Fishing Thread

@Merlot been doing any fishing lately M, hit the rocks today with my nephew for 17 blackish.
yes but - our part of the river has been double D dead since the last flood 3 years ago.
Odd fisherman's tale gets told,
Caught a stonker /pssonal record 4 species Luderick - Caves Beach way back when
Great buzz for you both , fish being on the tooth.
 
Rock Hopper - a Wests Magpie supporter used to bag out his limit 3 times a day for 2 weeks ,twice a year at The Entrance , nsw,
wasn't no conservationist , but loved his Black fishing
 
Rock Hopper - a Wests Magpie supporter used to bag out his limit 3 times a day for 2 weeks ,twice a year at The Entrance , nsw,
wasn't no conservationist , but loved his Black fishing
Haven't been out for ages, bad winds and swells, freezer was empty had to get out there, it was bad conditions but a ton of fish.

This has been the best year for fishing in decades up here.

Edit: Always respect the bag limit I say, some don't.
 
Haven't been out for ages, bad winds and swells, freezer was empty had to get out there, it was bad conditions but a ton of fish.

This has been the best year for fishing in decades up here.

Edit: Always respect the bag limit I say, some don't.
Interesting - has been crap up my way all year. Started off promising with tailor n jew but hardly any bream or blackfish. Went down the Gong for my niece's funeral last week n got a few Australian salmon.
 
Interesting - has been crap up my way all year. Started off promising with tailor n jew but hardly any bream or blackfish. Went down the Gong for my niece's funeral last week n got a few Australian salmon.
How you going mikey, mate can't explain it Swansea/Catho this year at my spots has been on fire.

Bream from March till the end of July was the best in years, few flathead off the beach too, blackfish, it's just a joke you could tie a rock to your line and catch one, around the rocks is thick with them.
 
Ive only been out twice so far this season. The wind wont stop.
Been for a fish in close both times, too rough to bother trying to get out to the reef. First trip my mate came back with one fingermark and I got zip.
We did have a bit of fun with some ooglies though. We had some liveys to float for mackerel but we decided to drop them to the bottom instead to see what would happen. He dropped first and instantly had a lock up on something big. He had it on for two or three minutes before it reefed him. Something big hit mine and I kept it on for a bit but at the same time I went to lock up on it, it decided to run. It nearly took the rod out of my hands, and if I'd been standing, it would probably have pulled me out of the boat. It was into the reef and byebye.
Second trip was with my wife and daughter. Same as above, came back with a doughnut.
The wind has to stop sometime.
 
Hope you are well. Thanks for asking.

Life has been v busy n a bit out of control for me - mother-n-law passed earlier this year; niece passed two weeks ago. Sad times all round. I feel particularly for my brother losing his older daughter.

As you know, I've been on a forum sabbatical since the Richo shite last year. I was blocking too many people, and despondent by another what appeared it was going to be a shit year for results so thought it best to pull back and focus on other things that bring me joy.

Hope the fishing continues in the same vein. I don't normally fish for whiting and other summer beach fish but am thinking I'm going to do that this year. will have to learn to get worms. Have tried but it's a dark art to me 🙂
 
Hope you are well. Thanks for asking.

Life has been v busy n a bit out of control for me - mother-n-law passed earlier this year; niece passed two weeks ago. Sad times all round. I feel particularly for my brother losing his older daughter.

As you know, I've been on a forum sabbatical since the Richo shite last year. I was blocking too many people, and despondent by another what appeared it was going to be a shit year for results so thought it best to pull back and focus on other things that bring me joy.

Hope the fishing continues in the same vein. I don't normally fish for whiting and other summer beach fish but am thinking I'm going to do that this year. will have to learn to get worms. Have tried but it's a dark art to me 🙂
Chin up mate, terrible what has happened recently hope things get better going forward.

Get out and do some fishing man, nothing lifts the spirits like a tight line.
 
Back
Top