Identity

K

kazzam72

i for one would like to see the tigers choose a path and stick to it.
i feel we are losing our identity trying to cater to the two tribes mentality.i followed balmain into the merger but now i follow wests tigers.this merger is now heading into its 11th season with no single team jersey and no single home ground.
the tigers are always asking us to step up and we have one of the lowest memberships in the competion,but how dedicated do they expect us to be when we have to travel to three home grounds to enjoy our member benifits and we need to have three different jerseys to show our support?
i love my team and will support them til i die but i wish the board would toughen up and say this is who we are,we are the wests tigers!!!the club was created from a joint venture,but to me as a fan it still seems very disjointed.
i would like to see the tigers have one homeground and one home strip,whatever it may be! :sign:

I know where your coming from but i disagree on just about everything you say
Firstly where would our home ground be? Surely it would have to be a happy medium between Leichhardt & Campeltown
so that would have to be ANZ stadium & we've tried that & it didn't work.It never felt like home & it never had atmosphere.
Sorry but i couldn't imagine not watching a game at LO & im sure the maggie fans would feel the same if there where no games at CO.If we lost our games at our traditional home grounds i doubt i would have the passion to support the WT.
Our new CEO has got the mix right at 4-4-4

As for jersey's every single team in the NRL has three jersey's & that includes souths & st george.
& we have just under 5000 members although it could be better,it is a rise from last year.
Our current admin. team is doing a superb job & not putting a foot wrong
Keep it up TIGERS :sign:

I used to be like this at first too. Always thought that eventually we would need to jump one way or another. Though in time i think i've just learned to accept things how they are. We have 2 homes, 2 sides of the joint. It hasn't stopped us yet and it probably never will. In time though we will rid ourselves of any "fossil" like officials who might for whatever reasons be holding the club back. I think with Humphries in charge though things are looking very bright.

I feel your frustration but I am with Tigerdre on this because it would be impossible to keep both sides satisfied. The way things are now is the best that can be done at this stage. To make it one way without catering for the other side of the joint venture would be like ripping the hearts out for some supporters.

Hopefully in generations to come when the old die hards have unfortunately died out, the new generations will be able to accept things to be the way you have wished for. But at this stage I can't see it being a happy situation if too many bold decisions were made by the powers that be to have it one way end of story. Even aside from that I don't think they are allowed to. Weren't measures taken when the merger was first discussed to ensure that both traditional clubs would be honoured?

Regardless of honour why would we ever get to one home ground?

Our fans are right across the Sydney basin (and elsewhere of course) as it stands and we represent to distinct areas with Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

If it's all the same I will just opt for a 6-6 split when it is financially viable

I agree with tigerdre.

Idenity is created,Wests Tigers is created from 2 great traditons and these traditions can NOT BE INORED.

I believe the "old die hards" are softing up and the younger generation could not care about the past.

Example,my father a die hard magpies supporter cried when the club he loved merged the same man cried when we(Wests Tigers) made the grand final after beat the dragons 20 - 12 in the semi final in 2005.I Only ever seen my dad cry twice.

Then on the other hand you have my 6 year old son who could not care about mergers and only care about when will be the next time he can see robbie and benji.

To me all of the above is our identity.Me and My family will be wests tigers all my life no matter where they are and what they wear.

I think we should be working towards 2 things…............1.playing all our home games at Leichhardt and Campbelltown......2.combining BRET and the Magpies as Wests Tigers in the state cup. When these two things happen, ill finally consider us united.

@king sirro said:
I think we should be working towards 2 things…............1.playing all our home games at Leichhardt and Campbelltown......2.combining BRET and the Magpies as Wests Tigers in the state cup. When these two things happen, ill finally consider us united.

BINGO

Agree about the games played at traditional grounds. But I would like the state cup teams to stay as Balmain and Wests.

so much harder for the players to crack into first grade though.2 lots of every position.

Yep rough on the players - very competitive, but twice the reserves for Sheens to tinker with too. My reasons for wanting it to stay the way it is is purely from a supporter prospective tho.

and mate im telling yar the money these state cup players are on are peanuts ,to say the least..

No arguements here, I agree. That's a whole other issue. I know most of them are working for a living on top of it, it isn't enough to use as a main income. It's sad really, so many slip thru the system for reasons like not getting a chance to show themselves in 1st grade because it is so competetive. So many of them give up their dreams and talent is wasted.

@BRET said:
No arguements here, I agree. That's a whole other issue. I know most of them are working for a living on top of it, it isn't enough to use as a main income. It's sad really, so many slip thru the system for reasons like not getting a chance to show themselves in 1st grade because it is so competetive. So many of them give up their dreams and talent is wasted.

here here ,

and not only that , some of the times and ovals they had to play on ,fair dincum…Just not right.

how many players from under 20S have gone straight to first grade ?, don't think too many.

@tomcat said:
how many players from under 20S have gone straight to first grade ?, don't think too many.

Lui, Dwyer, Tagive and Mataka(?) graduated from NYC to NRL before playing State Cup (I think thats the lot)

Moltzen played State Cup before NYC.

We have 4 home grounds and 4 jerseys. The main jersey (black) and alternative jersey (orange). All teams have a main(home) and alternative (away) jersey anyway. We do have 2 heritage jerseys though where most teams only have 1 but we only wear the heritage jersey 4 times this year anyway but that will probably be reduced to 2 times in the future anyway. I think it's a good thing they wear the heritage jerseys a few times each year, especially for the heritage round. The other teams wear heritage jerseys every now and then anyway. I don't ever think we will have 1 home ground unless Campbelltown gets that 40,000 + seat stadium if Australia win the soccer worldcup but that wouldn't be fair for the Balmain half. Playing half of the home games at Campbelltown and the other half at Leichhardt would be best but we can't afford it at the moment and Campbelltown and Leichhardt don't have a big enough capacity for the big games. They are doing the right thing. I would like it if they played the Foundation Cup at Campbelltown and one of the other trials at Leichhardt. There is an extra game at each. I strongly disagree that we should merge Wests and Balmain in the NSW Cup.

I personally like the way we are set up. I think we are a true JV and that is a good thing.

Members online

Back