If Nothing is done Nothing will change

supercoach

The writing had been on the wall all season, this team is on struggle street. Individually we have some good players, not enough to be a serious threat, but enough to win fifty percent of their games. In reality the team is going backwards from the previous four dark years.

You cant sack 25 players, but you can sack the coach,at the end of the day nothing might change,but you will never never know if you dont try and do something. The place needs new ideas, new game plans, new half time sermons and more importantly new accountability.

The talk we cant afford to flick Sheens is rubbish, what ever it costs will be cheaper than the damage being done at present. The honeymoon is over for son of Kev, we need a strong response to four and half years of crap. I can name ten coaches who could step up to the plate tomorrow and probably give the place a injection of enthusiasm. As I have said before it reeks of politics, the spin doctors keep telling us that its not Sheens but in fact circumstances beyond his control but nothing ever changes!!! Who is responsible and what is a fair time to achieve your goals???

This club needs get fair dinkum before its a laughing stock of the NRL

i dont understand why sheens puts himelf in this position - the writing was on the wall when we resigned fitzhenry - it was an onimous start

@supercoach said:
The talk we cant afford to flick Sheens is rubbish, what ever it costs will be cheaper than the damage being done at present. The honeymoon is over for son of Kev, we need a strong response to four and half years of crap. I can name ten coaches who could step up to the plate tomorrow and probably give the place a injection of enthusiasm. As I have said before it reeks of politics, the spin doctors keep telling us that its not Sheens but in fact circumstances beyond his control but nothing ever changes!!! Who is responsible and what is a fair time to achieve your goals???

Mate, you're spot on.

This "name me a better coach" crap is just that…absolute crap.

Spot on - doing nothing will be far more costly than paying out the great man.

Perhaps someone should quietly tell sheens he can go quietly and with dignity, or he can go kicking and screaming with a heap of disgruntled players going to the press and ensuring he gets nowhere near a job again and retires back to Magnetic Island and making sure there are no cowboys fans left who still want to lynch him for the pig's ear of a job he did up there

I agree with what you are saying but I can't see them sacking the coach a month after they extended his contract to cover 2011.

@NJLM78 said:
I agree with what you are saying but I can't see them sacking the coach a month after they extended his contract to cover 2011.

Exactly.

The club will not sack him. I believe we could get beat by 50 every week for the remainder of the year and he wouldnt be sacked. Its a joke. :cry:

Appoint Folkes head coach now with Brown as his assistant and look to bring in Potter next year in some capacity. Wishful thinking. :pray:

Seem to remember Sheensy saying he will walk away himself if he can't get it done with this Squad of players…...

2012 is really not that far away.....

Paitence.....

Mate I reckon if they fail to make the 8 this year Sheens will walk given Brown and Potter are on their way back and Folkes would no doubt coach again if given the opportunity.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@supercoach said:

Mate, you're spot on.

This "name me a better coach" crap is just that…absolute crap.

Look today I nearly felt sorry for Sheens, the player were rubbish. Although than I thought to myself this bloke is on 400g to get results or maybe more and comes up empty year after year and we are than supposed to slap him on the back. The guys a charity!!!!

The club has a lot to lose if they do not step in soon and recify this problem..Sponsors / season ticket holders and Television exposure.If this gets ugly and out of hand the club will be the big loser.

@Snake said:
The club has a lot to lose if they do not step in soon and recify this problem..Sponsors / season ticket holders and Television exposure.If this gets ugly and out of hand the club will be the big loser.

You're right, I thought along those lines a few years back in 08 after 3 years without finals. But we seem to have more members, get plenty of Channel 9 exposure and Proton seem to be happy to keep coming back for more.

Supercoach, as you would know a few of us saw the writing on the wall back in 2007\. Since then Sheens has recieved 2 extensions, what for i will never know. The whole place is stale. It stinks actually. Same game plans, same selections, same losing streaks, same players, same rubbish signings.

One man has his finger prints on all those things…..

Dismissing Tim 'The Fonz' Sheens will be the greatest decision this club can ever make for our future. I have said it for years now, the man is destroying our club. He is like a bad infection. He is ruining talented players careers.

Lets get rid of him now !!

The way we played in the Foundation Cup at the beginning of the year really had me worried. Our style of play, our size, the way the Roosters quite easily tore through us, the way we capitulated, had me thinking that nothing had changed in the off season and we were in for a long year.

Then we won a few and I thought we'd just taken some time to click. Benji gets on the Footy Show and says one of our early losses is the worst we'll lose this year. Things are looking good.

These past few weeks have shown that even if we start getting a few wins together, nothing really has changed. We're just as mentally fragile, we're still small, we still need things to go our way if we're going to win and Sheens still make absolutely ridiculous selections EVERY SINGLE WEEK. All talk of Tigers players being selected for Origin is fantasy stuff, especially when the team is playing this badly.

We're in for a long year.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Everything has changed except Sheens and Royce.

Incorrect, Marshall and Farah have continued to be the leaders in the team. This hasn't changed. If people are so adamant it's Sheens' fault, then Marshall or Farah need to go as well.

Both are great individual players but are not team players, and this is what separates them from the likes of Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk.

IMO, the coach should go, and one of Marshall or Farah need to either be taken away from the playmaking duties or be let go.

While both Marshall and Farah control the team we will always be hot and cold.

Sorry boys nothing is going to save us.

Management has already played their hand by resigning Tim for another year.

I actually watched the game to the end yesterday hoping Souths would put 50 on us. How sad is that!

A better team would have put 40 on us in the first half so we should consider ourselves lucky i guess.

Back