For "those" that think we're not improving

Not looking to other teams for anything...
Just summarising the reality of the comp.

We're not the same side now that lost to the Knights, Titans and Warriors.
There are players in the team that are playing much better than last year, There just is...
We may not play finals this year, But we'll trouble more than a few teams that do...

I'll say it again, We're on the up.

Well we can’t get much lower…

But yes we are definitely on the up I think. I think if Hastings hadn't missed those games earlier in the season we'd be on more than 3 wins, and with key players due back from injury I think we can go on a run.
10th,11th &13th over the last 3years and 3rd last so far this year to me is not a team on the up?
Until we can hold onto our top players and attract other top line players to me it will be the same old song.

Get the intent on the thread but at the same time we let the Bulldogs score the most points they have scored for ages. We lost to the Warriors, Titans, Knights and Dragons.

Reality is we just had a wooden spoon battle and are 3 wins already out of the 8 (F&A) and not even half way through the season.

With our current squad we aren’t on the up & won’t play finals unless something drastic changes.

The fact we are looking for hope in other teams results says it all really.
When you say current squad are you meaning available or at full strength?

I think fatigue and ageing is setting in with Roosters. A tough 2022 and it is not getting easier because some sides are getting stronger
The Inflictor means a lot to that team, they're feeling his absence.

Bagging us last week for getting done 36-12 By the Cowboys....

They're just put the same amount of points in less than 60 minutes on a team with:
Xavier Coates
Justin Olam
Cameron Munster
Harry Grant
Jesse Bromwich
Brandon Smith
Flise Kaufusi
Kenny Bromwich/Tui Kamikmica

In it....

We're on the up!!
Yes but who is out??

Jahrome Hughes
Harry Grant was moved from Hooker to Halfback.
We got bruised out of that game with Cowboys.
Clearly something was wrong with Melbourne that night, hey glad to see them get their backside handed too them. But were not talking a great Melbourne squad. Sure some great players, but they are lost without a halfback.

I agree with the general sentiment that we have shown improvement over the last 5 or so weeks. Certainly in effort areas of the game, particularly in D and with our completions. Our A at times has still looked pedestrian and clunky but is improving as combinations come together. In fairness we have been hampered a great deal by injuries and the inability to have players hold down positions for any length of time. I have faith that once we get some of our key injured players back we will be a better team capable of winning more.
However, i thought our second half in particular against the dogs was quite poor. We started it like we were still in the sheds, then lost Hastings and were totally crap until he came back and they lost their centre for 10 in the bin. Realistically, the Dogs were pretty bad for all but 20 mins of that game.
Our D around the ruck is really average still with markers too slow to get in front or to see what’s happening. Our big men are not mobile enough up the middle. Our kicking game was very poor as well, and we can not catch a high ball under pressure.
On the plus side, thought Garner and Offa tried hard and like Nu Brown as a 14 instead of Peachy (who needs to go to Reggies for a while to get some hunger back)

Yes but who is out??

Jahrome Hughes
Harry Grant was moved from Hooker to Halfback.
We got bruised out of that game with Cowboys.
Clearly something was wrong with Melbourne that night, hey glad to see them get their backside handed too them. But were not talking a great Melbourne squad. Sure some great players, but they are lost without a halfback.
so have we been lost with out a good 1/2 back.mosh pit pile on yuppies

Last edited:
The Storm were hurt by their substitutes Seve for Reimi's Smith ,Iremiah in for Paps as winger moved to FB and Kamakamica all had shockers

When you say current squad are you meaning available or at full strength?

Full strength. Our forward pack have basically been at full strength most the year.

Laurie played a big chunk and we still lost
Nofa has played most games

AD is the only main callout in the backs but even then its a guessing game as his position because of Brooks & at center how effective will he be coming back from his injury which normally takes 6-18mths for most players to even look like they player they were.

The rest of our backs lets be honest are meh.

I’m not saying they don’t show effort but they just don’t have the quality to win more than they lose.

He has been playing well and learning in the lower grades for some time so it is not a surprise. The usual fluff was posted by the usual suspects that he was no good.
Clubs got a hard decision to make. Brooks or Jock.
Personally I would be going with Jock as better value but Luke on a very reduced contract would be interesting. Much rather him as a back up 9 then liddle.

Clubs got a hard decision to make. Brooks or Jock.
Personally I would be going with Jock as better value but Luke on a very reduced contract would be interesting. Much rather him as a back up 9 then liddle.
I agree. Won't need a backup 9 next year though. Got good depth with api, simpkin and now brown. Peachy at a stretch. Liddle will be best served elsewhere.

Back