Has anyone here ever worked in Whistler

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
so i'm planning on heading over to Canada (Whistler or Banff) for a few months not this season but next - primarily skiing/boarding but i'd need to a get a job somewhere

Has anyone here ever done it before?
If so, any advice?

It depends what kind of work you are after really.

The resorts always need dish pigs but with your experience in bar work you may get lucky in that field.

It is very much divided up to those who have been coming there for a while though

yeah I was thinking of something in a bar, but I havn't poured a drink in a very long time….

the villages run expos here in oz months before the season starts. You go to it, have an interview and they hook you up with a job. Usually this is something good like being a ski instructor or something. The trouble is that these jobs require you to be there for the whole season (Nov-April), meaning that the only jobs available for people who arn't there that long are the other jobs.

and no, i won't be a dish pig :laughing:

Never worked there but been there skiing a few years ago. Nice place, but expensive. A lot of the lift attendants were Aussies - in fact there were so many that they called themselves "JAFAS" - "Just Another F…..g Australian"! I even remember one asking me how the Knights were going, and he was from Newcastle, but a long way from home.

I hope it goes well for you Kul getting a job over there. It would be an awsome experince to live and work over in the ski fields in canda for a while.

had a mate over there who was an instructor but in Utah not Canada, said that was the only way to earn a decent living because that was how you got the best tips. Canada probably different though (decent wages maybe?)

Got a mate who spent nearly 2 years at Lake Louise/calgary Calgary's apparently a pretty uneventful place, Vancouver though is a place i'd look into if i were you Karl.It's a great experience. Boarding with fellow aussie's is quite likely, there's a heap over there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back