Infographic: ANZ not a happy hunting ground

azsportza

This is an infographic I made highlighting the history between the Eels and Wests Tigers, plus takes a look at the results from their outings to ANZ Stadium.

The forum doesn't like me embedding long and large images so best viewed at the link below.

Larger image available here: http://wp.me/p2XWQ7-aL

![](http://i2.wp.com/azsportza.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/NRLparwst_Info_R7-Cleanup-Web.jpg)

** The image has been updated **

The Eels have a shocking record at ANZ. Only problem is, they're bound to chalk up a win there at some point.

@innsaneink said:
Sorry mate that is a very very poor graphic hard to follow

I thought it started well, got a bit lost at the end.

Surprised by the # of field goals.

Constructive criticism? At the point of "complete playing history" it gets confusing. Biggest wins left and right columns are only Eels games, but biggests losses have both Tigers and Eels. Not sure what the pie charts mean.

Tiger's haven't won 3/5 by 31 points, they have scored 31 points in 3 of last 5 wins. Nor have 4 of last 5 been won by a field goal, rather a field goal has been kicked in 4 of last 5 wins.

Nice to read through though, I'd be keen to see this more often if it is a hobby of yours.

@innsaneink said:

^ That is very very poor sentence structure.

azsportza, a few small corrections pointed out by jirskyr but overall a pretty good infographic.

I would also be interested in seeing something like this for our future games if you have the time.

great idea, i like my stats, i could look at them all day. it just needs to be polished up. maybe a few less stats for people that arent as keen as some and maybe tone down the explosion of trying to fit every graphic possible onto one page. Less is usually more. over all pretty good work. I noticed a few typo/errors in there too.

I really like it. However, you've made a mistake in the Biggest Win section. It was us that beat the Dogs 56-4, not Parra. Otherwise, good stuff.

@jirskyr said:
@innsaneink said:

Constructive criticism? At the point of "complete playing history" it gets confusing. Biggest wins left and right columns are only Eels games, but biggests losses have both Tigers and Eels. Not sure what the pie charts mean.

Tiger's haven't won 3/5 by 31 points, they have scored 31 points in 3 of last 5 wins. Nor have 4 of last 5 been won by a field goal, rather a field goal has been kicked in 4 of last 5 wins.

Nice to read through though, I'd be keen to see this more often if it is a hobby of yours.

It's only the second time I'd attempt an infographic, a challenge to get all the information out. The white section was done to indicate all the ANZ Stadium information. So the idea of the pie charts were the total games play at ANZ Stadium, at the venue, Eels biggest wins have been over the Tigers.

Some of the wording a little off and I accept that.

@azsportza said:
@jirskyr said:
@innsaneink said:

It's only the second time I'd attempt an infographic, a challenge to get all the information out. The white section was done to indicate all the ANZ Stadium information. So the idea of the pie charts were the total games play at ANZ Stadium, at the venue, Eels biggest wins have been over the Tigers.

Some of the wording a little off and I accept that.

Mate it was good for your second time.

@azsportza said:
I've updated the original post with corrections. Should be clearer now.

Looks just right now.

Interesting to see both our biggest losses at the venue come against Souths. We both have such poor records at ANZ, but that's gonna happen when you miss the finals so often in the last few years.

I'm with reyre2000, I could look at the stats all day. As Sterlo said though: "statistics are a record of the past, not a guarantee of the future".

I assume you fixed the errors because I can't fault it. I worked at the Herald for 12 years as a designer and it's definitely up to professional standard.

Members online

Back