eye on. It’s no problem until they play each other.

I’m a pensioner and I’ve followed the Tigers all my life as my dad was born in Balmain.

Woonona is where I was born, just north of Wollongong.

When the Steelers were admitted I followed their progress but always went for Tigers when they played each other. Now they are 95% St George and I have little interest with them now.

Been in Rockhampton close to 40 years now and Tigers are still in my blood.

@tiger05premier said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454673) said:
@glebe-tiger said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454656) said:
Yes won't be pretty. But the NRL will do all they can to funnel talent and big names to the new team in the hope of success. Comps too light on depth, addition of new team in the next 4yrs is lunacy. With no junior comps due to covid they need to wait it out longer. I wouldn't be looking at expansion for at least 5-6yrs. Our product is a joke atm ridiculous rules chopping and changing all the time. Pandering to tv execs detrimental to the game.

If the NRL are going to funnel talent and big names to the new team than we are safe

But understand that same talent that is being funnelled off to QLD is the same talent we need to sign to improve our squad. I understand what your implying in terms of we shouldn’t loose any players but we risk remaining in a state of flux.if we can’t get some better players around our young guys to develop them and move us out of the ebb and into the flow

@cqtiger said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456373) said:
Most people have a second team they keep an eye on. It’s no problem until they play each other.

I’m a pensioner and I’ve followed the Tigers all my life as my dad was born in Balmain.

When the Steelers were admitted I followed their progress but always went for Tigers when they played each other. Now they are 95% St George and I have little interest with them now.

I used to surf at Sandon Point on the other side of Woonona as a young bloke, beautiful spot.

@trusted_insider said in [Expansion Team](/post/1455582) said:
@jirskyr said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454711) said:
@tigerbuck63 said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454668) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Expansion Team](/post/1454644) said:
I created this to say, how embarrassing is it going to be when this team makes the finals before us ?

Well a word of warning to the Wests Tigers how many Brisbane fans will switch alliances with a new team rather than support a merged enity that are not performing.

I certainly would consider it if the Dolphins get the Nod and the same management at the Top in place.......
I am a very loyal person but there is a limit as i already switch offs games we are not performing in rather than watch the whole game.

Doesn't sound "very loyal". "Somewhat loyal" perhaps.

There are tonnes of QLD-based Tigers fans, I think many of them would already have quit by now if good performances are the primary condition for ongoing support.

Have been a supporter since the late 80s, but this week considered what I’ll do if the new venture is Redcliffe based as has been suggested.

Could be very difficult to continue supporting the Tigers given the extremely rare opportunity to start supporting a local club from their inception.

Yeah agreed. I'm from Qld and always hated the Broncos and have supported the Tigers since 89. If a new Qld team starts up though Il most likely follow them as.well. Redcliffe has a strong club and tradition. Be nice to start fresh.

@seant said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456407) said:
I created this to say, how embarrassing is it going to be when this team makes the finals before us ?

Well a word of warning to the Wests Tigers how many Brisbane fans will switch alliances with a new team rather than support a merged enity that are not performing.

I certainly would consider it if the Dolphins get the Nod and the same management at the Top in place.......
I am a very loyal person but there is a limit as i already switch offs games we are not performing in rather than watch the whole game.

There are tonnes of QLD-based Tigers fans, I think many of them would already have quit by now if good performances are the primary condition for ongoing support.

Have been a supporter since the late 80s, but this week considered what I’ll do if the new venture is Redcliffe based as has been suggested.

Could be very difficult to continue supporting the Tigers given the extremely rare opportunity to start supporting a local club from their inception.

Yeah agreed. I'm from Qld and always hated the Broncos and have supported the Tigers since 89. If a new Qld team starts up though Il most likely follow them as.well. Redcliffe has a strong club and tradition. Be nice to start fresh.

Be nice to support a team that has some chance of success too... :\ :anguished:

Personally think bets way to expand comp is combine NSWRL and QRL competitions and reduce to 20 teams (currently 25 in both reserve grades). 1 reserve grade side per NRL side + 2 extra QLD sides which would eventually go up to NRL and 1 from PNG and 1 from Fiji. Would improve standard of reserve grade and the comp could be a legit stepping stone up to top league. After 2/3 years of national reserve grade you'd hope a club would be ready to step up etc I also think it would be a product the game could sell - Newtown Jets vs PNG or Magpies vs Ipswich etc

@gcfan said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456405) said:
@cqtiger said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456373) said:

I used to surf at Sandon Point on the other side of Woonona as a young bloke, beautiful spot.

Yep lovely area around Bulli beach.

@trusted_insider said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456410) said:
@seant said in [Expansion Team](/post/1456407) said:

Be nice to support a team that has some chance of success too... :\ :anguished:

Lesgooo : East Tigers ?

![Screenshot_20210923-145724_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1632373083337-screenshot_20210923-145724_instagram.jpg)

@demps said in [Expansion Team](/post/1479437) said:
![Screenshot_20210923-145724_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1632373083337-screenshot_20210923-145724_instagram.jpg)

Glad they are going ahead with it but 2023 seems soon if they are announcing after the grand final. That gives them 1 year to get everything ready to go including signing a squad of players, coaches and office staff. That’s a quick turnaround.

@demps said in [Expansion Team](/post/1479437) said:

Dolphins or tiger jets Firehawk or whatever it's called now 🤔

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Expansion Team](/post/1479454) said:
Glad they are going ahead with it but 2023 seems soon if they are announcing after the grand final. That gives them 1 year to get everything ready to go including signing a squad of players, coaches and office staff. That’s a quick turnaround.

They'll manage. The (3) bidders are already established and successful clubs.

Sadly this will provide another (more favourable) option than the Tigers when players are on the market and looking to sign a new deal.

heaps of players have structured thier contracts to cash in on the new team ,just a quick shuffle of the decks,in admin,if need be,or a 5yr plan,maybe[lol]its great 4 the game overall

Back