Funding for Centre of Excellence

I have seen it reported (I think in the SMH) that funding is being given to 5 clubs for the building of centre of excellence facilities, being: Souths, Canterbury, Roosters, Cronulla and Newcastle.

It is a worry that their is no mention of funding for the Wests Tigers.

I hope it was an oversight and we are getting funding as well.

Our facilities are already well below some of the clubs getting the new funding.

Yeah I think I saw something on the news and the Tigers and one other club have question marks on their proposals.

Rhere is a video article on it in one of the current threads…its not good news

Edit

Here:
http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=254&t=30298&p=883443#p883443

Wests tigers q and a video just uploaded have addressed this. Justin saying with or without government support he is pushing ahead with the COE.

Wish I had the money to fund it for the tiger's.

They could tell the government and NRL and whoever is making decisions on who gets what to stick their funding where the sun don't shine.

Why do roosters need funding?

Nick could fund it with pocket money and it's not like it would benefit their juniors.

They don't have any.

What a circus

Yeah the funding amount of 4o MIL for centre of excellencein addition to 3 stadiums rebuilds does not sit well even if tigers are getting a benefit when you have hospitals, trains and schools and community funding.

There’s more chance of Farah and Moses being co captains of the tigers next year then there is of this ever getting up

Yeah, the number of times they repeat 'We'll go ahead with this even if we don;t get Govt. funding' implies that they're pretty sure they're not going to get Govt funding.
Hope I'm wrong

@ said:
Yeah, the number of times they repeat 'We'll go ahead with this even if we don;t get Govt. funding' implies that they're pretty sure they're not going to get Govt funding.
Hope I'm wrong

Doesn't mean it won't happen, just means it will take longer.

It's seriously crazy if this doesn't get up. It's a community focused centre along a major urban redevelopment corridor (westconnex - parra rd). Are they going to leave concord standing and build brand new units all around it?

Could be a major focus of the urban growth master plan.

@ said:
There’s more chance of Farah and Moses being co captains of the tigers next year then there is of this ever getting up

It sure is looking that way….hey Harry where are you...

Ivan Cleary just continues to impress. Two things - COE or not, the weights still weigh the same; and, if it doesn’t get up we still keep moving forward. He has a great mindset and at the risk of sounding like a broken record- he is just what we need!

Our club will always be on a hiding to nothing as we are not influential enough. We don't have the sway nor do we have the political know how to influence the decision makers.

@ said:
Our club will always be on a hiding to nothing as we are not influential enough. We don't have the sway nor do we have the political know how to influence the decision makers.

The above is not the issue this time.

The issue is clubs like us and manly proposed the wrong model. We thought too big and need too much money. the government appears to be accepting simpler models that need less money.

Does anyone have an idea how this would go through without gov funding ?

Here what we are wanting.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wests-tigers-submit-plans-for-57-million-centre-of-excellence-at-concord-oval-20170331-gvb2js.html

It's a great idea it's just bad timing with all the other big spending going on with the nrl. Scap anz and alliaz rebuild and fund this at least it's benefiting community not cooperate stadium $$

@ said:
@ said:

The issue is clubs like us and manly proposed the wrong model. We thought too big and need too much money. the government appears to be accepting simpler models that need less money.

Too much money?????

We asked for 25% which was $10 million, matched by us and we had commitment from other organisations for the other $37 million.

We were not asking for anymore than the others that were granted the 10 million.

We can still build a COE - it will just be 10 million less (I suggest cutting some of the facilities that we were going to build for other sports).

Rorters get 10 million????? Oh! yes it is a level playing field.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Too much money?????

We asked for 25% which was $10 million, matched by us and we had commitment from other organisations for the other $37 million.

We were not asking for anymore than the others that were granted the 10 million.

We can still build a COE - it will just be 10 million less (I suggest cutting some of the facilities that we were going to build for other sports).

Rorters get 10 million????? Oh! yes it is a level playing field.

How do Roosters get $10M if there is a pool of $40M divided by 5 clubs? Are they all differing amounts?

Back