Harold-Mathews Grand Final

So good to win the comp with ur bro.
Going the season undefeated too 😇
This is huge. I love how an earlier poster put it, "this is something they will remember for the rest of their lives."

Penrith have a bunch of guys who all came through together. They all have memories like these, which make leaving the club a hard decision. Guys don't want to leave the system because they've spent most of their lives aspiring to play for the Panthers.

Hopefully some of these boys will play first grade one day for Wests Tigers.

Any info on this team will be helpful.
What happens next year are most eligible for another season or are they SGBall age?
Also I’m not sure but I remember the comp ages being under 17s for Matt’s and under 19s for SGBall is that remaining for next year?

What happens next year are most eligible for another season or are they SGBall age?
Also I’m not sure but I remember the comp ages being under 17s for Matt’s and under 19s for SGBall is that remaining for next year?

Majority of the 27 players used during the campaign will be going up to SG Ball. Only Luke Laulilii, Nathaniel Gallagher, Kohan Adler & Callum McMenemy will be returning. Unsure on five players DOB.

Yes, those age groups will remain for the foreseeable future.

Stand outs, flame rating

5 Tajh Colquhoun 🔥🔥🔥
7 Luke Keppie 🔥🔥🔥🔥
8 Jordan Miller 🔥🔥🔥🔥
9 Tallyn Da Silva 🔥🔥🔥🔥
12 Lachlan Galvin🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
13 Kit Laulilii 🔥🔥🔥
Lachlan Galvin was the best player in the Comp imo. 💪💪

A lot of this year's Matt's squad played last year as 16 year olds.

Majority of the 27 players used during the campaign will be going up to SG Ball. Only Luke Laulilii, Nathaniel Gallagher, Kohan Adler & Callum McMenemy will be returning. Unsure on five players DOB.

Yes, those age groups will remain for the foreseeable future.
Ordinarily many of these players would have played SG Ball this season, and Flegg next year.

Any ideas why we'd hold them back? Players who dominate at a certain level can be fast tracked to boost their development. Could see Miller playing some Flegg towards the end of this season.

Also why do you believe NSWRL will extend the age group decisions? This was made due to COVID, these issues have since passed and there is now no need or benefit with those temporary measures.

SG Ball needs to be aligned with schoolboys comps, a short season which aligns with school requirements (both educational and footy). Having 18-19 year olds playing SG Ball for 8 weeks really serves no purpose, and leaves these players in a limbo where they suddenly don't have footy for the rest of the year unless they get promoted to Flegg and so their development stalls. There needs to be an urgent push to re-align these comps with their original age brackets.

Back