Favourite Indigenous Player

There's been no shortage and a lot seem to play a great style.

Personally, Bowen I thought was awesome.
Rhys Wesser was so good.

Currently, I was watching a game earlier this season and remember thinking "wow. I didn't realise Walsh was actually that good".

Okay, so I'm an old fullback okay?! šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Always good to see good Wakka Wakka Mob Steve Renouf and Selwyn Cobbo but my favourite player I used to love watch playing was Scotty Gale!

Always good to see good Wakka Wakka Mob Steve Renouf and Selwyn Cobbo but my favourite player I used to love watch playing was Scotty Gale!
I know he's not one of the big names, but Bubba Kennedy was my all time favourite because he was the only shining light during a tough period for Balmain.

Corowa was just a great player , went to school with Percy knight , he was a great bloke and u canā€™t go past Thurston, met him on a footy trip away on the Gold Coast, he sat and talked to us for a hour while having a few coldies , great bloke .

Hard to say, there are so many, but the two that immediately come to mind as the most hateable are Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker, great players but extremely hateable.

Incredible now how many players that I would never pick as being Aboriginal, identify as such these days, for instance, J'maine Hopgood was really a surprise to me.

Scotty Gale was a great player and a good person as well. He would of loved playing under the 10 metre rule.

Cliff Lyons, I read something in the last week about him still playing at 60 years old. When he was on he was great to watch, saw him dismantle the Raiders in the 80ā€™s, awesome

Cliff Lyons, I read something in the last week about him still playing at 60 years old. When he was on he was great to watch, saw him dismantle the Raiders in the 80ā€™s, awesome

I saw him do it to us too many times (Balmain),excellent player and i always wished he had played for us

I saw him do it to us too many times (Balmain),excellent player and i always wished he had played for us
I remember him when I was a kid and I hated Manly (and in large part therefore, him!).
But then a couple of years ago I watched an old game on tv and saw just how good he really was. Seriously,I reckon he would be a top 5/8th even in todays game

There have been many very good indigenous players, but if I can name only one it would be Artie Beetson. What a champion!
Letā€™s hope his grandson Jack Beetson, a 15yo prop who is already 6ā€™5ā€ and 90kg, has some of his talent.

i was at the 65 grand final and Kevin longbottom kept souths in the game by kicking goals from near half way- he sure could kick,as eric simms could.They were both toepokers as well

Back