Gildart - The Last And Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m looking forward to Kepaoa returning.

Send him back on the punt.... Once we get his mates Thompson and Bateman over the line
Never seen he play before but I had high expectations of him .
He’s got good footwork but seem slow as and he can’t defend.
Maybe Nofoalooza has taught him how to spook play at training? 😂

Punt him !

It's the hardest spot on the field to defend...
He's mid way through his career and played at international level,
He is so far from close to acceptable it's frightening...

He's not fixing anything - There's been better players from the UK in the centres position than him out here in recent years, And they've all been woeful.
He's no different - I'd be shocked to see him survive the length of his contract....

Get your selfies with him as soon as you can is my advice.
I'll wait to get mine at the airport.

I was thinking he'd go good at fullback as he has plenty of speed, fitness and has a good offload but then I realised he can't make decisions for himself, can't see him guiding our line from the back- they say fullback is the most important defensive position these days.

If he is serious about making it in the NRL, he needs to spend some more time in State Cup and work his way up. If he wants to take shortcuts then he will not be in Australia beyond the term of his current contract.

The only positive I saw from him on Saturday night was when Brooks picked up the loose ball, Gildart did a good job to get between Brooks and Cook, as Cook was the only one who was a chance of catching Brooks.

Just too many defensive issues and while he looks good on his feet in attack, his passes/ decisions to pass are another issue that can't be forgiven. We need better than him to keep winning games.

Gildart's always been a poor defender and too small to physically match bigger opponents. Neither of these things are likely to change.

His big plus has been electric speed off the mark, great footwork and able to change direction at speed. Like a young Michael Jennings.

But...he has had two years of injuries. Bad ones. His speed appears to be gone. Like Chris Lawrence lost his.

Without his speed, Gildart really does not offer much at all.

That "defensive effort" for South's last try was atrociously poor.

He is exactly what I thought he'd be and I'd be sticking with him. He has the ability to create something out wide. He isn't fast but he is elusive and can beat a man.

The problem is he is small and his defense is poor.

Way way too early to write him off.

He was poor again in defence against Souths. He’s shown some ability in attack but it’s largely overshadowed by his poor defensive reads and lack of physicality.

I can’t question his heart because he’s made some decent cover tackles and doesn’t give up on the play but he’s ineffective and will be a constant target for opposition.

I think if he needs to remodel himself into a winger if he wants to play regular first grade or go back to cup and work really hard on his defence.

Hopefully Roberts will be back this week. He has been really solid for us this year. Centre is a worry though with Roberts carrying injuries and Asu and Talau coming back off knee recos (and other injuries).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back