Farah's aggression

hybrid_tiger

I was very worried when Farah got dropped from the 3rd State of Origin match.

I thought last year when he missed out on selection, his form with us dropped and I was worried the same was going to happen again.

But instead he has gone the other way and has stepped up a gear and in the last three games has been very aggressive, a bit more than usual IMO. Not just the Watts punch-up last week, but he is hitting hard in defence and I've noticed he is doing quite a bit of talking (to opposition players). Most likely sledging. :laughing:

The word around NSW selectors was they thought he wasn't aggressive enough. I always thought that was absolute crap in the first place, but he has really stepped up his game mentally, IMO. Sign of a champion.

BTW, last week he had the headband, reminded me of Benny. This week he didn't shave and looked like a man possessed, smashing blokes left right and centre. Love it!

I think Farah would have been reminded immediately after his non selection in SOO3 that there is a tour spot for the Kangaroos up for grabs and it is his to take.

That and he has matured as a player since last season. The apparant tensions have been sorted and he seems more determined and comfortable in the team unit than ever

They should keep the growth going…Skando's got it happenen as well.....Can't wait for Galloway...

Farah's tough...no doubt,,,,,adds another dimension....Passion is on the rise at the Tigers.....all good.... :angry:

Maybe the lack of shaving is him taking the Dave Williams approach to get reselected. He's got fringe players to compete with but the cool beard might get him over the line for selection.

@hybrid_tiger said:
BTW, last week he had the headband, reminded me of Benny.

As soon as I saw him run back out with it on I said the exact same thing, the head band and the aggression is so reminiscent of Benny and is great to see.

He might also be more comfortable with his back which means he is more confident about confrontations now.

He's maturing into the role of captain and leader & the aggression looks like something he's consciously adding to his game. That ability to target particular areas & improve is very impressive.
Also, hopefully Jazza's right & his back has been good for long enough for him to be confident that he can mix it without breaking down.

Sorry to kill the superstitious vibes but the no shaving thing is about his tonsils and throat. (Which in itself is a superstitious thing if you know what I mean?) :unamused:

@Jazza said:
He might also be more comfortable with his back which means he is more confident about confrontations now.

Unfortunately, his back is still playing up. It is far from 100%. If you watch him closely, it is affecting his movement. The fact the bloke can dominate and play as well as he is while still carrying an injury speaks volumes.

he has six more games to prove beyond any doubt to the selectors, that he should be picked for the kangarooo's squad.
with Robbie being aggro, the pack has the look of tigers on the prowl. :smiley:

@westTAHger said:
he has six more games to prove beyond any doubt to the selectors, that he should be picked for the kangarooo's squad.
with Robbie being aggro, the pack has the look of tigers on the prowl. :smiley:

robbie will be picked for the roos i have no doubt, he IS the best hooker in the NRL right now and has been all season, and it helps that sheens is the aussie coach too

Farah, or any other Tigers player for that matter; has never had heaps of aggresson. I don't think its something Sheens looks for in players as he likes his players smart and his team crisp. However of late, Farah and the side have physically shown aggression and defence is better. A coincidence, surely not. Hopefully they can keep it up, though this type of game plan can have a week where the team performance is just plain flat.

I think the Australian hooking role is wide open this season. Smith may well be the incumbent but he hasn't set the world alight this season and I reckon Farah got a points decision over him when the Tigers beat the Storm at Leichardt and again in SOO game 1\. Game 2 was a writeoff for Robbie but he has not let it get to him and has put his head down and worked hard since. I daresay he'd be up the near top of the Dally M list too. If the Tigers forwards continue to put in the hard yards then Robbie should play well and have a major hand in what the Tigers manage to do for the rest of the season.

I've been loving it. Watched the replay of him getting stuck into Watts plenty of time. I never thought I'd say this, but I love the aggro :smiley:

im sure both his arms were outside when they packed then vanish instantly:)

Back