Goal Kicking and Chris Lawrence?

Properossi

If I recall Lawrence has had a shot at goal kicking in the past? Can anyone clarify this? I am pretty sure he potted one from the sideline this may have been a cameo role at the time though? I know this doesn't make him a goal kicker but if Benji is off, he could be given the ball and this would mean we don't need flash?

Lawrence did some goalkicking in his junior days, but he doesn't practice regularly, and he won't get the gig as long as Benji wants it. If Michael Gordon does by chance end up at the Tigers next season, that will probably change.

@willow said:
Lawrence did some goalkicking in his junior days, but he doesn't practice regularly, and he won't get the gig as long as Benji wants it. If Michael Gordon does by chance end up at the Tigers next season, that will probably change.

yeah lawry used to kick alot in his younger days LOL sounds weird since hes only 21, and was a gun too from what ive heard.

I think benji needs to be relieved of the kicking duties as i feel he gets down on himself when he misses and tries to make it up else where and sometimes that goes a bit pear shaped.

@steven_tiger said:
He's kicked like 2/5 in first grade (or something similar).

Benji seems to be improving.

When there is no pressure and hes not exhausted Benji is a top goal kicker

From memory, he had a kick from the sideline at Campbelltown in '07 against the Titans to tie to match.

He missed. Bitterly disappointed.

I think Benji needs a little more time kicking before we death ride him.

@tiger05 said:
I think Benji needs a little more time kicking before we death ride him.

Agreed. He did OK last week, 7/9\. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks.

The majority of our tries are scored out wide, (i mean REALLY wide, its noticeably more than other teams) so I think Benji can be cut some slack regarding missing a few kicks.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back